Frostfell Feedback and Bugs 2023

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Nov 21, 2023.

1. Denmum Developer

Yes. I had/have mutliple brooms on my main after Santa gifted me another this year. All can be shared with alts via the shared bank except the one that I already attuned to her. :D
  2. Manafizzle Well-Known Member

An important request for next year: Please make a free-standing Santa Glug hat house item. It should scale up fairly large, so that we can use it on various statues in the guild hall. Whatever you might want to put a Santa Glug hat on. Preferably blue and red options, because people like options. Thanks! :D
    Traesta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reassuring clarification! :)

I just wish I could help out Evilary with her needs for those... :(

Uwk
  4. Evilary Well-Known Member

I'm more interested in the wings. I would like to have a broom for all but for most daily items, I want all my characters to fly with wings...thankfully some of the are Fae or Arasai so they get wings by default. A broom and wings for all....:D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Main issue I have with the brooms I've flown on with female characters up to this point is that they're all "sitting sidesaddle," after Witch Hazel in the old Warner Bros. cartoons, I guess ("That way, you can tell I'm a lady of quality.")? I can't tell if it's my graphics or what, but it seems like on all of them, the broom is ramming through the right, ah, "cheek" muscle, and emerging out of the left thigh, and shredding everything in between. :-/

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: On my suggestion for letting Santa Glug only have to worry about handing out new items next year and putting the old stuff on a Village merchant, can at least one of the old things be a thing that was Heirloom when new (even if still Heirloom when old; merchants do sell things tagged like that, right?) so we won't have to worry about getting enough of them when they're new? :)

Uwk
    Twyla likes this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

BUG?: In my Santug forays on Test last night/this morning, I found this:

(1702408980)[Tue Dec 12 11:23:00 2023] You say to Santa Glug, "Thank you!"
    (1702408980)[Tue Dec 12 11:23:00 2023] You receive \aITEM 668050569 -461937316:Ice Carved Chandelier\/a.
    (1702408980)[Tue Dec 12 11:23:00 2023] \aNPC 65132 Santa Glug:Santa Glug\/a says, "Here you go, buddy-friend. Have a wonderful Frostfell."

So, one would figure that 18 hours plus at least a few seconds should work, right? :-/

No dice:

(1702473782)[Wed Dec 13 05:23:02 2023] You say to Santa Glug, "Thank you!"
    (1702473782)[Wed Dec 13 05:23:02 2023] \aNPC 65170 Santa Glug:Santa Glug\/a says, "Sorry, buddy-friend, but I don't have a new gifty for you yet. You come back one day from when you got last gifty. Then I give another! Happy Frostfell!"

According to the time stamp on the log, that's 18 full hours, 2 seconds. What happened? :-/

Even if microseconds were involved (which don't show up on the log, so how would we know what they were?), I always figured a full two second leeway would be more than enough. :-/

EDIT: It's not just on Public Test; here's another excerpt, from Halls of Fate:

(1702403580)[Tue Dec 12 09:53:00 2023] You say to Santa Glug, "Thank you!"
    (1702403580)[Tue Dec 12 09:53:00 2023] You receive \aITEM -1901047032 -1859162129:Merry Bowl of Frostfell Baubles\/a.
    (1702403580)[Tue Dec 12 09:53:00 2023] \aNPC 65158 Santa Glug:Santa Glug\/a says, "Here you go, buddy-friend. Have a wonderful Frostfell."

Then:

(1702468382)[Wed Dec 13 03:53:02 2023] You say to Santa Glug, "Thank you!"
    (1702468382)[Wed Dec 13 03:53:02 2023] \aNPC 65158 Santa Glug:Santa Glug\/a says, "Sorry, buddy-friend, but I don't have a new gifty for you yet. You come back one day from when you got last gifty. Then I give another! Happy Frostfell!"

And with another Halls character; from this:

(1702403700)[Tue Dec 12 09:55:00 2023] You say to Santa Glug, "Thank you!"
    (1702403700)[Tue Dec 12 09:55:00 2023] You receive \aITEM -1173504169 -2102135555:Jolly-filled Frostfell Cube Plushie\/a.
    (1702403700)[Tue Dec 12 09:55:00 2023] \aNPC 65158 Santa Glug:Santa Glug\/a says, "Here you go, buddy-friend. Have a wonderful Frostfell."

To this:

(1702468502)[Wed Dec 13 03:55:02 2023] You say to Santa Glug, "Thank you!"
    (1702468502)[Wed Dec 13 03:55:02 2023] \aNPC 65158 Santa Glug:Santa Glug\/a says, "Sorry, buddy-friend, but I don't have a new gifty for you yet. You come back one day from when you got last gifty. Then I give another! Happy Frostfell!"

What's interfering? :-/

Don't get me wrong; in a way, I'm highly appreciative of the "Punt the oafs hovering around Santa Glug so others can have a chance with him, too!" idea, but I can't help but think that back in the day, even if there were some weird thing like this going on, I'd hail him again at like 03:53:03 and still be on track with my schedule, 'cause I wouldn't've budged from my spot with him. :-/

Uwk
  8. Tkia Well-Known Member

NO! Didn't we have this exact conversation last year, Uwk? There is nothing "weird" about 2 clocks in 2 different parts of the world not being in complete synchronicity. In fact, I'd say it was pretty normal. If your "schedule" depends on split second timing and you're expecting it to work I think you're living in Fantasyland and you'll be continmually disappointed. Tonorrow just start the entire process 10 minutes later then you'll have a whole 10 minutes of catch-up time to play with.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

What would help would be for Santa Glug to just hand out the nine new things, and have whatever old stuff he'd be handing out show up on one of the merchants. That way, if we actually wanted 87 Festive Sprens, for example, we could happily rest assured they'd be available, and we'd be guaranteed to get at least something new for every hit -- er, request of Santug. ;->

Uwk
    FalconClash and Traesta like this.
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And, frankly, no matter how many toons we have (I'm sure I'm not the only one to have more than 7, 14, or 21 toons [US & Thurg or Thurg & US, Public Test] in this game [I'm firmly convinced I'm doing my part to keep the servers populated and staffers' kids in college ;->]), we'd finish with that part of Frostfell, getting at least one new thing to each of them, a lot faster, and can go on to other Frostfellish things -- as well as deal with suddenly cropping up weather or health issues. X-P

Uwk
    currently battening down for local storms X-P
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Tkia Well-Known Member

I'm currently running 48 toons through this daily to accumulate items for 29 of them. It takes me a couple of hours a day and I am currently done bar 1 missing dragon on AB. It's called 'organizing and prioritising' which is pretty much essential with excessive numbers of toons. You can't expect Kaitheel to design things for the odd player who has massive numbers of toons. He has to arrange things to work for the majority of players otherwise the guy that only has 1 or 2 is going to be bored stiff 30 minutes after it goes live.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, trust me on this, I am organizing; you should see my spreadsheets! :D But yeah, anyone that has only 1 or 2 -- well, for one thing, they still have to come back every 18 hours, 9 to 18 times, just to have a hope of getting all nine new things for each toon, presuming they're only getting a fresh new thing every time without any duplicates, 1 new thing/toon. So, that would take approximately 162-324 hours, minimum...if only new things are given. Granted, that's over the course of over a month, but there are other things to do in that zone: gather enough mats to make stuff from the current recipe books; do all the quests that start there (and regardless of how bored the 1-7 toon folks might get, I for one praise Kaitheel to the skies for making sure that "thaw everyone, or don't bother" thing is now done only ONCE [THANK YOU, KAITHEEL!!!] :D), some of which take more than half an hour to get them all done; get involved with parts of quests that can deal with steps outside the zone; etc.

(Plus, let us never forget that folks are still often working on a new expac as well; I've seen even Lera [gasp :eek:!] do something in the new zones that might not actually have anything to do with Frostfell [I'm in a guild with her, I know this for a fact. ;->]!)

That's if the gifties are new only. If they're included in a group of 16 with other, older gifties, that'd take...288-576 hours, minimum, to get one of each of everything for 1-2 toons with no duplicates; granted, if those 1-2 toons were brand new, created by a new player, even the "old stuff" for the rest of us would be new for them...and if the old stuff were on the merchants for small amounts of in-game currency, rather than E'ci Tokens (which a newb might or might not know about), and we got a list of what they were (like on EQ2 Traders; thank you, Denmum! :D), and/or the newbs had friendly advice from us old farts, they'd be able to find them and get them easily, maybe even -- or especially! -- get all the Heirloom-tagged things they might be interested in. :)

(BTW, Kaitheel, would it be possible to ensure that some of those seven "old things" on a Village merchant next year would be the 3.5 [three definitely, one provisional] Heirloom things from this year? I'm not the only one getting frustrated by RNGeebus's quirks about letting us get something cool that way. Having them be guaranteed on a Village merchant next year would be lovely! :))

That's with 1-2 toons (and on a F2P account, where they're only allowed 1-2 toons without Slots [and whoever thought of the Character Slot idea, bless them!], they're already under enough privations; doing something like my idea would make such toons' lives a wee bit easier, I think). Even just looking at the 7 toons/region max., that starts adding up. ;->

Uwk
    on three "regions" (US, Test, Thurg.) these days ;->
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

FEEDBACK: When/if we get appearance-changing Wands again next year, could we make them something like the appearance-changing things we can get with Oceansfull or Nights of the Dead, where it changes our appearance (ice and snow critters, etc.! Lots of options! :D)? Even I don't have a ton of combat pet owners amongst the Horde; I have quite a few toons on Thurgadin ('cause they were in different regions, originally, that's why; I was thinking seriously about making 7 over in Storms in Germany because of the immensely cool early decorating chops shown there, but then The Great Consolidation of EU occurred...), and less than a third of them are combat petters. :-/

And trying to Broker them (thank goodness we can, that they're not Heirloom! :D), trying to raise enough cash for the Brokerable items we couldn't get, is a lost cause; I've seen them go for copper on the gold, largely because I'm not the only one with a paucity of petters (heh!). One can luck out if one can find someone willing to Trade for them, but that's kind of hit or miss. :-/

Uwk
  14. Kattt Well-Known Member

For the 20th anniversary year, for Frostfell, I would love to see you do another quest that is as good and fun as A Frostfell Favor and its nod to A Christmas Carol. This time I would LOVE to see you give a nod to A Christmas Story. You already did the tongue stuck on the lamppost, but how about going all out? Two Norrath Children celebrate Frostfell with their family and all the hi-jinks that ensue, like their visit to Santa Glug, maybe one of the kids wants a nifty new Red Reaper Crossbow for Christmas but his mother says he will shoot his eye out. How about the local bully? Or a fun pink bunny outfit we can put on as a reward choice? Or a fun Norrathian stye leg lamp house item as another reward? Or a pack of gnolls that raid the house for a turkey? And then they have dinner instead with Qho's family or some other local tavern? SO many ways you could do this, so many nods, so many fun puns could be used! =)

I miss EQ2 doing so many of those really funny puns and culture nods that made me giggle. To me, those are some of your best and most clever content!

{{crosses fingers really hard for this to be next year's Frostfell gift}}

Thanks!
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Never seen it, but I'll take your word for it! :) That does sound fun! :D

One thing I'd like to see change is reverting the harvest levels back down to what they were in the olden days. Nowadays, you can still scribe the recipes at a Level 2 Artisan, but have to be at least a level 19 or higher anything to have a guaranteed result from a Frostfell Village materials node (level 95 in gathering). :-/

Perhaps this got cranked up when we could get the crafting stations and make FF stuff all year round? :-/

Uwk
    who's asked about that before, but was never satisfied with the answer
  16. Evilary Well-Known Member

I've not noticed issues with harvesting in frostfell. I do wish harvesting in general had some changes. Level 10 max harvesting, gain a few levels, head back out and poof, you can no longer gather anything until your max harvesting again. I understand we should miss sometimes but I need 50 points to max harvesting, I can usually get the skill ups on 1 or 2 nodes due to all the misses on them when not max. It doesn't seem to matter if your skill is maxed for the zone anymore either. Tier 1 harvests will miss just as much even if your in tier 3 harvest levels if you are not max.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, usually what it depends on nowadays is whether or not you can harvest Rares in a regular zone, not if you can harvest at all, so I guess that's progress? :-/

But if something special, node-wise, like a Frostfell Village present node, doesn't have any (official) Rares (Raw Fowl and Cured Ham, I'm looking at YOU), it isn't very informative. It just tells you when you Examine it that it doesn't have any rares to harvest (no kidding, node, we got that), or when it's finally Trivial. :-/

Uwk
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Rather Burning Question: when does Frostfell officially end? At 7 am PST on the 9th, or at 11:59 pm PST on the 9th? :-/

Uwk
    because inquiring minds who had a major power outage today want to know :-/
    Breanna likes this.
  19. Evilary Well-Known Member

You can scroll back on the in game calendar but I think it said at 1:59 AM PST for me.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You're back east? :)

'Cause yeah, if so, that would be the 11:59 pm PST (Pacific Standard Time, now that Daylight Savings is over...may it always be over, but I digress). Whew! :)

Uwk