Focused Feedback - Itemization

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Xelgad, Nov 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yukinoh Active Member

It's been mentioned elsewhere in the forum, but in the interest of putting it on the Focused Feedback thread, the rate of new green adorns entering the game is nearly nil - we need either a lesser transmutable-crafted version, or an improved raid-craft version such as last expansion, Lots of us are tired of looking at the same adornments we've had fully levelled for more than a year ;).
  2. Silzin Active Member

I think most of the problems with WDB VS. Pot, and people not getting the set of armor in zones they want also can all be fixed by cutting down to 4/5 sets of armor. I do think that all classes need a look over for CA Damage. The way I would redistribute the armor sets is as follow. For Leather and Plate I would have a 5th set that replaces +Mit with +Block for 2 defensive sets.

1st – Max Health, +Mit., CB, Pot, (1 DPS Stat), (1 Casting Stat),
    2nd - CB, Pot, (1 DPS Stat), (1 Casting Stat), WDB
    3rd - CB, Pot, (1 DPS Stat), (1 Casting Stat), WDB ---- Different stats from Set #2
    4th - CB, Pot, (1 DPS Stat), (1 Casting Stat), AoE Auto

In this way If any class needs to “Go Defensive” and use the Max Health Set then they are getting all of the defensive stats that a tank would get. Also the tanks get all of the stats we NEED to tank with. Cleric can go all +block if they want… all of the scouts and mages are happy since the will get most of the DPS stats they want and the Casting stats to reforge as needed to cover any other gaps. The WDB would probably need to be lower since this is more over all DPS than the existing sets of armor.

Also with this would need to be a way to trade in all of the existing sets of gear with Gems for the new gear and the Gems. Also do not just replace the drops on the loot tables; it needs to be re-tabled…. So the existing 8-12 sets are reduced to 4 or 5 sets.
  3. Hammdaddy Active Member

One thing that i love is all these new healer procs, they give lovely effects such as +CB & Potency! Except for the fact that you put these things in the same slots as practiced items/magical debuff ears/amplifying things essentially making them all awful. The point of these objects is (assuming) healing and through that healing you give the person stats however practiced items give more stats making these obsolete. The rings that have amplifying will give yourself and others more stats by wearing the amplifying yourself.
  4. Ansom Active Member

The Itemization is pretty much tov style. same proc, with better version.

Suggestion:

• Put pattern armor in the heroic loot table. Instead the classic cb/pot/hp, 4 (or 8) pattern with all set (now i have token for buy all green gem, but i can't find the correct armor...)
    • Change the armor from the ps quest reward. In tov style will be nice. Now we have different quest, with the same slot reward..
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

It is already ToV style. Go to the tower off the Kithicor Docks in Phantom Sea. You can crunch armor into malice shards and exchange the correct number of shards for the specific armor with the stats of your choice. Unlike ToV, you're not 'slot restricted' this time, so the exchange is friendlier that way this time around.
    Shmogre likes this.
  6. Ansom Active Member

in temple we have: labs / halls / dom. 2 slot armor for istance (plus forearms on stasis/stratum)

Now we have:

Castle1: shoulder - forearms
    Castle 2: glove - forearms
    Ossuary2: chest
    Ossuary1: shoulder
    Temple 1: Feet - Head
    Temple 2: leg

I know the new shard system, and i have personally liked (now i can buy the leg armor, without cleaning temple2). But... find the correct gear, with my luck on dice.. is impossible :(
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

*wry chuckle* Oh, I understand. Since ToV the game seems to have decided that my warden is a brawler when it comes to armor awards :p
  8. Malleria Well-Known Member

I'm really tired of getting shoulder rewards tbh. RoM mission only awarding shoulders is pretty awful. Every chest should at least have a rare chance at another slot.
  9. Hammdaddy Active Member

I hate choosing leather gear because their is 5 awful sets and 2 good ones. Erase all of the wdb please no (good) druid wants it, i'm 87% positive all of the brawlers want the mit gear so the block is worthless. The cb/pot/cast and the ru/mod/cb/pot, and the mit brawler gear should be the only three sets. Also please delete max health gear from heroics, i'm sick of seeing people wear it for some unknown reason.
  10. Vapur Member

No way! Some people like to experiment and have multiple sets to mix and match. Let's take the classes in your example.

A Warden (not Fury) with WDB armor: this would be good for soloing, but it would also be an awesome support healer that can output some nice damage. Leave the healing to the Shaman, Cleric, or the Channeler.

A Brawler with WDB armor: if the zones become so easy, why not? You could put mitigation and block runes in them to make up the difference ... or else stack Riposte Damage! Used another way, this would be great to use for reckless dps if someone else is tanking. Combat Mastery for everyone, and being able to out-parse everyone to boot.

As for the Max HP set ... this is good for Channelers because CB/Pot both contribute to your pet health. Rather than get the gear for Ability Reuse, the Max HP helps contribute to survivability. It doesn't hurt to carry both.
  11. Malleria Well-Known Member

Just let us pick which armor piece we want from the mission reward crate. Easy :)
  12. Silzin Active Member

I like that the armor is not just "Pick your armor at each zone". i think the numbers of components of each is fine also... i just think the number of sets of armor needs to be reduced and sets combined. have 1 or 2 Survivability sets with Max Health and the tanking stats, then 2 or 3 dps sets with CB and Pot, so the healer and caster can get what they want and the Melee people can also get theirs all from the same sets of armor.
  13. Thayden New Member

So why is a 1/2 raid piece worse than a 4/4 heroic piece??? Lower health, lower stamina, slightly higher CB, lower AR and same mit??? Huh????

\aITEM 520812264 -373522339 0 0 0:[Xin Dabo Centi Sabatons]\/a
    \aITEM -1818692131 296691884 0 0 0:[Unyielding Sabatons of Despite]\/a
  14. Ansom Active Member

The loot table is fine. The big problem is the smart loot system. Same for the master with a ridiculous percentage.
  15. Kraeref Well-Known Member

can we please not get the same item from several mission crates in the row? If you have few mission: a regular, a daily and the end of weekly all crate give the same item three times. Pretty please.
  16. Silzin Active Member

from observation it looks like the loot table rolls down the list not 1-15 and gives us something somewhere on the list. it looks to me like it starts at item one, and "Rolls" its change on that, if it is not item 1, then it goes on to item 2, and so on.

If this is the way that itemization is rolled, then the loot rolling system needs an update to be ... you know, "Random"
    Jrel likes this.
  17. Gr3yhawk New Member

Please bring consistency back and stop putting the game in a bottle. Its an expansion not a game in its own right.Please consider the entire game when itemising.

Currently level 90+ itemisation is no longer level based but expansion based and is a complete mess. Level 90 handcrafted gear is better than level 90 fabled gear.

I still cannot fathom why they made AoM gear so out there stats wise. I had a grim time at the weekend with my level 96 Paladin in almost all handcrafted gear soloing Poets Palace : The Return x4 epic zone. I didnt even need a merc, nothing could even touch me mentored to level 60. The final boss was 8 levels higher than me and I still didnt even lose a noticable fraction of my hp.

So in short can we have level 1-100 being actually consistent ALL the way through and not have a completely new set of rules being brought in with each expansion.
    Charlice, Jrel and Vapur like this.
  18. Hammdaddy Active Member

no. WDB gear is never good, you get more dps as a druid from the potency anyway. A brawler with wdb gear is meh, tank dps is atrocious because of mechanics. And channelers shouldn't get that anyway, they can get the cb/pot/cast and reforge for real stats. Max health isn't required when you can stack 24 guardian charms and break the game.
  19. Silzin Active Member

The Crumbling Icon – Please add a Brawler Defensive weapon to the Plate tank shield crate with the same defensive stats as the Mit/Block Shield. It is very annoying to have a mob that drops defensive items and have non for the brawler tanks. A 1h would be best.
  20. Silzin Active Member

Barin the Brute and Bellut Shortsond - Halemaker from the fighter 2h-2.0 and scout/brawler 4.0 crate needs to be Brawler useable and a 6.0, 7.0 ,8.0 or 9.0 sec weapon not 2.0 sec weapon.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.