Extra Life 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Oct 14, 2022.

1. cellinaire Well-Known Member

So I take it one qualifies by both recommending others to donate and personally just donating 250+, right? Sure sounds like it :)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Elinea Well-Known Member

So, I made a donation, but didn't sign up for anything. I received an email thanking me for my donation, but by not signing up for an account, will I miss out on the individual incentive? I thought signing up meant participating in game day, which I'm unable to do, so I didn't sign up for an account. I'm confused there.
    Cassta and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  3. Denmum Developer

Thank you for your donation! You're good to go and will get your claim code once things are processed after game day.

If you donated, and received a confirmation email, then you will qualify for the appropriate donation incentives, and will receive them sometime ... soonish. As mentioned above, Extra Life will have to tell us numbers, then we will have to generate the claim codes, give them to Extra Life, and Extra Life will mail them out to the accounts tied to the donations.

You only sign up for an account if you want to personally fundraise and pull in funds from friends, family, etc.
  4. Kattt Well-Known Member

One other point of confusion. In 2 different areas above you mention double currency. One seems to denote all of game/areas. The other seems to denote only VOV. Could someone clear this up please?

Thanks!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Cassta like this.
  5. Elinea Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification!
  6. Kattt Well-Known Member

Double currency due to be where? If a dev could please clarify, thanks =)

(Your post at beginning says this: "35% total increased rare drop chance, 225% total increased experience. Double currency rewards, double loot drops in Visions of Vetrovia and current Time-Locked expansions (Desert of Flames for Varsoon; Kunark for Tarinax)."

Some saying that means VOV only. Others say it means all areas. Devs..which is it?
    Please...inquiring minds want to know? =)
  7. Saladdin Active Member

Will there be an action for doubling the coins received for completing tasks today, November 8, 2022? If yes, then when?
  8. Taled Well-Known Member

I would assume not, if you made the mistake of doing them before the long announced start time of 10 am PST.
  9. Tyrval Active Member

From above

10. Jaxyn Member

11. Jaxyn Member

I'd been looking for a donation link, but apparently my browser hadn't loaded quickly enough when this first came out; I never saw the link. Anyway, best of luck to the Everquest II Extra-Life team.
  12. Accendo Guest

If you go to our page, there's a Donate button up top just under our page title/logo: https://www.extra-life.org/team/darkpaw-games
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Cassta and Twyla like this.
  13. Splongo New Member

Just want to say great job everyone it's a really good achievement.

Also wanted to check if the emails had gone out yet for the personal rewards? (Just in case I had somehow missed mine)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Cassta and Kattt like this.
  14. Cassta Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing, just in case. Sometimes I don't look close enough at my spam folder.
  15. Arandar Well-Known Member

It's probably a safe bet they're not going to deal with any of that until after the expansion launches. Just a guess, but I suspect their plates are currently full to overflowing.
  16. Crabbok Member

Hi! So I have a problem - I used one of my personal treasure cache's - got the buff, and it didn't give me a reward after the next raid mob we killed... (Wasn't the end boss, I thought normal raid bosses would work). I figured... no problem, I still have the buff - I'll just get a bonus chest next raid night when we clear deathtoll. (On Varsoon). Problem is, my guild asked me to betray to a monk tonight, and betraying purged the personal treasure cache buff from my character. I had no idea it would do this. I tried petitioning but they told me to post here as they weren't sure what to do.

Are any devs able to help?
  17. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

We have been made aware that some emails with the Extra Life codes were missing formatting. The codes themselves work if you will edit it in the follow way:

1. Remove the EQ/EQII from the beginning of the code.

2. Then the code should be 4x Characters in 5 sets, like this:
    • 1A1A-A1AA-1AAA-1A11-AA1A
    • 1B1B-B1BB-1BBB-1B11-BB1B
    • 1C1C-C1CC-1CCC-1C11-CC1C
    • 1D1D-D1DD-1DDD-1D11-DD1D
    We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Siren like this.
  18. Accendo Guest

Original post updated to include the following:

[Updated January 26, 2023] Earned Individual and Fundraiser incentives keys from Extra Life have now gone out based on the email associated with the donations that came in on or before December 31, 2022. We sincerely appreciate everyone's participation and in helping make 2022 a phenomenal year! If for any reason the keys you receive do not work or return an error message, please contact Angeliana or Accendo via PM on the forums.

Also, we have been made aware that some emails with the Extra Life codes were missing formatting. The codes themselves work if you will edit it in the follow way:

1. Remove the EQ/EQII from the beginning of the code.
    2. Then the code should be 4x characters in 5 sets, like this:
    1A1A-A1AA-1AAA-1A11-AA1A
    1B1B-B1BB-1BBB-1B11-BB1B
    1C1C-C1CC-1CCC-1C11-CC1C
    1D1D-D1DD-1DDD-1D11-DD1D