Expansions

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by JohnD212, Jan 19, 2014.

1. JohnD212 Member

Hi everyone,

I'm just jumping back into EQ2 and am trying to figure out which expansions I need to buy and which I don't. I looked at my account and to be honest, it's very confusing. Is there a better way of knowing which ones I still need to buy? I like to have them all but looking down the list on my account info. page is just crazy and it doesn't seem very clear. Any suggestions really appreciated.

Thanks
  2. Sylke Well-Known Member

Buying the most recent (Tears of Veeshan) should include all others, except the Age of Discovery aspects which can be purchased from the Marketplace.
  3. Regolas Well-Known Member

How long have you been away?

Most of the content is free now, except the last two content packs for L92-95. This all comes in Tears of Veashan.

There is also the Age of Discovery feature pack, which is now on the marketplace as individual features or as a pack. (pack costs 4000SC/$40 if not bought on a sale). This includes Mercenaries, reforging, Dungeon Maker, Tradeskill Apprentices, and maybe something else I forget.

Only reforging is essential at top level, although mercenaries are useful at all levels especially when soloing.
  4. JohnD212 Member

Cool. So I went ahead and purchased Tears of Veashan so I think I'm all caught up. I just like to support a game that I like and wanted to make sure I had all the content unlocked. Thanks so much for the replies.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  5. Jrral Active Member

ToV will have you caught up.

On AoD, check the marketplace. The features it added (the beastmaster class, reforging, mercenaries, etc.) are available as individual purchases. Price out the parts you want, it might be cheaper to buy the individual ones you want than the full bundle. If you find you want the majority of them, though, the bundle will likely be cheaper. I recommend reforging and mercenaries for everyone. The rest depends on preference.