Expansion Livestream: Thurs, Oct 1 @ 10AM PDT

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Sep 30, 2015.

1. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Thalumbra anagrams to Brutal Ham. New player race maybe?
    Kryvak, Feldon and Pipsissiwa like this.
  2. CharbrynEQ2 Well-Known Member

If you preorder you are guaranteed a beta slot. Otherwise, you will have to apply and may or may not get into beta, as done in the past.
  3. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

The whole expac name also anagrams to Bathroom Fart Ruler, Bathroom Rat Flu Err, Harmful Boat Terror (20 min boat trips?), or my favourite; Further Robot Alarm.
    Juraiya, Kryvak and Eradani like this.
  4. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

That is the BEST!!!! Bathroom Fart Rulers?!!!
    Also I think there is something wrong with you.
  5. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

You have only just realised?
    Juraiya, Prissetta, Lodrelhai and 2 others like this.
  6. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Way to go, Chris and I are now working on a new mount.
  7. Stabaholic Active Member

You gonna get Gninja back in the recording studio for that? LOL
    Feldon and ttobey like this.
  8. Anaogi Well-Known Member

Is that confirmed? Because the wording wasn't exactly clear...
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

[quote="Pipsissiwa, post: 6262114, member: 1684" And don't get me started on the nasty pay-to-win feel for the upgraders in the Premium version. :([/quote]

Same for the buffs you get from the altar, including the tithe buff for the deity stuff. Unfortunately, MMO's seem to be slowly but surely evolving/trending towards pay to win features. In a way, I can't blame the companies for doing this, as it all boils down to their profit margin, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. I know I refuse to play fully pay to win games, and if they add too much pay to win stuff in this game, I doubt I'll stick around to play this either.

Thank you again for the reply, Feldon. It's quite clear now. :)

Edit: Anaogi that was my understanding from what was said in the live feed recording. I believe it is confirmed. Don't take my word for it though. :)
  10. Lodrelhai Well-Known Member

Almost every mount, prestige house, house pet, plushie, fluff pet, pet illusion, player illusion, furniture piece, or other non-service item on the marketplace is an asset that was already in the game, in a slightly different form. That's how most of the fluff items work - we see something that looks awesome and we want to have it for ourselves. If the particular items being offered for individual use don't appeal to you, you don't get it, and that's fine. But charging players more for the items in the CE is no different than charging players to buy their own Arcane Academy or Qeynos-style pegasus mount.

Have there been bonus items in any CE that weren't tweaks to assets either in that xpac or already in the game? The original baby dragon, maybe? (Which I'd still like to see on the loyalty vendor BTW, even if they cost 300 tokens!)
    Juraiya likes this.
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

So this question was asked before my question was answered, but was left unanswered, and I am wondering the same thing myself, Roshen. Can you or someone let us know the answer to this question, please?

Basically what I'd like to know is if I shell out $34.99 now for a basic pre-order, and decide to upgrade to the CE version later, can I do so, for the difference? I know you all did that for a previous expansion, but am wondering if you will offer that again, with this expansion? It certainly will help with budgeting for those who can't afford to shell out the full amount at once.
    Prissetta and Pipsissiwa like this.
  12. Pipsissiwa Well-Known Member

I have my own Indie Game dev studio here in the UK, so game pricing is something we think about and discuss a lot, both within the company and between the supportive and wonderful Indie dev community members.

There's charging more for fluff, and there's charging significantly more than the actual expansion for the fluff, and that is what gets me. Surely the all the assets that had to be created to make the new zones, monsters, items, quests, tradeskills etc that form part of the actual game should be worth more than bonus fluff? I'd happily pay more for the base expac - it will be well worth it I am sure. It just really annoys me that these days that the price difference between SE and CE is so huge when it is using existing assets, and they now put in things like nice mounts/teleporters/pets that in past expacs used to be questable/earned by actually playing the new content, not just got by throwing money at the cash shop. Fluff shouldn't cost more than the actual game content, IMO. And it is just my opinion. Many will disagree. Personally I wouldn't (and don't unless it is using the currency given as part of my sub - which I pay to support the game) pay the prices they ask on the marketplace for most stuff - its mad for a virtual item that once created costs nothing further, can be sold over and over endlessly for 100% profit & could vanish at any time. You can buy small, beautiful, hand-made one-off pieces of physical art for the same or less. And I prefer to. Again, just my opinion.

I would also point out that when buying stuff from the marketplace you can pick and choose things that are useful and only pay for what you actually want. This time they've put stuff in for all play styles but it means people have to pay for the stuff they don't want too if they only want one or two items. I refuse to buy into that marketing/selling strategy. It feels like gouging - if you want one, you have to pay for all. Not a chance. Maybe I'm in the minority /shrug. I'd have been much happier with an option slightly more than the standard that came with the teleporter (which should be in all versions or quested for IMO) and a choice of fluff when /claimed in game.

I predict that the recipes (the only thing I actually want) will turn up on the marketplace or loyalty merch given enough time, and after playing for 11 years I am a very patient rat.
    Juraiya and Merriel like this.
  13. Hadrian New Member

Good point, but there is a perk which might appeal to many Veteran players. It depends on how many below-level-85 Alts you have. For the first time ever, below-level-85 Alts are allowed to fly, but only if you have the new CE mount. That is a very intriguing feature. On the other hand, they'll probably put a lvl-35 flying mount on the Marketplace for Christmas, so that those of us who refuse to buy the CE can fly around at level 35 as well. However, these Christmas Marketplace mounts will be one per character (or probably Heirloom), while CE mounts are usually account-wide for every toon you have or create. Also, if you have Alts on different servers, Heirloom doesn't help, as it applies only to the same server. Imho the lvl-35 flying mount as an account-wide feature is the major perk of this CE. Alas, I won't buy the CE this time because I can't afford it right now. I have to wait for my Christmas bonuses, until then it's only the SE for me. I might have been persuaded to buy the CE if they had offered a steep pre-order discount, but as they have calculated that they don't need extra CE buyers who go for the pre-order discount, I'll go for the SE, as I did with AoM last year.
    Prissetta, Merriel and Pipsissiwa like this.
  14. Treson Member

Pre-oder "discount" lol. From what I can tell there isn't a discount for pre-ordering, you just get a crappy clicky-buff item. Any discount you can see is the All-Access discount all paying members receive on all purchases.
  15. Hakkif New Member

I have searched everywhere for the livestream of Oct.1 to show my friend the new expansion. It is no longer on YouTube. It is no longer on Twitch. Please tell me why it was removed and where do I go to show it.
    Feldon likes this.