EverQuest II Swag Store Now Live!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 3, 2023.

1. Jrox Well-Known Member

I have to say I am absolutely happy with the introduction of this store. Me and the wife picked up 4 mugs and 2 mouse pads. We are passing on the shirts and hoodies for now. But they said to keep checking back. So that's what we will do.

I will keep buying until I have all the mugs for sure. hopefully new mugs with funny quotes and different artwork will follow. Posters for wall art in me and her gaming office would be an awesome must have and figurines. Honestly super excited for what might follow and will absolutely put my money behind this. Keep my game alive is how I feel when I buy it, and that is a big motivator for us!!

Thanks DarkPaw!! Can't wait to see what comes next!!:D
  2. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

On mobile, gotta keep it short, playing Wii with my son rn.

Congrats on a successful launch of the swag store! Will be purchasing one or two items for sure. I actually need a few new shirts for home chilling and the ones available look like a perfect fit. Moths ate my last two good shirts, in dire need of new ones, lol. That said, I hope to see many more collector items added to the store as time goes on, see video above for an example (EQ2 CE with a beautiful box + a bunch of awesome goodies). A few vinyl would look nice on my wall too, so anything like that is very much appreciated.

Thanks for fulfilling yet another promise, you rock!

Cheers
  3. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

3 D printed EQ 2 characters ( race,class ...action figures) can be easily done and you can even have it engraved with your name ... for the enthusiasts :)
    Sturmlocke, GrunEQ, Pixistik and 3 others like this.
  4. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh my, yes! HeroForge does a fairly decent job for 25+ mm figs, but their models are all pretty much, well, their models, and while they do have cat people and mouse people and frog and lizard and moo-cow people (for folks also into WoW; I was once, and my first toon there was a Tauren I'm still fond of) and trolls, etc., trying to re-create a character from here using their models doesn't quite work.

Now, if DBG were willing to do something like that (and customizable! :D) with their models... ;->

Uwk
    Siren likes this.
  5. ironkitten New Member

First of all whoever said the game is broken has not played some of the playstation or xbox games that launch only partially finished and with more bugs than swiss cheese. However, I agree with a lot of other comments here. The idea is good, but the art looks cheap compared to what I have seen when we had to actually purchase things like the game on disc in a box and I still have the paper map of narrath, with the pewter figure of Firona Vie and you could get the animation cell of EQ2. Mind you this was very early years of the game but the art and the novelty items like the mug and the fan faire stuff was way better graphics. I do hope you guys read the responses and look at what your competitors are doing and at least up your game to make it worth our while to get this stuff. I think I still have my pewter keyring. and Firona vie's staff even had a little crystal on it. People would pay for that. There is a reason the mouse pad is winning more people than the other stuff. Anyway I wish you luck but I have what I wanted from way back when. If I want the hoodie or Tshirt I would find a better looking one.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Jrox Well-Known Member

This needs a triples up button!
    Pixistik and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  7. Shaie Active Member

Melime: "The Horde vs. Alliance thing goes much deeper in the game, however - all the way from the two sides don't share a common game chat; to not being able to in-game-email items to the other faction (not sure if that one is still a thing tbh, but it used to be); to the fact that there's faction-only mounts/armor/etc. (You can betray and collect mounts from the other side, for example, but you won't be able to equip/use them under your new faction.)"

Well, it definitely did at the beginning but players have been asking for an end to the faction war for a good many years now as it simply does not make sense. They're actually now moving towards the way factions have been in Everquest/II all these years LOL! We can now mail items back & forth between our characters on opposite factions, both sides can end up grouped in the Dungeon Finder (so of course they can communicate during that time) and both sides are actively working together in the new expansion. Also, WoW players can switch faction, but it's not betrayal. It's full-on cash only, and while you CAN switch & collect opposite-faction-only mounts, they do not actually increase your mount count for the achievement. The mount achievements are based upon mounts usable by ALL characters on an account & it's pretty rare to find an account with absolutely no characters of the opposite faction.

All that said, you are very correct in your advice to go check out Blizzard's online store. They have tons of stuff for all their games and I am actually happy to see this effort by the Everquest team, I do not know why but it makes me feel as if the games are pretty healthy, so I would like to see it succeed.

(Apologies, I highlighted the section of text from your post that I wanted to respond to, but had no way to just quote that part, so I made copy-pasta.)
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Actually, you can; just quote the whole thing and edit out the bits you're not responding to. :)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Yep! I would kill for the boots the mage has on here if we could get 'em in-game, though!
    [IMG]
    Breanna and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

I was super hyped for the swag shop, expecting to see items like I personally have picked up from SOE employees (it was a long time ago lol) at events like DragonCon. I had an awesome Desert of Flames box art T-shirt that my son eventually took, a nice Planetside logo shirt and also a Freerealms logo shirt. There was also a shirt with neat designs on it that was the SOE logo. As well as various other little swag like a little paladin squishy stress ball kind of thing. All of these were free things I got just attending panels with my kids.
    I also remember the days back when there were collectable coins in some of the expansion boxes, or pewter figures/keychains with epic weapons (Eq1 epic 2.0), and once I got a rather large Firiona Vie figure. Pretty cool stuff I would be happy to pay $$ for some version of these days. Those limited edition records for EQ sold pretty well too.

While I do not absolutely hate the new stuff, it's...a strange design choice, and less exciting than I'd hoped.

I've been playing around in Norrath for a very long time at this point (before the original Kunark in old EQ & since day 1 in EQ2). I really am a big fan. I snapped up a couple of those anniversary tees for both Eq & Eq2 a couple of years ago as soon as I found out about them quite happily. I liked the design, smaller logo on the front, big nice looking vinyl design on the back (slightly sparkly vinyl was a plus). These new ones, while I haven't seen them in person (obviously), they seriously look like the ones we used to get as kids for like 2 for like $3 down at Myrtle Beach in the tourist trap stores. The ones where you picked a design from their stack and a color of shirt and they heat pressed the thing on right there. I absolutely loved them at the time, but they were not super high quality.

Maybe these look better in person? Can we see some better pictures (and hopefully the store expands to have some better designs?)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Pixistik like this.
  11. DENSER Well-Known Member

Frankly it's trying desperately to make ends meet. support the franchise, no problem, but respect the minimum .
    A neat presentation, a little more sought-after goodies, with the seniority of the franchise and what is already happening among competitors... It's limited. We avoid copying and pasting on models who have never worn one of these garments.
    I don't understand how you can get this out saying it's going to work .

We must really be too dumb

If it's a question of money to invest, the mousepad is enough, the mugs why not. Forget the clothes, it's really badly done, pins posters badges stickers magnets for the fridge bookmarks plastic water bottles pens erasers pennants etc etc .
    Items that do not lead to asking questions, they are like that and that's it. No size, texture quality, bad surprise
    Pixistik likes this.
  12. Kenn Well-Known Member

I want a shirt with a cool in-game picture, not of the kid, that reads "Have you ever seen a knoll before?"
    Feara and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  13. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno; you could just have a large, interesting font with that written in it across the front, and all the EQniverse players would understand it at a glance. ;)

Uwk
    Breanna likes this.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Why not gather up all the cool old stuff (I, too, still have my li'l pewter armored bear figurine!) that still might be gathering dust in a warehouse, or work with whoever it was they contracted out with before to make some more, and sell us that in the shop? Why not sell the physical stuff they handed out for free at the Fan Faires if they're never going to have those again (even if they ever do have them again, it'll be different, new free swag, so why not?)? If they had some kind of official, in writing contract with the attendees that the company wouldn't just give that stuff away free to anyone but attendees, then by all means, SELL THAT STUFF TO US NOW.

How many people who went to the Fan Faires and still play the game would have all sorts of hissy fits if they "lost their exclusive rights" to something that was the game company's intellectual property in the first place, and therefore the company's to do with as they saw fit? :-/ Or would the old, fortunate players be jazzed that new and returning players could enjoy what they did, way back when, and it could help keep the company and their beloved game afloat? :)

Uwk
    Pixistik, Traesta and Breanna like this.
  15. Aerymar Member

You need a bumper sticker that reads "I Brake for Shinies" with pics of the yellowm blue, and red collectable icons.

Wife says that you should design a Beast'r Egg Garland to decorate for the holidays.
  16. Beee Well-Known Member

I would like to get a new T-Shirt like this (which is almost washed out after all the years) :)

[IMG]
  17. Beee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the cool keyboard/mouse pad and the fast (2 weeks) delivery to europe!

[IMG]
    (picture + link from the swag store)
  18. Feara Well-Known Member

Okay, stop all cool ideas until we get this one! I love it!
  19. DENSER Well-Known Member

oh, i have an idea.
    Since the game is very much about collecting, why not make them real?
    A small collection well presented in a small box, with a random item from the store as a reward?
    I ll love to have a bone or shard collection, with a surprise reward.
    Or why not make a wrist reward or neckalce for those shards collections as we can sée in game.
    Could bé fun
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Feara like this.
  20. Sturmlocke Linux enthusiast playing EQ2 via Proton.

Make a "stuffed animal" out of a shiny with a question mark on top and a few internal led's to make it light up like in the game, and watch ppl hide it in their garden only to follow the urge to pick it back up again randomly.

Gotta catch them all!

[IMG]