EverQuest II House Actors - Available Now!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Luperza, Jun 18, 2014.

1. suka Well-Known Member

i put several actors in my guild hall so i no longer have to give guided tours. the actors do it for me. and i plan to put in some more
  2. suka Well-Known Member

kind of off subject - but yeah i think they miss the mark by always making only stuff for level 95. some of us like the journey and once our toons are maxed, we turn to our alts. i would love to see content for lower levels. and no nothing has killed the game- it's all good and all gravy. if you don't like mercs, don't use them.

at the same time, back on topic, i love the new house actors. they have a ton of uses and can even be put in dungeonmaker. I am now considering adding them to my old dungeons instead of the "dead" npc you make from a spawner who does nothing but stand and look pretty. Would be nice to have someone there to talk to you about the dungeon and maybe others to tell you the story as you go through it. i can see a lot of uses.
  3. Ebofu Active Member

They need a timeout/cap on their greeting actions/messages. Spam central.
    suka likes this.
  4. DAig Member

Whether you like it or not, Baraak has a point, and its one of the reasons I am rarely playing this game these days.

The innovation and creativity in EQ2 is gone, one could possibly argue it started happening back in late 2008 when SOE shifted focus to Station Cash money making strategies.

We get more development time spent on fluff for the RMT store and housing than we do anything else. Game updates, and expansions are becoming less interesting with more focus on recycled content to cut down on developer workload.

I do not envisage the next expansion being any better to be honest.
  5. FriggaWitch Well-Known Member

I agree especially when the "NEW" Heritage Quests were introduced for the ToV xpac. Sure, during the Live Events SOE adds some new items or sometimes even a quest but that falls short of "Real" content. It would seem that quests could be developed for lower level areas for release with upcoming content expansions. The way it is now the next new quest in the lower level zones will be the "Open the Portal to EverQuest Next". I really enjoy Norrath in EQ2 and it seems worth SOE's while to update and add things to the already existing zones.
  6. Marie New Member

Can you make the name show and maybe even a chat bubble?