EverQuest II Community Summit -- Voice Your Concerns Here

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-Xalmat, Sep 8, 2005.

1. ARCHIVED-Kuvala Guest

Yup, guilty as charged. Apologies. I plead the Monday morning effect :smileymad:
  2. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

I greatly appreciate you putting your time in to this man.
    Makes me happy some good info has gone directly to the devs.:smileyvery-happy:
  3. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Here's the class specific notes.

Roots and Snares are a little bit overpowered. Don't be surprised if they get toned down in effectiveness. I can safely say that snare kiting is getting nerfed, so enjoy it while you can because it won't be in the game for much longer.

There was a question about the benefits to upgrading roots and stuns. Basically, upgrading roots and stuns decreases the resist rate of those spells (IE: An Adept I Stun or Root is more likely to land than an Apprentice IV, and much more likely to land than Apprentice I). This applies to all classes across the game.

Necromancer Revivication *should* improve the amount of HP and Power healed when cast per rank. If it is not, /bug it.

The 1-damage rule change for pets is not working how they want. Simply put, they put it in to stop AFK campers, and to that end it hasn't worked at all (because they changed their strategies, such as casting a low level nuke and/or casting a low level AoE nuke). They also acknowledge that it has harmed legitimate players.

Lockeye was unaware that pets aren't properly scaling (he was on vacation just prior to the Summit). He will be looking into pets to make sure they are properly scaling. As to the benefits of scaling, higher ranks do more damage than lower ranks.

We all know that, when any one swarm pet dies, the entire spell breaks. Lockeye actually wanted to fix it just prior to DoF release, but he ran out of time. It is definitely on his list of things to work on, though.

Pet heals are not going to get better than they are, nor are pets going to get mitigation. Simply put, it would make Summoners too powerful (We would be able to take out white-con ^^^ heroics through straight up pet tanking). Scout and Mage pets aren't receiving HP boosts for the same reason.

However, Lockeye does want to make Mage pets a bit less suicidal, as far as charging-next-to-mobs-to-cast-spells goes. I basically interpreted that as the pets will want to attack at range whenever possible and not want to beeline towards the mob, but if a mob beelines towards the pet the pet will not try to back off.

Conjuror Brand buffs are meant to be a defense type spell, while the Necro equivalents are meant to be an offense type spell. The same thing goes with Sorcerers and Enchanters.

HP-to-power conversion spells are where the dev team wants them to be. Don't expect them to get better.

The reason Necromancer stuns don't have a damage component is because they last significantly longer than Conjuror and Sorcerer stuns. Though I was under the impression they last the same amount of time. Besides that, he also says Necromancer stuns don't do damage because it helps to separate the classes a little bit, to make them a bit less cookie cutter.

Lockeye has no idea why Necromancers have their new DoT/snare line. It wasn't something he did.

Robe of the Invoker is definitely being nerfed as far as what classes can wear it. My guess? It will become Mage only in the very near future.

Pets and their taunts are about where the dev team wants them to be. Fighter pets are meant to be tanks for only soloers, duos, and trios, and are not meant to replace player tanks in any capacity. As Lockeye put it, using a Fighter as a tank is about the same as making a Scout a tank, both in terms of aggro generation and actual tanking ability.

Shrink spells will not happen, simply because it will cause too many problems.

Levitation is not happening.

Will there be more Entertainment spells for 50+? Possibly, but adding new Entertainment spells is a low priority. Don't hold your breath anytime soon.

Pet graphics are a legacy issue from the original EQ2 team and original EQ2 concepts. Much like the Entertainment spells, adding some new pet graphics (especially for Necromancer Zombie pets) is a low priority at this time.
  4. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Our stun certainly is not longer than the other mages equivelents... hopefully he'll double check that statement. Still curious about the deficiency in single target concentration buffs vs. all other mages.
  5. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

I wish I had time to bring it up, Chup :(
  6. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

No worries, I'm just glad some summoner went ;).

Edit: And I don't want to push my luck... necro's are right about where they should be (though it's tough to hear that amid the screams of "NERF!") and I'd rather be a bit cautious in my suggestions for "adjustment".
    Message Edited by El Chupacabras on 10-03-2005 05:42 PM
  7. ARCHIVED-Kuvala Guest

Thank you! Really appreciate the time and work you did.

I take it you didn't have a chance to mention the "summon corpse" ability that was originally in the description of our rez spell in beta, but was removed from the description before live (and presumably not implemented).
  8. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

Thanks =)

Scary about the snares....our snares are just barely effective...no chance of kiting =/ Our rez is exactly the same at master 1 as it is at app1. Our stuns are pitiful to say the least. Oh well...I guess that just means we have to educate the devs some more on the classes they created but don't play lol
  9. ARCHIVED-Ernyssyen Guest

i cant find any note about the pet models ;)

zombie zombie zombie zombie .... is this realy the way they see the necro ?
    if i ever find a master spell ill pay ever price just to dont did couse of boredom
  10. ARCHIVED-MrGrimm999 Guest

Snare kiting does not even apply to necros because we can't. The snare breaks instantly after a couple of hits. Lockeye said that our stuns are for longer than other mage classes that is why they don't do damage? Conj and necro stuns are exactly the same. 3 second cast time, 7 second duration. Theirs does damage and ours does not. In beta it was a 2 second cast time and a 8 second stun. I think someone changed the conj and necro stun at the same time and forgot to leave the necro one alone because ours does nothing else. I just wish either our stun had a 2 second cast time, or a 8 second duration. Also have they commented on our AE damage as well as our lifetapping ability, overall dps and lich form? I heard that some really bad nerfs were coming...
    Message Edited by MrGrimm999 on 10-06-2005 05:42 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-MrGrimm999 Guest

Also any chance of us getting a stifle? I think every mage class in the game has a stifle or interupt but us.
  12. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

Why are you asking me all these questions? The summit is over, I have no method of conveying these questions except by the same feedback method you guys have.
  13. ARCHIVED-MrGrimm999 Guest

No, I think you misunderstood me, I was wondering if you had any news or if you talked/heard at all about any of the things I mentioned.
  14. ARCHIVED-Xalmat Guest

If I didn't post it already, then I have no news.
  15. ARCHIVED-Romka Guest

O.M.G.
    O.M.F.G.

Ima put this quote into my signature.

SOE Dev, spells designer says "I have no idea where you got that spell from".
    Right. It was my grandmom that designed and put this spell line in game.

Ridiculous. It's a Sony. (c)
  16. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

I just hope they leave the root alone if no damage is done to the rooted mob.

I love using the new root as CC for adds. Fear, root....and go back to fighting target.

If they make it break a bit easier when damage is done, I am fine with that. I just hope they let it work the same when no damage is being done.
  17. ARCHIVED-Urbannaja Guest

I forsee a doubled/trippled recast timer AND easier break...but then again...I'm optimistic.........
  18. ARCHIVED-El Chupacabras Guest

Well, they should nerf us since necros are so uber we're tanking for groups instead of guardians and /afk killing group heroics!
    /sarcasm
    I've been weeping crocodile tears for the last couple weeks... if the roots take a hit (I expect a duration shortening with a recast increase) it's not gonna be all that big a deal, the roots are handy but nothing that would hurt any more than a slight alteration in playstyle.
  19. ARCHIVED-KBern Guest

Yeah what am I doing here when I can be solo groups of orange heroics and only using 10% power and never taking a hit WHILE doing my nails.
    /nod
    But I agree, root wont break or make my playstyle but the improved version is nice to have a root I can trust for CC purposes.
    I never use root while killing a mob, just to hold it off until I am ready to kill it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Eirgorn Guest

Edit - deleted post due to lack of relevency.
    I had just quoted some guy that is posting the same BS all over the combat and encounters forums. He was getting to me, but there was no need for me to bring his mindless drivel here.
    Sorry guys : )

Message Edited by Eirgorn on 10-05-2005 08:03 AM