Event titels on sale? (Yes, im pretty late for this)

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Kalderon, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Hi,

as i was bored i check up the loyalti vendor in freeport, nothing that catched my attention, till i further scroll down.

I am the only one that gets upset? (or maybe i´m just late) "Destroyer of Ordenach" and so on.... those where not that easy earned titels.... cheap on sale, for doing nothing? Serious? (Normaly i dont get upset about fluff beeing dumped out, but here, normaly you have to do something at a given time).

Kindly regards,
    Kalderon
    PS. Ignore it, if i´m just pretty late on this one.
  2. Kilar Active Member

There was another thread on this topic, though it seems to have died. There are several items on that merchant including the Titles that I was annoyed to see. I worked hard to get those that I have, especially the 'World Event' rewards and even though I don't have them all or missed a few because I couldn't log in at the end. Those I did get I was proud of. Seems that the majority don't mind them offered for sale though which takes away from the past achievements of long standing players and makes both the Titles and rewards trivial. It also makes me wonder what else they will put on the merchant in the future.
    Alenna likes this.
  3. Luhai Active Member

I wasn't very happy to see those titles for sale, either. I mean, those came from killing a contested raidmob during one of the bestest world events ever. ;)
    Spindle, Alenna and Kalderon like this.
  4. Mysstie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw those. It bugs me a bit. Makes them all more or less meaningless now. If you see someone with one of those titles now will your first assumption be that they earned it at the time or bought them with tokens?

Anyway, I'm not going to buy any of them that I didn't actually earn..

Suppose I should check with my newest alt just to make sure it's not even checking against the toon's created date for past event titles (probably doesn't).
    Alenna likes this.
  5. Kalderon Well-Known Member

Yes, that all my thoughts so, plus i don´t understand how hell cheap they are.... i hope there come more feedback tho, maybe (i doubt) they will remove those.... i mean, a world event, where you can buy later on the titel.... where is the sense of spending hours on doing it, when you get one part of the reward for cheap.... tho, i doubt the consumers which buy them know for what the title stand for... sad, simply sad to see....
    Spindle likes this.
  6. Aristotle New Member

Yes, they are streamlining the game.

Now you can skip all the low level content and buy a level 85 character, then pick up all those event titles that you skipped over.

Pretty soon they will let the game play itself, and you won't have to do a thing.

fabulous, ain't it?
    Sambril and Kalderon like this.
  7. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

The former thread was several pages long. I don't feel like looking it up and linking it.
  8. Deveryn Well-Known Member

You're definitely not alone in your disgust. Almost immediately, I sent in feedback and made a few comments on the forums. My big problem wasn't just the titles, but the fact that they never even mentioned World Event items. The expansion items that were released were nothing remotely interesting, mostly house pets.
    Sambril, Spindle and Alenna like this.
  9. Darkfoz Active Member

The concept is alright, i guess.. But it would make more sense just to allow the account, who have actually earned the title previously, to purchase the titles.
    Kalderon likes this.
  10. Kalderon Well-Known Member

That would be a solution. But i hardley think any official will bother in reading this.... sadly.
    Spindle likes this.
  11. Foretold Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of having titles on the loyalty merchant, and I won't be buying any. They should be removed from the merchant.
    Deveryn and Alenna like this.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

well I don't mind the rewards being ther so much as it helps with decorationg but the having the titles there does cheapon them since now you will not know who actually was at the event and got it for doing the event and who bought the title.
    Xillean and Spindle like this.
  13. Alenna Well-Known Member

Same here for the titles i'm not even goign to buy it for toons that werent' there or didn't do the events. but now when i look at my main toons Guild hall builder title I probably will since it was cheaponed so much
  14. DreadRoberts Active Member

I have to agree the titles should not be there. I didn't come by any of 'em honest, so I won't be spending currency on them. I do wish the talking statues would come back, because mine disappeared ages and ages ago. :(
    Spindle and Alenna like this.
  15. Alenna Well-Known Member

To SoE one question here
    Why should people put the effort into doing the limited time world events if the titles given for doing them will be put up for sale on the loyalty token merchant hmm?
  16. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Since we are rehashing this once again I'll once again add my input. The pocket portals are not on the vendor. Those are all I want from the druid and spire opening events...I don't want to be called defeater of Ulbrow...I just want the pocket portals.
    Alenna and Deveryn like this.
  17. Sambril Well-Known Member

Having the items for sale is one thing but the titles should not be on the vendor.
    Alenna likes this.
  18. Xillean Well-Known Member

Some of the events I was here for some I missed. I really do not have a problem with people getting the house items and what not, its fluff and I know decorators like it. The titles however really irk me, why would anyone even want a title they didn't earn? sure there are some that I would have loved to have but wasn't able to attend the events for so I rightly don't have them now. It cheapens the feeling I have for the titles I did earn just to see people buy them and wear them, and I really hope they will remove the titles from the loyalty vendor but I doubt it.
    Alenna likes this.
  19. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

I've got at least one title I didn't "earn"...Slayer of Ulbrow or whatever the heck the thing that was all messed up with the dov ring & spire opening. The event was so badly messed up it was hilarious....they forgot to turn off the accellerated timer from the test server so it went about 10 x faster than planned. Then when the boss spawned the server downright crashed. Pretty much everyone who had logged in during the event got the slayer title given to them.
  20. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I'll take those and the Desert of Ro paintings.

I think if they actually want people to spend money on gold level through this loyalty merchant, they should also get the expansion-related housing up there.