ET causing extreme lag

Discussion in 'Conjuror' started by ARCHIVED-cambria1414, Aug 7, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-cambria1414 Guest

I recently started playing my conjuror again after not having played with a summoner for over a year. I got him to 92 and geared him up, but I've been having problems using Elemental Toxicity on big encounters. With ET up I completely freeze up for the duration of the encounter and often crash to character select. I've tried going totally gumby graphics mode but it had no effect.
    Anyone else having problems like this, or have any suggestions?
  2. ARCHIVED-Luhai Guest

Same problem here, especially on those huge drake encounters in Sky4. I used to get kicked back to character select a lot .
    Disabling the damage numbers from other players, completely zooming the camera in and looking at the ground helped a bit. It's still pretty laggy, tho.
  3. ARCHIVED-Atombomb Guest

its an issue with so many lines of script having to be generated for each cast and on large encounters it becomes pretty bad especially when coupled with darkness.. Used to crash zones on 2nd named in Tallons and actually crashed me on the trash before general teku fight.. Definately sucks but not sure what they can do about it other than combining the damage types into 1 and then removing the threat component.
  4. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

The easiest way for them to fix this is nerf the spell into uselessness by making it not AE per hit, or even just making it single target. Might want to tred lightly before the SOE sledgehammer fixes something.