EQII Extended - Feedback and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Developer Roundtable' started by ARCHIVED-Kiara, Jul 27, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Kiara Guest

Hey all!
    As you have just read from Smokejumper, there's a new service being offered.
    The forums for this service are being set up now, but until then, please leave your constructive feedback, questions, comments, etc here.
    Thank you!
  2. ARCHIVED-Loladen Guest

Question.

Is there going to be a new server for this feature, or will it be active on all servers?
  3. ARCHIVED-Raknid Guest

I take it this will be on NEW servers?
  4. ARCHIVED-CraigH Guest

What does this mean? (Gold and Platinum membership)

Raises character skills/spells above the Adept tier of power to Expert
  5. ARCHIVED-msheaf Guest

Didn't he say just a month ago that EQ2 would never go F2P?
  6. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

There's a contradiction in SmokeJumper's post: he says you can play for free up to L90, but the membership matrix says you can only go to L80 since you don't get SF.
    The only other things I have to say about this... announcement... is that a) I'm glad they're going to be separate servers and b) please do not remove the ability to recruit-a-friend or otherwise trial on the real servers, since you've said theres no way from F2P to the regular servers.
  7. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Raknid wrote:
    Yes. If you read the FAQ, they're totally separate servers, thankfully.
  8. ARCHIVED-Iamken Guest

Finally! I'm happy with this announcement. Hopefully this will bring a lot more people into EQ2.
    I just think the new service could be named better.
  9. ARCHIVED-Jaremai Guest

I've read the FAQ. I don't like a lot of this. But as you said, I can ignore it. I can't ignore this though:
    For $200/yr you get 10 character slots.
    For my current $15/mo ($180/yr) I get 7. Can I pay $20 to get 3 more slots on my subscribed account or are you still going to "require" Station Access to go beyond 12?
  10. ARCHIVED-Malachani Guest

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Posted 6/25/10 on http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=481725

SmokeJumper wrote:
    Posted 7/14/10 on http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=481725
    How quickly we change our tune.......
  11. ARCHIVED-Hamervelder Guest

Ekum@Everfrost wrote:
    Yes. He did. Fool me once...
  12. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Barx@Antonia Bayle wrote:
    I'm happy that SOE can afford to spend the profits they've made off of us on NEW servers for a service no one wanted while we continue to play in a lagfest on old junky hardware.
    Rift and TOR can't come out soon enough.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lader Guest

our subscritpion model hasnt changed. another option is there for those who choose to take advantage of it. I personally abhor f2p, so i wont be, but since theyre on different servers i dont care much about what those who choose to use this do.
  14. ARCHIVED-Rick777 Guest

If they are indeed DIFFERENT servers then this is quite awesome. The pervasion of ultra-casual players into the game is what is bringing the game down for me (although I know from a business perspective it's a good thing and I don't blame SOE). Hopefully this will divert many of those players to the servers which cater to them. In the beginning the paid servers may take a hit, although I'll bet most of those ultra-casual players are pre-90, but I think it will solidify them in the long run with players who really want to group and raid, although a server merge would help things out quite a bit.
    It's kind of weird to be an old school player and learning to love to earn stuff, this whole P2P stuff is a bit weird to me. Yes I'm a full time worker with a family who only plays occasionally and I can still earn my raid stuff the old fashioned way, by killing mobs. I guess the P2P thing is here to stay, but please give us old timer dinosaurs a couple more years of earning stuff before you go completely WoW. Keep them separate servers.
  15. ARCHIVED-Hirofortis Guest

I like the idea to expose more people to the game. Some things I have not found yet, are can people transfer from one of those servers to our servers. Also, for all of us loyal customers, give us some more character slots. :) Maybe I will let me kids play on the f2p servers. lol.
  16. ARCHIVED-Zaldor Guest

Malachani wrote:
    Technically he can get away with it since "your world" (servers) are not really changing and neither is OUR subscription model.

Sure smells like Legends from EQ. That worked really well...
  17. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Malachani wrote:
    The magic of double talk. They're not changing our subscription model, they're adding a completely different one beside it.
    I'm generally behind SOE, but even this has got me pretty jaded.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

This will end badly for subscription players.
    We'll see less support, because we'll be generating less revenue.
    We'll see less content, because it won't be as profitable.
    We'll get things last.
    I know they'll come here and say this isn't true, but it IS true. Look at the items that get put on the SC store vs the items we get in game. What is better? Oh the stuff people pay more for.
    That is how this "service" will work.
  19. ARCHIVED-cashp Guest

Gaige wrote:
    Don't forget less players.
  20. ARCHIVED-Rothgar Guest

Gaige wrote:
    First off, the new service will be using hardware that the company already owns. The only NEW hardware that we purchased are for the two new server clusters that will replace Antonia Bayle and Nagafen. :)