Eq2 Players Guild Chat. aka Chat with your Guild!

Discussion in 'EQ2Players.com Website Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Pilni, Oct 1, 2008.

1. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

Another day, another try and... guess what!

Still not working.
  2. ARCHIVED-Teircen Guest

Still not getting response on characters back when using guild chat.
    (can't complete the connection, stops at retrieving character info on logging in)
    I've been using the Station Launcher - Friends chat program and the program itself is pretty nice. It certainly works more consistently than guild chat ever seemed to and, more to the point, it actually works. Unfortunately there's still that big gaping hole where I have to send tells to each person individually or ask someone to play middleman if I want to talk to the guild:
    Me: Hey <friend>, could you tell the guild <message> in guild chat?
    Friend: sure
    <brief pause>
    Me: What is everyone else saying?
    Friend: <guildy #1> is saying one thing
    Friend: <guildy #2> is saying another thing
    Friend: <guildy #3> is agreeing with <guildy #1>
    Friend: <guildy #9> wants to know about something else entirely
    Me: Thank you. Tell <guild #9> my answer.
    Friend: Ok.
    <pause>
    Me: Ok, could you pass along <message>?
    <repeat as needed>
    You can imagine how annoying that is. Thank goodness for tolerant guildmates.
    It wouldn't be so bad if Station Launcher - Friends had a guild chat option as well. I just want either that or having guild chat itself brought back.
  3. ARCHIVED-Teircen Guest

Still not working. I just wanted to check in to see if there was any updated info on this? Any devs who can actually do something about this issue around who can speak on it? Any rough ETA even on when or even if it might be fixed?
  4. ARCHIVED-DasUberFuzzy Guest

what bothers me most about this, is that this is a paid service. not some free feature part of a site or package.
    a "our team knows about this" is kinda of a blow off, i better hope they know about it. infact, as i pointed out, as a paid service, it should get a regular (i'm talking daily/every-2-days/maybe weekly) automated test to see if its down/working at all.
    when eq2 goes down, you have 100k people to yell, so you know fairly instantly, but not guild chat, it could have been down for weeks before someone /inside/ soe noticed, and as a buisness, thats just not acceptable practice.
    like it has been stated on these forums over and over, this has been a flaky service for months, why hasnt the "team known about it" for months then?
    if it was a working service, i'm pretty sure it would get used more, even at an extra charge.
  5. ARCHIVED-Dark_Grue Guest

Enola@Butcherblock wrote:
    It's not a minor issue. SoE has been collectiong anywhere from $0.99 to $3.00 from many individuals (impossible to estimate, but I'd guess thousands) for features that do not work. These features have not worked properly or consistently since the game was launched. They are aware that they do not work, and they have not made an effort to resolve the problem. It amounts to fraud, and that's not a minor issue.
    If they cannot fix the service, they have no business billing people for the service. It does not work.
    DasUberFuzzy wrote:
    If by "this has been a flaky service for months" you mean for 48 months, since the game launched, sure. The Web Guild chat function has has intermittant and unresolved problems ever since the game came out. I don't think people fully appreciate that this very thread has been duplicated many times over in this forum, with the same results.
    DasUberFuzzy wrote:
    You're right, it is a cop-out. Why is it that we only see "helpful" SoE support people in this forum here who don't handle this, but will pass the information along... The only status we ever get is "we looking into it"?
    Which begs the question, where are the people who do work on this, and what have they been doing for the past four years? There is no EQ2Players.com support. Period.
  6. ARCHIVED-Sidhel Guest

I cancelled the add ons. Not only has the guild chat not worked, my character still shows as being level 74. I haven't been 74 for months, so once again, it's not even updating stats reliably.
  7. ARCHIVED-Teircen Guest

Out of curiosity I checked yesterday and my item discoveries from the TSO live release are already listed. I expect that party is automated (and should be) and still working.
    I'm really hoping here that with TSO released maybe soon, after the post release crash and fix frenzy, someone will look into actually fixing the EQ2 Players site. For all I know though it's an entirely separate team. Anyone know?
    Sure, I'm hoping it gets fixed but I'm not holding my breath. I'm ready to cancel the add-on service... again. I keep coming back because it is useful (when it actually works) but I haven't seen anything about reimbursals for, what, a month of down time now? Longer for some apparently. I don't think I should have to pay for a service that isn't supported, doesn't work, and I definitely don't think I should be the one responsible for putting in for a reimbursal when it's not only broken but is known to be broken and is being looked at.
    If it were me, I'd be asking whoever was in charge how much their job meant to them. There are certainly ample numbers of qualified people who could manage the technical side of the service better. Look at any college supporting computer science courses and you're likely to find someone who'd jump at the opportunity for very little pay if not as a volunteer position just to say they were the ones doing it.
  8. ARCHIVED-Zemizia Guest

Some would say that it's no big deal, it's only a couple dollars a month, who cares?
    Well I say I do care. I cannot maintain contact with at least 50% of my guild, and other guild leaders, when I work during peak play times, and this service has been down for far too long. Sure it's only a couple bucks a month. But you compound that couple bucks a month with however many hundreds of players who subscribe to it and guess what, SOE is making a killing getting paid for intermittent, broken service.
    If you are offering services that people pay extra money for, there should be a team assigned to make damn sure those services are working. This includes making sure people are checking the /bugs and /petitions and /feedback, and checking the forums at least on a weekly basis.
    So basically you are getting paid all this extra money for services you refuse to provide. This is wrong. And just telling us "yes we're aware of the problem", is not sufficient enough customer service to account for getting paid for nothing. Nor is not communicating one bit with the EQ2 community where these issues stand, except for one poor guy from a whole different department having to answer for another department's incompetence.
    The bottom line is your paying customers are very dissatisfied, and you seem wholly unconcerned with the matter.
  9. ARCHIVED-carpe_caminus Guest

Honestly, of all the times I've tried to use the chat feature on the website... it's worked maybe once or twice. That's it. And even for those times I had to try to reconnect at least a dozen times before it finally connected and loaded up.

Why is this a feature we have to pay to use when it never works? I mean seriously... In all the years this thing has been around I've heard nothing but complaints about how it's broken, and have experienced the same.

I've tried cleaning my temp files, I've tried cleaning my cookies, and I've tried cleaning my cache, and I've tried all of those things in both IE and FF3 (though it was the same for previous versions of FF too). It doesn't make a difference. There's clearly something wrong and it'd be nice if it could actually get fixed at long last.

Hell I've even tried to use it on a Mac laptop with three different browsers, safari, IE and FF, and still it doesn't work. That's not just a browser issue.
  10. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

Zemi@Butcherblock wrote:
    QFE
    Add in to the mix the fact that the service has been having these issues for various members of the community for several years now and you might be able to understand our frustration.
  11. ARCHIVED-Trepan Guest

FYI, the external chat server is working for my purposes again... for the first time in two months. Whoever changed something, write down what it was you changed. Note: This is not the web based connection, this is a 3rd party jabber client that (now) connects just fine. Same configuration as when it used to work before.
    I hope the rest of you are having as good a luck as I am atm. Happy thanksgiving!!!
  12. ARCHIVED-Thunderthyze Guest

After half a dozen "202's" I actually logged into chat!!
    It's still a bit buggy as it appeared only literally guild chat seemed to be working..../tells seemed to get bounced back with more 202 error messages.
    Maybe it's just a question of server load, what with it being Thanksgiving and all?
  13. ARCHIVED-Teircen Guest

Took about 8 login attempts but it actually connected!!!
    I'm curious to hear if someone actually "fixed" something or if this is some random happenstance and no one knowingly made any chances. I'm rather hoping it's an intentional fix and one we can in some small way hope will reliably remain fixed.
    The Station Friends chat isn't bad but being able to reach my whole guild all at once is much more useful to me most of the time.
  14. ARCHIVED-GrefTek Guest

I am not sure but I think the issue might be related to the new flash player (10). A week ago I still had it working on this machine (after retrying the 202 a few times) but after an update to flash 10 I get a 303 proxy/LAN error.
    On the subject of it being low priority, I really think that is not even relevant. It's a feature that people have to pay for to use. So either it needs to get fixed or it should not be a paid feature.
  15. ARCHIVED-munch2006 Guest

Rothgar wrote:
    Ok so really, I was ALOMST impressed guild chat worked for like a week and now I am back to getting the proxy errors, if this feature is not handled by the "game team" then who does take care of it, it is not fair for us to be getting upset with people who have nothing to do with the issue so if you could point us in the direction of who we can contact to let them know how irritated we all are. As before it has nothing to with my firefox or my IE, it does however(or had) worked on Safari, also any way yall can clean up the forums alittle bit four years of forums is alot to search when trying to find things, I am guessing organization is not one of SOEs strongest suits?!?!?! I dont know about anyone else but I logged into my station players to check out some some things and I noticed that there are still toons on the Alts window that I have deleted, is it possible to get that updtaed maybe without screwing up the toons that are actually on the account?
  16. ARCHIVED-munch2006 Guest

DO TSRs WORK ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. ARCHIVED-munch2006 Guest

Well unfortunately your lack of replying to customer issues has only made me file a formal complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
  18. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanielH Guest

Greetings,
    Anyone who is still experiencing this issue should contact our support through phone, chat or e-mail. We will then collect your account information and contact the platform support team so they can try to correct the problem. I have included our contact information below.
    Chat and e-mail: http://www.station.com/kb
    Phone: 858-537-0898
  19. ARCHIVED-TheGeneral Guest

SO its broken again for everyone and you want us to individually contact support?
  20. ARCHIVED-TSR-DanT Guest

Not every feature is broken for every customer. Some customers experience different issues using different services.
    If you are currently having an issue you can contact us and we send it over to the Web team to get it fixed.