EQ2 client crash since 4/30 patch

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Shadstalker, May 2, 2013.

1. Shadstalker New Member

EQ2 client has been crashing since the patch. It will not load into the game rather crashes 5 seconds after I hit play.

Faulting application name: EverQuest2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x51818cb5
    Faulting module name: EverQuest2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x51818cb5
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0071690a
    Faulting process id: 0xa08
    Faulting application start time: 0x01ce47472405b780
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II\EverQuest2.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II\EverQuest2.exe
    Report Id: 670def2a-b33a-11e2-8945-001cc092c69b

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Updated my driver to NVidia most current WHOIS final, still had a crash. Just installed newest Beta version, still crashing.

I have 1 computer that runs EQ2 fine. And a 3rd computer that often can not patch (sorry can not connect eq2 window message), but after 3-4 launches of the patcher it will eventually connect. They all have slightly different config's but all ran perfectly until last week. Now only 1 is fine. No virus (ran all the Norton scans and auto-protected anyway). Thoughts?
  2. Drax Member

Sounds like the same issue that a number of others, including myself, have been troubled with since GU66 was patched a couple of days ago:

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/index.php?threads/game-crash.534745/

The customer service people have been helpful in trying to resolve the problem but still no fix unfortunately. It seems to me that something in the GU66 code has caused the problem because (just like everyone else) I had a perfectly stable, fully functional game right up to the point of installing GU66.
  3. Rakvor New Member

I have been having same issue on 2 separate computers. I have tried some of the suggested fixes with no luck.
  4. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Rakvor, please pm me your ticket reference number when you get a chance. I'd like to personally look it over to see if I can extract some data from it.
  5. Rakvor New Member

Figured it out. Followed advice from other threads and deleted ui folder and allowed launcher to reinstall it. Fixed the issue. Only add on UI was eq2maps.
  6. TSR-AlexS Well-Known Member

Cool thanks for the update, Rakvor. Please let us know if you have any more issues!