Epic 1.0

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Conifur, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Drusi_EQ2 Well-Known Member

They dropped the requirement for the TOT signature because it was gating people from being able play the expansion content entirely. However, you aren't going to be able to get the best loot from the KA signature if you don't complete TOT. Perhaps if they took away the epic 1.0 requirement in the future, then the consequence would be that your epic 2.0 would be a weaker version of whichever one you would have gotten had you completed the entire 1.0/2.0 questline in full. Something like that might be fair and be comparable with how they handled the TOT requirement, even though I wouldn't personally find it necessary do for an optional quest that doesn't bar players from most of the KA content like TOT did.
  2. rutro Well-Known Member

"In this game something only benefits me if its a faster way of achieving a set goal. If this detracts from a goal then its a detriment not a benefit".
    You think you might be a little self centered? Trust me, the world does not revolve around you.
  3. rutro Well-Known Member

That is because they do not like a challenge. Even if the challenge is rhetorical BS. IMO- this attitude has made this game worthless. The greatest times I have had since 09 was playing with some nubs that made it challenging TBHif doing math calculations and having a perfect group set up gets you excited. I imagine that you would be just fine with a one shot Naggy kill? Then what? Go sit in your GH and brag about nothing, and level another alt. To me- leveling alts is boring as hell. Same stuff over and over. No different than going back to do anything. I would rather go back and do something I haven't seen in 5 plus yrs than level alts through the same boring stuff with the same boring levels. I miss the days when it was enough of a pain to level that people actually found one toon to master and main. Then go on with their lives if they got bored. The lack of engaging overland content is a big concern IMO> >
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

You say that you want a world that is logical. No problem. Your assumption that, "What I said applies to anyone not just me" is false. What you said describes a linear progression game that is not this game and certainly isn't a game that I would want to play. In this game, sometimes you go one step back to go three steps forward. That's the real world too, but this is about the game. If you want a linear progression game, then don't do the Epic 1.0. That's the great thing about this game ... there really aren't a bunch of requirements. There are a LOT of nice to haves that you will miss out by not doing Epic 1.0, but that's about it.
    Drusi_EQ2 likes this.
  5. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

You are grossly mistaken - it is same like saying "eth runes are not required" - but they ARE! specially for scouts. Scout w/o set of his/her eth rune pretty much free rider even for simple group content. Same goes for Epic 2.0 - while it might not be required at the beginning of KA x-pack - all content (higher level heroic/raiding) will be built with mind of Epic 2.0 specially after that information that it will be BiS in next 2 years. But all in all we are talking right now about completely different aspect of the game - unnecessary time sinks. Folks before me already mention more then once - all tiers of game but top one are empty and for good reason. Game is old, not much influx of new player - game been played mostly by veterans and returning players who have zero interest in doing old content. If Daybreak want to players starting getting Epic 2.0 not earlier then certain time point - there are much better of doing so instead of forcing ppl do Epic 1.0. I am not even saying that for some classes faction grind on grey mobs not just tedious and boring but also problematic if more then 1 person need to do such faction grind (Beastlord good example - try grind otmir faction if more then 1 beastlord killing eels and crabs). Saying this - I see forcing players do Epic 1.0 before 2.0 as a piss poor solution for time sink
    Diveris likes this.
  6. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

Guys, you have your TLE server please leave everyone else with end-game content. About alts' if it would not be such a tedious task (leveling - gearing up - getting mythical buff - re-gearing up to the current end-game requirements) I'd have a lot more alts to be able play with groups. Lets face it - only few classes can more or less reliable solo heroic content of current x-pack hence most are need group and to be able group you need be able flip between classes
  7. brokenshieldd Active Member

Ok guys I did the ER quest along time ago. So is there any way I can go back and do my Epic? I try the other day on my Ranger and I could not get the Arrow head to drop to start my Ranger Epic any Idea what to do?
  8. Tohopka Active Member

If I remember correctly not a common drop. On my phone so hard for me to cut and paste.
    brokenshieldd likes this.
  9. brokenshieldd Active Member

Ok I will take another look and ty
  10. Tohopka Active Member

This just dawned on me due to having to mentor in chardok for gate keys. I'm wondering if you need to mentor to get the item drop. I did ranger epic when it was still new so I was at level at the time.
  11. Feldon Well-Known Member

Where are you getting this information from the epic will be "required" and that later content will be "designed with epic 2.0 in mind"? When you question someone's sources and then post questionable stuff...
  12. DoomDrake Well-Known Member

From developers? Its been said that Epic 2.0 will be mandatory for end-game raiding