Elite bard VC's. What's your biggest?

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Tackk, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Mayia Dirgylicious Member

Niltik's parse that I was referencing was titled Zebrun the torso which I take to be one mob/one fight, not the zone wide.

Thanks for the clarification Aenile. Surprised at how much variation in VC damage the debuffs can do.

Once the RO is recorded, is there anything else that will govern the amount VC hits for? ie, potency buffs, magic debuffs (as Aenile noted).

Thanks.
  2. Aenile Member

potency buffs don't change an already charged VC

magic or "all damage" or "all resists" debuffs will

If there is anything you suspect that might modify it it's pretty easy to dummy test. Charge any VC, half way through the duration click the thing you wonder if it influences an already charged VC watch damage stay the same or go up.

The formula for VC damage (before resist check) is QualifyingDamage * 6% So you can do simple tests of one CA and math it yourself to see if there's any change. You can also use this to see what damage does qualify for helping VC.
  3. Phujiak New Member

I know I have difficulty keeping up with the dirges in my guild...a lot of that is lack of ability...but I also think I am just missing something. Best VC for me is 17M ... Believe that was either on HH trash charge or Pools trash charge. And it was with a Rallos Dev thrown in. So I am going to post my linked, group charge casting order since everyone else seems reluctant to do so. Any constructive feedback would be great. Also, I have just recently switched back to 6 sec. I was using 4 sec because those are the only weaps at the moment that are a decent raid drop. Sad that progression weapon drops still barely surpass zlandicar wraps.

Pre RO
    Growing Criticals Charm
    COD
    Deadly Dance
    Requiem
    Dragon Claws
    Undercover Assault Charm
    Veil of Notes

RO
    Auto attack
    Reverb
    Daggerstorm
    TO
    Auto attack
    Painful Lam
    Perfect Shrill
    Auto attack
    Painful Lam
    Reverb
    TO
    Auto attack
    Tap Essence (if there were no hang ups)

I do believe I am usually a victim of button lag...therefore I gave up 4 sec weaps...have to be perfect to get 6 auto attacks in...6 sec have a little more room for error. I do try and find a good position before even buffing...very important to make sure you have a good field for AE attacks. I can post a parse of two when I get home to show I am not completely handicapped...I just need a little advice I think. Our dirges are usually 25-50% bigger on VCs than me...heck...sometimes I am at 10M and they are at 19+...
  4. Phujiak New Member

[IMG]
    So I am not a complete moron...but yeah...most of this is just me "falling" into a decent VC with decent gear...I really think I should easily be a few million closer to 20M...especially since I used a RD on this fight...this was with 4 sec weapons though...
  5. Niltik Member

Well at least one thing, you should definetly cast Dragon Claws last... It is only a 10 second duration, so it doesn't even last the full duration of your RO. If you cast it last you get 8/9 seconds of it. Since you cast UA Charm and then Veil of Notes, and then RO, you are only getting 6.5-7 seconds, maybe 8 if you're lucky.
  6. Aenile Member

a general rule for your buff rotation:

Highest Duration -> Lowest Duration

so that the most buffs are going during the record.
  7. Andreia Member

A couple weeks ago.
    Group : Warden - Lock - Wiz - Conj - Illy - Troub
    [IMG]
  8. Batheal New Member

Trying to get my VC up.. its 2 mil.. I raid dps like 6/7/8 mil and more like 6/7 mil. I am Batheal on Oasis. If you could look at my AA Line and see if im not specked right I would really appreciate it. Also maybe a casting order for VC would help.. Before I start I have all my debuffs and dots going then I prebuff myself then I unload just after I start.. So any help would be appreciated.
  9. Stix New Member

[IMG]

Zerker, Swash, Mystic, Warden, Coercer

Charged with RD (11 mil max hit, 8.5 mil median) on trash mobs
  10. Doomey Active Member

Got this one last night in Rum Cellar. monk warden ranger assassin mystic (dirge)
    [IMG]
    Laiina likes this.
  11. ZUES Well-Known Member

Salvo charm and growing criticals are huge for VCs. Highest I've seen was 31 mil and he was using the old salvo charm, not the new one.
  12. Stix New Member

Group make-up: Bruiser, Coercer, Defiler, Templar, Assassin
    Obviously, Brawlers make a difference in your VCs. Here is a failed attempt, but a good VC (charged on a set a mobs before this boss with RD 8 targets, 14 mil max, 11 mil avg):

[IMG]

Successful attempt (RD 8 targets, 14 mil max, 12 mil avg):

[IMG]
  13. Doomey Active Member

nice vcs
  14. Stix New Member

30 mil RD, 18 mil average

[IMG]
  15. Mankar Active Member

Wut....?

Very nice.
  16. ZUES Well-Known Member

Wow nice job! Was that with the new 480 potency nox charm?
  17. Stix New Member

Nah, just the new solo version cloak and the Ethereal bow.
  18. Stix New Member

Tested out the new Erollisi Marr deity a couple weeks ago and got some better results (it's a green AoE, so you need to pick a charge where there are target encounters):

[IMG]

Here was my charge info (this is without my Ethereal Bow triggering so the potential for a bigger VC is there, and I missed one of my big attacks during the charge).

[IMG]
  19. Mankar Active Member

I'm glad I play TLE for now. Stix VCs too strong.
  20. Doomey Active Member

bit late to the new deity thing but got this tonight, screwed up the charge, no cadence due to ninjaish pull. group for charging the RO was Fury, warlock, illy, conj. searing hit for 100mil. was tanking so hit rate is bad

[IMG]
    Jrel likes this.