Dungeon maker Completely broken. This is serious, not a rant.

Discussion in 'Dungeon Maker' started by ARCHIVED-DiasTheLion, Apr 20, 2012.

1. ARCHIVED-DiasTheLion Guest

It spawns you at the red exit portal now, when you die you goto the "start" of the dungeon regardless of where the green portal is.
    All the fighter buffs take 1000+ power, we run out of power after 1 or 2 attacks, what the heck?
    It's like you guys at SOE put 2 guys on the same project, that didn't even discuss it with eachother, and starting make changes to each others work.
    Edit:
    Ok DM is completely unplayable now.
    Once you enter combat, you can't leave combat until you die. Which means no health/power regen.
    There is also a massive amount of lag coming from something, that only releaves itself when everyone in the group is dead and the mobs reset.
    You seriously need to roll back the DM to pre GU63, Already DM wasn't that great and people only did it for the dungeon marks, but now you can't even do that.

Any fighter buff that takes half your power, and then ticks down power as you get attacked.. seriously? a fighter could cast their buff, get hit by 3-4 mobs and be completely drained of power without using a single attack.
    Reverse Sister Thog's changes, she was good before, now completely useless.
    Attack to generate power, then use that power to use buffs, what were you guys thinking? In theory it should work, but you set the power regen to 0 per tick, so you cant even open with an AOE or taunt. You should at least get a small power tick, even if it's 200.

I finally got my buddies together to do a dungeon mark run, and after 5 attemps, we still had no marks.

1 more thing, if you use /house, and leave, you should at least be rewarded the tokens you've earned thus far.
    Occasionally i'll see a dungeon that's nice and smooth, until the very last room, that's packed absolutely to the rim with mobs, so you can't leave and get your tokens. Which is bad if it's a 500 token run.
  2. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

I just ran a solo dungeon this afternoon, and had no problems at all. I wonder if it is only group dungeons that have a problem?
  3. ARCHIVED-DiasTheLion Guest

I tried the dungeon solo, see if anything would be different.
    It still puts you at the "start" of the dungeon after death, not where the designer zones you in.
    So if a designer uses only 1 or 2 specific rooms, it places you somewhere else.
    and giving other rooms are walled off, it would be completely impossible to finish.
  4. ARCHIVED-Mary the Prophetess Guest

Ahh I see what you mean. I didn't die, so I avoided that situation. But it certainly would be a game breaker
  5. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

In the past, I've gone through a lot of different player dungeons, and died a fair amount. Never saw this issue.
    HOWEVER, this evening I was running through my own recently published dungeon and got careless and ran ahead with little health. Ouch. Died. And I respawned in this black place where I could hear the dungeon sound effects, see the interface, but the scenery was solid black and I seemed unable to move. I've run the dungeon many times during development and never respawned like that or with any problem at all. I had been 2 mobs away from finishing the dungeon and all I could do was bring up /house and exit with no marks.
    Did something in the code change?
    Edit: Or maybe it was an anomoly with my system. I got a message about failing to find a particular file and maybe reinstalling would help. However, the next time I entered the dungeon everything seemed fine. I filed a bug report, but now I'm not so sure if it might not just be a one time weird event.
  6. ARCHIVED-dj_krztoff Guest

msgnomer wrote:
    I got the same "spawn in blackness" problem last week. I bugged it, and also petitioned. The GM I spoke with was able to reproduce the issue and he bugged it as well.
    They also confirmed to me that the dungeons use the same respawn point every time regardless of where the designer puts his start/end points. This is just one of MANY half-assednesses having to do with the Dungeon Maker.

Also, I just completed a full dungeon solo with no problems at all. In fact, it was one of my faster runs ever.
  7. ARCHIVED-arrkvin Guest

I had to delete my dungeon when I found it it started respawning dead players right in the middle of a group of monsters no one could survive in at full health. The areas in my rooms were setup to be like old fashion eq1 rooms where you waited and pulled 1 certain npc at a time to get no more than 3 of possible. It was good for dungeon marks and I liked doing it over and over till the Skyshrine update. I hadn't played it for a bit because of doing other quests related to harvesting and kept seeing people shouting in general chat they were stuck in a dm dungeon how do we get out?
    Then I went to get a few more dungeon marks and died several times popping right into a monster box. There are no hps or magic power points after death and it is a death loop. It says on the death bar to respawn at zone entrance but it puts you in room 3 in an upper corner. Excruciatingly determental to the dm player as well as you go from an all time high to a screaming and shouting low of maximum frustration at losing all those dungeon marks and exp from killing all that stuff after 40 + minutes. Horrible horrible theres no way to get that exp or any credit for the dungeon marks finished. There has to be a respawn at green zone in query on the res box or give us the ability to add 4 or 5 zone exits in the dungeon so when this occures theres a way to get credit for that time spent already.
  8. ARCHIVED-Crombie Guest

Noticed the same issue on my dungeons...

Zone in (at Green portal) ... die... respawns at original zone start
    This renders my dungeon completely unusable since I have the main entrence blocked off.

ALSO, for some reason one of my dungeons has a Blank picture? ... its been up for over 130 days at this point and in the hall of fame... but the picture is blank. I'm not sure what is going on there.
  9. ARCHIVED-troien Guest

I've had the same issue except that it hasn't only happened to me once, but it happens to me every time that i die and revive. same thing happens to most of my guild too. Did you do anything different to fix your issue? or did it just stop on its own?
  10. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

Since posting here, I haven't died in a player dungoen again until last night. And the same thing happened again...going to the black place. This also happened to be a dungeon I'd been through before, and died before in one place that simply has too many mobs no matter how you approach it. Before when avatar died, respawn was fine and this didn't happen.
    Something has definitely introduced a bug....was going to submit a report, but I'd already submitted one for another dungeon it happened in.
    New player dungeons have a hard enough time attracting players, this sure isn't going to improve matters!
    Hope the team is "on it" and we'll see a fix soon. I hope, I hope.
  11. ARCHIVED-troien Guest

I'm talking to SOE support right now and they have no knowledge of the issue apparently...
  12. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

troien wrote:
    Does this mean they didn't acknowledge there's a problem? I wonder where the bug reports we take the time to submit go......well, in fairness they may not have cycled through to reports on this yet if they have a huge backlog from the latest game update. Hopefully it's on the radar now.
    Update: I just had it happen to me in a dungeon again. I also got an in-game email from someone that it happened to.
    Too bad the title of this thread sounds more like a rant than an indication of the issue....the right people need to be made aware of this.
    All I can add is that I see it in multiple dungeons that were ok before and I have Win XP Pro and an nVidea graphics card. Oh, and the other thing I noticed is that when I give up and /house out of the dungeon, in the moments before I zone, the dungeon suddenly becomes visible and I am looking down on my character from a great height.
  13. ARCHIVED-DiasTheLion Guest

There i fixed the title.
    Still haven't played DM since this started happening. And i find it hilarious the devs aren't aware of this. Makes me wonder if they even test after making changes. Every little fix, must have extensive testing.
  14. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

I posted some details of the testing I did on this problem in another thread here:
    http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=517839
    So far I've found only Lair of Scale 4 takes players to the "black place". Some of the others take players to the default location of the dungeon entrance no matter where the designer placed the entrance.
  15. ARCHIVED-TJackal Guest

This has been going on for 2 weeks now, and I haven't seen a single post from SOE about it. I think it's kind of ridiculous to have a completely broken feature and not even address it. This game is going so far downhill - very disappointing.
  16. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

Aeryon@Everfrost wrote:
    To be fair, we can see they are busy fixing all sorts of issues since the game update. However, I to am surprised there hasn't been any mention anywhere that I could find about this.
    All it potentially takes is once for a player to get stuck and lose all their dungeon marks for them to lose interest. That, in turn, is discouraging for designers.
  17. ARCHIVED-Tekadeo Guest

I never was a fan of DM ever since it was announced. I don't like anything that keeps players from playing the actual game together. But I saw some of the things you can by with the marks and I figured I'd give it a shot.
    The setup was a 1-room zone with multiple mobs kinda stacked on top of one another. So I went with the drolvarg I had that said it had AoE's. I went up and attacked the first encounter, lost all power in like 3 attacks but still managed to beat the first set without power.
    Then I misjudged the aggro range of the next set, and with no power they quickly overcame me. Already frustrated over the power management, I revived and (like you said) wasn't put at the beginning, but in a corner, sorrounded by 4 sets of 8 mobs. I died 6 times before I managed to sprint to the door and click out (I wasn't aware there was a command to leave).
    Anyway, it was the worst experience I have had here I think. I was hoping something was broken because this is the antithesis of "fun."
  18. ARCHIVED-Cyliena Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    For that it's simply that the player's dungeon you ran was a terrible design. Try different dungeons--I've run into some horrible death trap ones as well, and try not to let them sour my overall impression. Also, running dungeons duo makes them a lot more fun IMO.

As to the big issue at hand.. I haven't had this happen yet (the death to blackness) since I've barely had time to run DM dungeons lately. Does anyone know who is in charge of DM? Someone with detailed information could try PM'ing them if bug reports are going ignored for weeks, as this bug does sound game-breaking. Just make sure you have full reproduction steps for it including dungeon layout and actual example dungeons... and also bug report that info too since QA probably checks for validity first before handing it off to devs to fix.
    I wasn't aware that respawn points are fixed in dungeons... always thought they were at the green portal. Grrr, going to have to redesign the current one I'm working on now.
  19. ARCHIVED-ReddyKY Guest

Pretty sure DM was Rothgar's baby, and he's gone bye-bye. Probably why we have seen no further stubstantial talk about advancing with player characters in dungeons.
  20. ARCHIVED-msgnomer Guest

Tekadeo wrote:
    Hope you give it another try when they fix these problems. Some players have tried to integrate their dungeons into the game through a story or scenario that could mesh with Norrath. It's true you play with an avatar, but I just think of it has having donned an illusion for my trip through the dungeon.