Dragon's Armory Update & ACT Plugin

Discussion in 'Fan Site News and Announcements' started by Dedith, Nov 26, 2014.

1. Dedith Well-Known Member

Update [2014-12-12]: Looks like the server issues cleared up. Game on!

So, first and foremost, Happy Thanksgiving! As my way of showing thanks, I've finished the updates to the Dragon's Armory website (http://www.dragonsarmory.com) and have officially released the Armory Tracker ACT Plugin (http://advancedcombattracker.com/includes/page-download.php?id=67)!

New Site Features:
    • Hybridauth authentication linkage (adds Microsoft Live, Twitch, and Steam authentication options)
    • Upgrade Search improvements (multiple stat criteria, cleaner interface, etc)
    • Drop location details (crowd-sourced, see below)
    • Cleaned up the character search options
    • Cleaned up the characters page
    • Added support to add other games
    Armory Tracker ACT Plugin
    • A fairly non-interactive ACT plugin to track item, npc, and zone information from loot drops.
    • Privacy, no character specific details are sent. We don't care who looted what, we just want to know which npc's dropped which items and which zones.
    • The resulting loot data is open. Both Dragon's Armory and EQ2U are using this data. If any other person or site owner would like to know how to access this data, just contact me for details.
    • This can also parse old logs!
    There is probably more I'm missing, but I've been coding straight for about 6 days.. so I may have missed some things. Try it out, let me know what you think!
    Enjoy, and Happy Thanksgiving!
    Faelen, Kittybock, Feldon and 14 others like this.
  2. Cleaner Active Member

CODoh's awesome work, i will say this just out of curiosity i went a checked it out. Filled out some of the Account information hit save it gave me a PHP cannot edit header" error every time.
  3. Dedith Well-Known Member

I'll look into that tonight, thanks for the note!

Edit: found the issue, fixed, thx!
  4. Dedith Well-Known Member

In case anyone cannot tell, the host for Dragon's Armory is having server issues. It's intermittently giving internal server errors and/or just not responding. I've aleady placed a ticket.
  5. Feldon Well-Known Member

Hopefully everyone downloads your plugin and contributes to this!
    Prissetta, Faelen and Mermut like this.
  6. Thalador Active Member

Dragons Armory is awesome Dedith. I no longer do anything needing act, or else I would be using the plugin.
    Dedith likes this.
  7. Dedith Well-Known Member

Prissetta, Faelen and Feldon like this.
  8. Ranga Active Member

I tried to log in and asked for a password reset twice and no emails were received. Is this an issue? Perhaps I need to register again?
  9. Dedith Well-Known Member

Taking this to PM's to resolve, but it's an issue with my host isp.. mail only works one way and I bet the reset option is using the other.
    Ranga likes this.
  10. Corv Member

Is it possible to search for the item rather than the zone first in the loot database? Loot tracking has been missing from eq2 for a long time. EQ2U has no loot table information as far as I know, and lootdb seems to update very slowly, even though I submit stuff all the time. Thank you for doing this.
  11. Dedith Well-Known Member

DA doesn't have a decent item lookup feature at this time, at least lookup by name or anything. Until then, if you look at a character and use the upgrade tab, it will allow you to search census for items with a fairly customizable option set (it presets filters for whatever slot/item is current selected.) Once a lookup is done on census, it does then lookup loot info for each and places a Loot tab in each item detail that has loot info. Both EQ2U and I are working on more features to make use of this data.
    Corv likes this.
  12. Caela Well-Known Member

That doesn't seem to be happening for me. I get a Loot tab for the current item, but not for the upgrade item.

[IMG]
  13. Dedith Well-Known Member

There is a Loot tab only when there is loot data for that item. So that means we haven't gathered data yet for the Cloak of Unspoken Evil.
  14. Eoria Member

Character search is broken or still under construction?

I only see server, guild, name, lvl.
    What happened to classes???
  15. Dedith Well-Known Member

It does show the class on character search. Can you PM or email me (feedback option on dragonsarmory.com) a screenshot of this? And which browser and version of browser are you using?
  16. Caela Well-Known Member

/facepalm

Thanks - I'm not all that smart sometimes.
  17. Dethdlr Active Member

We've been pulling this data in from Dedith's site for a while now at EQ2U. Feldon is putting the finishing touches on how the pages look so you don't gouge your eyes out when you see it (my versions, while functional, often resemble a ransom note). Hopefully we'll be launching this soon(tm). Once we do, you'll be able to see loot info on our item pages and slice it and dice it a few other ways as well.