DPS Mages vs Scouts After the May10th update

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Ziefren, May 10, 2022.

1. Ziefren Active Member

Wanted some clarity on where some of these changes came from?

On long fights in the most current end game content (EX: Haunting Presence Raid) t1 scouts and mages where already close (using a Wiz and Ranger comparison here as that's what we run).

The fact that the ranger in question is also 20-30k+ potency ahead of the wizard and it already being close or edged out in some cases is pretty mind boggling that they got all around damage increases.

I will admit that Mage performance in Den2 was definitely off however an added increase in everything outside of den2 as well just throws things off.

Will we see further adjustments?
  2. DENSER Well-Known Member

it's always like that for classes. as much as we have devs behind certain aspects of the game and it shows as much at the level of the balancing of classes there is no one, or else I'm wrong, I hope, but no exchange in these different tabs proves it.

It's up to us to try to make diagrams, to prove to them by a + b that this must be like this or like that, Hoping to be read and see a change happen, between 1 week and 6 months.

About that change, it's surprising, everyone on the same tune. It's a huge plus, it seems, I'm not complaining either. Bit still weird one.

I'm waiting for the rest of the update, we may be surprised;)
  3. Quintas@Splitpaw New Member

Mages spells dont need increased damage, whats needed is the ability to use AOE spells more often even at the cost of lower damage as a balance. The biggest Wizard spells have too many restrictions too them. either Long casting times or cant be used again for 2 minutes unless your lucky to proc a reset. Some even have distance restrictions for maximum effectiveness. Scouts have more AOE opportunities than Mages. Only acception is Pet classes who get high dps from their AOEing pets.
    Lysia likes this.
  4. Morphius Member

Summoner DPS has been absolutely horrible this entire xpac. It seems that this May 10th boost has made them more effective in competing against scout dps.
    Our particular guild has lost over 5 summoners due to the poor effectiveness they have been given this xpac.
    Scouts have enjoyed parse dominance for the last 5 years. It is ok to share that wealth with other T1 dps classes.
    There were several years where I, as a summoner dominated the parse, then it went to scouts the next several years.
    Everyone needs their fair share of fun and being able to compete successfully.
    Lysia likes this.
  5. Gross New Member

I don't mind adjustments to classes, but it has been a rollercoaster ride for summoners as of late, in this expac alone, your bad, you're ok, you're bad again, and now you are good, but I can't put too much hope that it is going to stay that way because if anything has been shown so far, it will likely change. Sadly, if they do nerf the crap out of summoners again many will likely take off. I am lower on the potency (725-ish) I still shouldn't be losing to healer, with similar or lower potency.
    Lysia likes this.
  6. DENSER Well-Known Member

yup, with the joke of the boilblood boost and nerf afterwards, I'm waiting for the next step. They have every interest in doing nothing if they don't want to be seen as incompetent in classes managing.
    in my opinion there is no one at this position compare to craft or raid for exemple. in which case the exchanges would be more extensive.
    Well more, it's just non existent
  7. badname912 Active Member

8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

To insert an image, you have to host the image on some website, then come here, click the little tree icon, and post the URL for your image into the box.
  9. Sowy Active Member

just wondering if you summoners are still using scout pet, or have swapped to the mage pet for the 8500 potency group buff?
  10. badname912 Active Member

Yeah i was testing which site worked as some do and some dont..... and sadly it wont let me delete lmao... these forums are archaic.