Downloading KA

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Kristabella, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

Is there someplace I can go to download the full client, not thru the launcher? I recently had the misfortune of having to reinstall windows with a fresh format. Needless to say, I have had to install EQ2 all over from scratch.

It started out with the streaming client, with the little running dinosaur, and while it does allow me to somewhat get into the game, it's not really suitable to play yet, because of the dl lag. So, I went and checked the full download box, and now it is dl'ing the game and installing it thru the launcher. Can't get into the game though. I have been downloading it for 2 days now, and there is still 11 gigs to go. I have checked out my computer to see why this is such a slow process and can't find any reason for the slow download.

I went and downloaded a 5 gig game from someplace else (not eq2) and got it all in less than 3 hours. So, is there someplace I can download the entire game, which I purchased, and then install it from my hard drive?
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

All I can say is that it taking so long to download is a bit bizarre. Even ages ago it only took like 2-3 hours to download the game. The last time I did a reinstall (a couple of months ago on my boy's new computer) it was done in less time than that. I don't know exactly how long, because I had to leave the house, but it was finished when I returned about 3 hours later.

If you bought the game (or expansions) through Steam, you could download it there I believe. Otherwise I don't think there is another place.

Is it hanging up on a specific file?
  3. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Could a firewall or anti-virus be preventing it from actually downloading? :oops: