Do I Have This Right? - Short Version of SF and DOV Raids.

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Kunaak, Jul 31, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Ahh is that how it happened? I knew that the gods were the ones responsible for keeping the discord forces back, but I didn't know about that exploit.
  2. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

yeah in Seeds of Destruction, the forces of Discord use the weakened fabric of time created by Druzzil's paradox to hit specific points in time. like the Iksar/dragon war in Kunark...the founding of Qeynos...things like that. the idea is if the dragons win that war, the Iksar won't be around in the future. no Qeynos, weakens the races unifying, not to mention the Erudites wouldn't exist, as they were from Qeynos(oceangreen) originally. I think they also try to stop the elves from migrating to Faydwer, and they try to destroy/stop Freeport from forming. basically any major historical event that would kill or cripple a player race if it went the other way in history gets assaulted to turn the tide against them.
    though that wasn't Mata Muram that time. Mata used a similar exploit, but he basically noticed the weakening in the fabric of reality...not Why it was weaker...and tried that..after we kick his tail, his patron deity in the Discord Pantheon, while p*ssed, takes a closer look and notes that the weakeness stemmed from the time paradox, and attacks that directly.
  3. ARCHIVED-Arianah Guest

Rainmare@Oasis wrote:
    Ah yeah, my bad, the dark god didn't have a name in the background story so it was easy to overlook and I had quit before that expansion came out lol. Thank you for the correction :)