Do Dirges use instruments?

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Shdoh, Nov 14, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Shdoh Guest

Has anyone made Dirge yet?

I'm new to the bard class, and was curious if we ever use instruments.
    Message Edited by Shdoh on 11-14-2004 01:58 AM
  2. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

When you play a song, your instrument automatically appears, thus negating the need to carry around a band in a backpack like we had to in EQLive. Just play your song, and the proper instrument will appear in your hand free of charge. (or that's how it's been for me so far)
  3. ARCHIVED-wildwood Guest

I hope they change this. I would like instruments to have some significance. Maybe even create an Instrument slot in our inventory....? or make them ranged so other classes dont whine about how we have an extra slot
  4. ARCHIVED-LincolnLogs Guest

I do like having a bow though, asking to have instruments take up the ranged slot would not be cool. In my opinion switching instruments (like in EQ1) for different songs was just a lot of unecessary clicking.
  5. ARCHIVED-Tsoe Guest

I've seen a lot of player crafted drums, flutes, etc on the broker and been wondering what they're for since there appears to be no need for them to be used by the bard classes...

Kind of like mining picks and the like, which don't appear to serve any harvesting related purpose.
  6. ARCHIVED-Jziad Guest

currently no use for the crafted instruments.

However they are made by woodworkers, and woodworkers can make totems that go in the activatable slot (only some seem to work).

So I wonder if thats where the instruments will end up, maybe with some charges *shrug* after all thats where poisons go, perhaps they intend that to be our cash drain instead of poisons, perhaps procing a debuff/buff, or working like the dot but effecting targets power. There are no stats i've seen attached to the crafted instruments, so would not have thought they are designed to go in range slot, but will see.
    Either way I hope we get some form of animation with them, the number of spells with instrument animations are too few imo.

Message Edited by Jziad on 01-08-2005 02:43 AM
    Message Edited by Jziad on 01-08-2005 02:44 AM
    Message Edited by Jziad on 01-08-2005 02:47 AM
    Message Edited by Jziad on 01-08-2005 02:47 AM
    Message Edited by Jziad on 01-08-2005 02:49 AM