disabled Experience reminder

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by JohnD212, May 19, 2015.

1. JohnD212 Member

Hi,

I just Disabled Combat experience so I could catch up on the quests without leveling too fast and now, after every kill, I get that big on screen reminder that my experience is disabled. Does anyone know if there is an option to turn that off? I've been looking around but can't locate it yet unless I'm just missing it.

It's annoying to be reminded over and over and over everytime I kill a mob that I'm not getting experience.
  2. Tetrol Well-Known Member

Advantage for all access members - you can simply allocate 100% of exp to aa, so you do not level, and get no such messages. Other than that for ftp sorry can't help you.
  3. JohnD212 Member

I can see how to move that window around but can't seem to see how to turn it off. You can practically turn off every other notification in the game. Just can't believe there isn't a check box to turn off experience (or lack of) notification.
  4. flameweaver Well-Known Member

I've not seen this pop up window so this is off the top of my head and I'm assuming this only happens of F2P accounts

As you can move it, try moving as much as it as possible of to one side of the screen, for example grab the top left hand side of the frame and move as far as possible off to right and bottom edges of the screen so that just the smallest possible left hand top corner of the frame is showing. At least that way it will be less of distraction.

As these popups are meant to encourage subscribing I'd suspect there is no way to disable them.
    Kittybock likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

Options>User Interface> Pop-ups> uncheck General Messages.

You have to hit the advanced button in the upper right hand corner of the options window to see all the popup options.

I know this works because I just tested it. Has nothing to do with F2P or subscriber. You can see the no xp message even if you are a subscriber (tested on a long term subscriber account).
    flameweaver likes this.
  6. JohnD212 Member

Thanks ... that did it. I did that for a while but missed getting any messages so switched it back on and just learned to get used to it (I did move it down from the middle of the screen which helped). Yes a little OCD but I hate the things that pop up ALL the time... :)
    Finora likes this.
  7. Bashem Well-Known Member

Sound like you dont mind popups. They just needed to be your wanted popups only.