Dirge weapons

Discussion in 'Dirge' started by ARCHIVED-Iruath, Dec 30, 2004.

1. ARCHIVED-Iruath Guest

I am looking to upgrade my weapons but i cannot decide wether to invest in dual or one handed weapons. I wouldn't mind some examples of what weapons are available and being used in both catagorys.

Thanks,
  2. ARCHIVED-dark_druid Guest

At 26 I'm using a cuirboilli leather whip & a steel rapier, both are +4 str/agi & between 12 - 16 health/power.
  3. ARCHIVED-Tekkor Guest

Im level 31 and I dual wield 100% of the time. I almost never solo very much so I havent really messed with the one-handed shield route. I typically use piercing weapons most of the time but I always keep a nice slashing weapon on me to switch out here and there to keep my slashing up. Never know if all the sudden you will find out that a slashing weapon is our ultimate weapon and if you used piercing all the time you will be making up for it forever.

One small weapon tip....(if you havent done it already) once you get access to Zek talk to a little gnome guy on the docks. He gives you a quest to kill a certain number of guys or something. The reward is a choice of 4 weapons and one of them is a pretty nice dagger.
  4. ARCHIVED-ITZBITZ Guest

I use dual steel stilleto's @ 24, they'll be good until probably 27-28 when I'll likely upgrade to Feysteel to keep the DPS rocking.

I also have a steel falchion that I use occasionally to (you guessed it) keep Slashing maxed incase the uber-item drops. :)
  5. ARCHIVED-Asolandri Guest

29 Dirge here. I was fortunate enough to forage a steel cluster and had it made into a pristine forged steel rapier 8 - 23/1.2 acl (at current level) and also a feysteel handaxe 8 - 23/1.3 acl. Very pleased with them. BTW the feysteel handaxes are pretty cheap on AB server, commonly as low as 90sp, which to me is unbelievably cheap. I like to keep a slash and a pierce so I always have more options. Too bad we can't use 1hb, I won a Wraith Bone Mace I would love to have used.
  6. ARCHIVED-Tinkersparky Guest

7. ARCHIVED-Cielago Guest

As a level 22 Dirge I currently use a Saï in duo with the Willow Wood Dagger ( Qeynos quest item ).The Saï looks like an asian weapon.
  8. ARCHIVED-Woobs Guest

Feysteel hand axe X 2 at lv 29.
    You get a huge 16agi and 8 str and very good damage.
  9. ARCHIVED-Klerikal Guest

I use the WIllow Wood blade and an Iron Stiletto. I don't remember the stats, and I didn't think too much of the damage I was doing. But the other day, a Guardian the same level as me said.

"You have crazy dps bro!! I can't keep up"

I parsed the file, and she was right... I was doing crazy DPS as a dual weld. To heck with a shield, it's the clerics job to keep me alive, I'll take the higher dps thank you.
  10. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

Just as I hit Zek, I did the quest right at the docks (as well as my groupmates) and got an Ebon Eye Short Sword and Dagger for a great combo.

Faysteel Hatches are a good upgrade choice in the low 30s, which is a typical drop from doing the access quests to Zek. I used them til around 34ish, then upgraded to a faysteel kris (1.2 delay) and a faysteel rapier (1.5) which are still conning yellow to me at 38.

Last night our guild went into Cauldron Hollow, a group of mobs came. I was switching off targets after I drained all their power ($$) and our secondary tank was on the triple arrow, 90% health and about the same for power. About the time the rest of the guild (3 full groups) took down the other 4 mobs (triple up arrows and I think there was a quad leader) I had the triple out of power and down to 65% health.

I did not time the actual combat, but I buffed right before the pull and most of my buffs were gone when the guild started to work on the last mob I was on. Everyone commented on how much damage that I did solo on that one. =)
    Message Edited by Laureous on 01-06-2005 09:01 AM
  11. ARCHIVED-Lornick Guest

Check out my character profile in sig for weapons. I've been duel weilding since I found 2 weapons at lvl 6 and never looked back. Btw, don't stress it too bad if you go a few levels with only 1 weapon type. I went from 22-30 using only pierce and it took no time at all to max out slashing once I got a decent weapon. The one weapon type I've REALLY slacked on is archery. Anyone in the 30+ range with it max archery skill, can you tell me if it's worth the trouble raising?
  12. ARCHIVED-Laureous Guest

Honestly, I hardly ever use it. One in a great while, I might double shoot some arrows, just for the jollies of seeing two arrows sticking out of mobs (two arrows in a goblin, makes my tank laugh....:shrug).

I cna see myself using it more later on after I capped out my skills, just so I have it rounded out. Even with my Sureshot Bow, I and a double shot, the most I have done was around 210 per arrow.
  13. ARCHIVED-prisoner17 Guest

I'm using 2 Willow Wood blade of Service right now. They are really nice stats and decent dmg, but they are uglier than sin. They look like machetes that have sat out in the shed for 10 too many years :( I'll be looking for upgrades shortly though, as soon as I can scrounge up some money. As far as bows, I am really trying my best to raise the skill up so I hit more often. When I actually hit, I can double for 60+ each, and thats a fair bit of dmg at my lvl, plus its kinda fun to back off the mob for a few seconds to get those 2 shots in, kinda mixes it up in a group instead of just standing behind the mob the whole time and mashing hotkeys.
  14. ARCHIVED-Tamorlyn Guest

Archery is worth the effort. Combine the singing shot attack with a normal shot and you get three arrows in quick succession. If you chose the root option as one of your training abilities, you can back off a little after you root and get another 3 shots in quickly. Its also easy to raise - once you outrun the mob you it often freezes and you can shoot arrows into it until you run out of arrows (unless the patch fixed that).
  15. ARCHIVED-ITZBITZ Guest

Since I've been tanking in groups lately, I picked up a nice shield and a one-hander. My DPS has likely gone down, but mostly I cast my nukes anyway, particularly since I can chain cast non-stop.

With a shield, I gain about 200 AC, which takes me from around 1200 to 1390 or so. When tanking group greens, I almost never get hit and if I do, it's a special attack that lands on me. Makes some tanks jealous it seems. Add to that the new Lanet's (used for pulling) and all the new DPS spells (including training) and a necro partner (with DPS pet and nukes) and we find ourselves just blowing through mobs in Nek.

I still dual wield in groups, as DPS is my only concern, but right now, Dirge is an OP class IMHO.
  16. ARCHIVED-Klerikal Guest

I just finished my Path of the Dirge quest in Qeynos. The weapon they offered (Orange Con Flail at level 19) is a slashing weapon. I'm using it now with a Forged Iron Stiletto (Piercing).
  17. ARCHIVED-Darkchida Guest

Getting close to doing my Dirge quest I've just hung up my 2 badland stilettos and using 2 willow wood blades of service, I expect to keep using these till i get the dirge weapon :) Can anyone give me the stats for the dirge weapon?

Cheers Choc
  18. ARCHIVED-Spellsinger00 Guest

My weapons have now started to turn blue/white to me, and I am wondering what is a good choice for weapons at lvl 30? Which I should be able to ding in no time at all, would be nice to have a pair of weapons ready and waiting for me then :D

So, can anyone recomend a good weapon or two at lvl 30?
  19. ARCHIVED-Klerikal Guest

Arrell's Flail of Mourning
    Skill Required : 95 - 120
    Slot : Primary, Secondary
    Damage : 2 - 7
    Delay : 1
    Wield Style : Dual Wield
    Weight : 1
    Modifers : Heath +7, Agility + 3, Power + 8, Strength +2
  20. ARCHIVED-Avocet Guest

I like to always use slashing in one hand and piercing in the other, so that I can keep both up to speed as I level.

I'm currently using

Kregnok's Axe
    145-175
    5-15 dmg
    1.2 delay
    AGI +4, STR +5, Health +18, Power +14

and

Feysteel Ornate Spear
    140-165
    7-21 dmg
    2.2 delay
    Agi +6, Str +6, Health +22, Power +22

I have, sitting in my bank, when I get enough skill to use them. I might not though. They trade off stat bonuses for a decrease in dmg. They're fast at least.

Feysteel Kukri
    160-185
    4-12 dmg
    1.2 delay
    Agi +6, Str +6, Health +23, Power +21

Feysteel Falchion
    140-170 (red to me for some reason)
    4-11 dmg
    1.2 delay
    Agi +7, Str +5, Health +21, Power +23