Dev Mistake

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Grainer, Jun 7, 2014.

1. Grainer Active Member

I have been playing since launch and just decided to start playing my 95 tank again, can anyone in the entire company give at least one small reason why those who play tanks were punished and given no 10 year vet reward that is useable? Was there any thought process that went into this at all?
  2. jn2002dk New Member

I guess they figured that in a 10 year old game most people plays more than one class?
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

They still should have added a healer option. Heck they did it for SOE Live and Expansion rewards. Why leave them off the 10 Vet awards?
  4. Feara Well-Known Member

Do you think it could be an over powered issue? A force to be reckoned with so to speak.

My 10 year vet merc is my most favorite thing in game right now and they are bad to the bone.

Maybe the equivalent hearler merc running with a tank would be just to awesome.

I do want one thou.
  5. Veinal Member

Between my 3 characters I have 9 flaming skulls, all vet rewards. That seems to be some kind of error too.
  6. Rainmare Well-Known Member

If you have seen the 10 year vet Tank do it's job...you'd understand. that thing is a monster. a healer equivilant would prolly let folks duo group zones.

but the other reason is not every vet reward is for everyone. like the 7 year vet reward was a house. people that didn't decorate or care about housing threw a fit then too. a lot of others like the 'orb of concetrated memories' at the time was useless to me...I was max level/AAed out.

you just have to go with the flow that not all vet rewards are good for everyone.
  7. Deago Well-Known Member

I imagine they might slide a nice 10 year equivalent or better (this is good sauce) on the loyalty exchange or conjure one or two up for the next expansion as a bonus.

10 year paladin merc heals fine for the most part post self regenerating boosts.

I would like to add I have no idea if it was intended but if you die and your tank merc is alive and still fighting it gets tagged with that off-battle regen and becomes an ultra merc.

Not sure if that was intended but...I died foolishly on the sisters in hate the other day and krivox just kept super regenerating and killed them all.

I was like...yeaaaah now that is what I pay my merc for ! hehe
  8. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Do you know whether that happens when one feigns death or just when someone actually dies?
    Deago likes this.
  9. Deago Well-Known Member

Not sure but I would hypothesize it to be similar. I am guessing the check for mega regeneration in pseudo:

If player is not in combat
    merc regeneration is on
    else
    merc regeneration is off

As a software engineer for the past decade I understand the complexity but ultimately it simplifies.

Now the question is...was this intended???? :p Quick fix to old raid zones...ahh just let them die and have merc do it all. :D
  10. Rotherian Well-Known Member

Maybe. It is also possible for them to base it off of threat*. If so, it might be something like this (in pseudo-pseudocode** :D ) :

if player.threat > 0
    { player.merc.regen = "false"; }
    else
    { player.merc.regen = "true"; }

If not, and if it isn't based off of what you suggest, then it could be practically anything.

* Of course, I'd have to do some tests to see if having the merc assist another makes my threat zero or greater than zero, and I would also have to test to see if the merc regen comes on when I have FD active***.
    ** I call it that because it isn't really pseudocode, but neither does it entirely adhere to the syntax of any single language (although it is rather close to C++).
    *** I'm not promising that I'll do the tests any time soon. Just that I'll probably get to them some time before the game sunsets (regardless whether that is in a year, five years, or even a couple of decades).
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

I can just see it now in the far off year 20XX. sony decides to sunset EQ2 and you happen to recall this and go oh fudge and work furiously fast to get it done, during bristlebane day.