Cute Kick from Discord

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Priority, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AvenElonis Well-Known Member

Two errors - this expansion - removing reforging (poor itemization makes this a bigger issue) and no info on Class Balance goals.

Existing issues not resolved - lag in PQs and Raids
    Jrox, Zynt, Arclite and 1 other person like this.
  2. Malahk Active Member

Yes, there's absolutely no reason for these ridiculous changes unless they're deliberately trying to bankrupt this game. What player in their right mind would be happy about any of this? It's simple: either you make us happy or we'll find someone else to make us happy.
    I played a Beastlord in BoL and also spent more money on this game then I have for all the other 16 plus years combined. Absolute lunacy here. Your profits are going to paint the picture quite clearly.
  3. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

Some of these comments in this thread have been ban-worthy in the past and continue to be ban-worthy.

With rude attitude and behavior, I am not surprised it is the same handful of people who keep coming back here complaining about Discord bans. I wouldn't be shocked if this thread is an extension of their habits.

Dreamweaver has been very nice and fair about appeals. To the point that these people are now making him look bad. At this point, some people sure sound like they need a permanent ban (both on Discord and the forums).
  4. Priority Well-Known Member

Got banned for what I said at the start of this thread. If that's too much for their fragile egos, maybe they should pay attention to the playerbase. Nobody that raids is happy with the state of raiding, lag, or class balance. You have very little voice in this conversation as you've said yourself that you're a casual, solo player.

Take that how you will. Again, I don't care.
    chattie, Jaeded, Wulfgyr and 2 others like this.
  5. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I lived in Norrath for seven years. I still have 126 EQ2 toons.
    Last July I'd finally had enough of not being able to log in/camp to another toon, shadow harvesting, no flying in new zones, and on and on, and moved to Eorzea (FFXIV). Not a weeb, however, the game is fun.
    There are things I miss from EQ2, such as tracking, big bags, the wardrobe, ability to hide mounts, wispy paths to the goal. Instead I have stuff like dyeable gear, glamours, new areas to explore, a party finder that actually works.
    Jrox, chattie, Siren and 9 others like this.
  6. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

If sensitivity was an issue, why are there hundreds of the players still on Discord?

There is a time and place for everything. I may be wrong but Discord seems to function as an extension of the developer's workflow. I have avoided Discord, Bug Forums, and Beta Forums for the very reason that interjecting my opinions would hinder their work and create unnecessary drama.

Some places need decorum. People need to stop the sarcasm and snarky remarks. Implementing a 3 strike rule (3 bans means permanent ban) can help to create clear and decisive boundaries now and in the future.
  7. Revanu Well-Known Member

So by your own admittance you state that you avoid discord so you have zero idea of the rhetoric or dialogue that occurs there. And here you are commenting on what occurs in a forum that you don’t participate in. Makes sense
    chattie, Xevran, Wulfgyr and 5 others like this.
  8. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

Fairly certain he said he doesn't care.
    chattie, Zynt and Breanna like this.
  9. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I read the Discord. I am aware of the dialogue. I've even been called out on it a dozen times. I do not comment because I am a opinionated - perhaps, polarizing - figure.

I am saying more people should be like me. If you have an opinion, it may not be best to share it on Discord because some devs may treat the place in a more technical way.
  10. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

He's still lurking on the forums.
  11. Revanu Well-Known Member

makes even more sense now
    Breanna likes this.
  12. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

I am glad you understand my point now.

Opinions (at least shared beyond what is reasonable) should be limited on technical forums. Over-voicing opinion in a technical forum - to the point of clutter - may be worthy of discipline.

Edit: I include opinions from all sides (apologists, critics, etc.). Opinions do not help to resolve game issues.
  13. Pixistik Don't like it? You're not alone!

I wouldn't mind it in the least if you didn't share your opinion here as well
    Wulfgyr, Dilon, Zynt and 3 others like this.
  14. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

These are not technical forums (e.g. Discord, Beta, Bug). Note, I'd probably be banned on Discord myself for voicing apologist clutter. Players have more leeway here (within reasonable behavior). I will be around.
  15. Clintsat Well-Known Member

The frustration level is high among raiders - whether it's folks trying to get in raids or the more seasoned raid teams. While many of us are excited to see two back-to-back patches addressing balance, the content of those patches and lack of context has been challenging for us. This plus the unbelievable lag experienced in raid zones for the US servers is driving people away from the game.

@Benito - The Discord server is not a developmental workflow tool, it is a community engagement tool. It was created by an EQ2 community member for the devs to improve customer-dev communications.
    Wulfgyr, CSP84, Xianthia and 4 others like this.
  16. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

The role of Discord may have shifted. The devs seem to view and treat the forum in a more technical way (i.e. direct feedback).

Look, if I went on Discord and constantly put in my 2 cents, everyone would agree with my definition of limiting opinions and working to fix the game. I'm sure I wouldn't receive special treatment (as an apologist) and I'd likely also receive a ban for my clutter.
  17. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

There are frequent lag complaints on EQ1 and Planetside 2 as well. (I play all 3 games). Another player has said LOTRO, DDO, and DCUO also experiences issues.

EQ1 raiders, much like EQ2 raiders, lay blame on individual game design and code. (Though, I do not discount calculation and visual lag).

My belief is that the lag and outage issues are more systemic. These complaints need to elevated to companywide management and not individual studios. It is time to hire an outside firm to diagnose and resolve the lag issues reported across all of Daybreak's titles.

(Though, we cannot rule out any intervening variable of record population loads and peaks due to real-life circumstances as I've personally experienced serverside lag and outages on Fortnite and CoD).
  18. Hartay Keeper of the Server Hamsters

Spend less time banning people, spend more time fixing the broken game.
    Xevran, Wulfgyr, Pixistik and 3 others like this.
  19. Clintsat Well-Known Member

It's hardware (either real of virtualized), plain and simple. They do not have the horsepower available to manage the game at peak capacity. Because it is expensive to get additional hardware (again, using the term loosely), they are trying to "efficiency" their way out of it. It just isn't going to happen.

BTW - I would love nothing more than for a Dev to explain why my thoughts here are incorrect. I'm just going with what appears to be the most straightforward and logical answer. I love playing this game (as do most of us that are on the forums) and just want to enjoy it.
    Almee and Wulfgyr like this.
  20. Benito Ancient EQ2 Player: Lavastorm Server 2004.

For your reference:

Darkpaw uses VMs on Level 3 based out of Las Vegas.

This discussion was permitted on EQ1 forums so I don't think I am not allowed to share here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.