crafting station defaults

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Grouse, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Grouse Active Member

Is there a way to change the filter defaults for a home crafting station? The home stations basically filter out all the standard recipes by default. You would think that an "advanced" station would recognize basic recipes, but I always end up turning filtering off so I can find the recipe that I want.

What is interesting is that every now and then, the default will change to "unfiltered" for a single character. Unfortunately, after a couple of days of bliss, it will revert to the "Elaborate" station and ignore everything.
    Morfydd likes this.
  2. Morfydd Active Member

Doesn't take much time, so I've never complained - but you are absolutely right!!! Unfiltered should be the default.
  3. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Unfiltered is my default on both elaborate and simple workstations of all kinds on all my many characters on every account. through no effort on my part. I do use Profit UI, so that may be the solution.
  4. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't think I am entirely clear what you are saying.

Unfiltered has always been what it defaults to for me whether I'm using a custom TS window or the default TS window when I open up my TS window.

When I click a crafting station I get everything that can be crafted on that station, with zero effort on my part.

Are you saying that when you use a station you want to be able to see ALL your recipes? Even if they can't be made on the table? Or are you saying that when you click on a table it isn't showing everything that can be made on that table? Or something else entirely?
    Mermut likes this.
  5. Morfydd Active Member

This. Somehow I ended up with a bunch of selections that started with words like:

Default: Elaborate Engraved Desk

Those come up when I click the table and have very few of my recipes on them. I have now deleted all those selections that included the word "Default" - so hopefully that will clear things up. Now when I click, I get the "unfiltered" selection.
  6. Ynnek Well-Known Member

If you open a crafting station, play with the filter, and save it without naming it (or something like that, I forget the exact sequence), it becomes the 'default' filter for that type of station. It's quite handy when done intentionally. And quite a pain when done unintentionally.