Changes to XP.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lare, Nov 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The use of DM should be taken by the Devs as an indicator that normal people can't do HKC etc with the gear they have. DM was more forgiving.

And Atan it may have been a gear driven game for you, but it has always been more RPG to me, and of course that is why I get more frustrated each expansion as the gear noose tightens down to being able to do anything without certain gear and certain group makeups, that all have certain AA setups. I would go take a differential equations refresher if I wanted a math hobby.

I think a lot of people want to "log on, get 5 'friends' and go do something (maybe anything)", and that is NOT the current state of the game IMO.

I am not one of those that treats this like I am in Olympic Training, so maybe I am not their 'real ' customer.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I certainly don't see being 98 at the end of the sig line when I get about 1% per quest, doesn't look to be over 300 quests, since ads said about 100 quests. I expect to be about 96 and need 4 levels of 'grindage'.
  3. Deveryn Well-Known Member

As it was said before, if you're not even close to 98, you did something wrong. I was closer to 99 when I was done because I went around doing as many collections as possible. I also took the time to add a solo mission to my quest journal when I was being sent to an instance. After today's patch, people should actually be further along.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Ratza Well-Known Member

Nerfing the amount of XP gained in groups of 5-6 players inside DM would have made more sense than killing DM for anyone over lv 96 by reducing xp to less than 10 per kill.
  5. Deveryn Well-Known Member

Nerfing the xp for a group of 5-6 does nothing because you still leave things open for groups of 2-4 and solo / molo.
  6. Ratza Well-Known Member

Those were the groups making the mass amounts of xp in DM....not the smaller groups.
    Kraeref likes this.
  7. Kraeref Well-Known Member

not without potions, you won't get to 99 doing a sig questline. So it is a revenue driven expansion. Forcing people to get potions, upgrade spells. I gave up and upgraded all new damage spells to masters. Spent $200. Now thinking to get GMs in the next month or two when i get paid.

Wouldn't hurt to get exp potions to claim with an expac but they were not included. Food for thoughts.
    Filly67 likes this.
  8. Kraeref Well-Known Member

It was 1200 xp per kill in 6 people group with 110% potion. B/c a full group had a group bonus. 2000 mobs and you get a full level per run.
    You didn't know, did you?
  9. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

1% per quest? Have you re-adjusted your XP slider? Because that's a metric poop tonne less XP than you should be getting per quest.
    I have unused XP pots (like a dozen or so) collecting dust from all of the /claims that are available. I very much doubt they are generating much $$ from potion purchases. Apparently they are generating revenue from spell upgrades, though... No idea why you'd spend $200 to auto-upgrade to Masters.
    Deveryn and Mizgamer62 like this.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Groups of 4 people with full vitality and xp potions were getting 5 levels in 2 to 3 hours. Took them longer than the 5-6 person groups, but 2 to 3 hours isn't bad either. I remember AB chat was full of power levelers putting together 4 man groups (the pl'er and 3 other persons). So Deveryn was correct, less than 5 to 6 could do really well.
    Deveryn likes this.
  11. Deveryn Well-Known Member

I didn't use a single potion. I only had vitality feeding me a bonus.

Hmm. Did I? The answer to that question lies in this thread.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  12. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

My experience in DM was 5 man groups got more XP per person than 6 man groups for some reason. 5 person groups got 1200 per kill, but if we added a 6th xp per mob went down for some reason.
  13. Kraeref Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting. I was getting 1200xp per kill in 6 man group. Did you guys bring a merc in by any chance. If yes he would ve eaten a portion of xp.
  14. Sorwen Member

The whole thing is opinion so no one can be wrong. Some people get their progression from gear and some from leveling/AA. How fast/slow that process is also determines that worth to people. The argument seems to come from those that don't care about part of the process and those that think that people should be forced to care. The problem is you can't force people to care all you can do is force people away. And despite what some think that isn't a good thing. While a game might not be for everyone people that have been having fun with the game shouldn't be forced away.

If you don't get your accomplishment from leveling then it isn't going to be important to you how fast/slow you gain those levels and if you get your accomplishment from gear then how fast/slow you get new/better gear is what matters. That should be the point of playing your way. Too many seem to think it should be "Play My Way" and that how they play is how people should be forced to play, but that defeats the purpose.

It seems somewhere along the Dev chain someone forgot that too.
    Filly67 likes this.
  15. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

Not all the xpacs have been the same. Most of them have been easily powered through. Not everyone feels like seeing the content with 20 other alts. That is ridiculous to do. Raiders don't feel like having to side track for all their toons just because they decided to make the game a ridiculous grinding experience. The guy above you is right, this is a market trick. It is only about buying those pots to level. They will make way more money off this xpac than they have any other one because everything is pay to play.
  16. Vainamoinen Well-Known Member

Having 20 alts is a choice a player makes. SOE cannot nor should not consider a player with 20 alts when designing anything in the game.
    If you have 20 alts, level them or don't. It's your choice and has been from the minute you decided to have 20 alts.

This is also not a game that should be designed solely around what raiders want or do not want. Just as it should not be designed based on any single play style. Having a quest line that is neither long, nor horribly stingy on XP should not be a problem for anyone at this point in the game.

Like I said, I have at least a dozen XP pots collecting dust; none of which I paid for. They were all /claimed. If they are making any money, it's off of the new race, researching and all of the baubles available for housing and appearance through the marketplace.
    Shmogre and Deveryn like this.
  17. Atan Well-Known Member

You got the same xp 5 or 6 man, however the mobs had more hp in 6 man, so it was more efficient (faster) to do 5 man runs.

Actually, it still is this way for those <95 who want to level.
  18. Twinbladed Well-Known Member

They have not done this before. You can't say this is not a market idea. If you look at ftp, strange how xp doesn't get nerfed until the ftp release comes out. Everyone before that had plenty of time to hit 100. So they did, with no xp problems at all. Come time to release for ftp toon who sit on a 50/50 slider they nerf it right before the xpac comes out for them. They used the excuse we want you to see the content. How is that the goal when you didn't push for it in the first place only when it shows it can make you more money? As far as choices, soe knows people are going to want the most out of the game, it is a unspoken rule since day 1. So raiding is taken way more serious than any other thing in this game besides crafting. This is why raid zones get hot fixes before anything else. So they do keep that in mind as a priority. So saying it is just a player choice is not what is actually going on at all. Otherwise why else play the game? It is also a two way street, some people like questing some people like grinding. Soe knows that too. So why is it only the grinding gets the bat? Questing is a choice, how you play this game in every aspect is a choice. So I don't see this as a because you chose to do it this way issue. They ruined DM's, contested content after 95 is ruined, crafting after 95 is ruined. Nobody except a select few people wanted nor asked for this, or even think it is a good idea. You talk to any of the guilds in progression you think they want to sit around and Level slowly? No they have a higher agenda. Most player who don't even raid do not want to level slow. A lot of players see the content and are done with it. It is not like anything changes overtime. So when it is all said and done, why is the real reason they did that, and why is it they waited till after everyone who pays gets up on levels they do it? If that doesn't look like an excuse to drain the pockets out of people and create a pay to win system then I don't know what does. It just like grandmasters, you can pay to have those also. So it is not the idea of how the playerbase feels, it is how does sony make more money,
  19. Elinea Well-Known Member

This whole thing boils down to variety and choices. Not everyone wants to level fast, but there is no right or wrong way to play this game. SOE shouldn't be forcing everyone down the same path. If people want to hurry up and get to raiding, and they can do so without interfering with the enjoyment of others by letting them level up in an instance rather than mowing down the quest and overland mobs that other players are hunting, where is the harm in that?

The toons I raid with are already 100, so for me, this nerf is like clamping down on people choices. Some pay a subscription to play this game and some don't, but as long as they follow the EULA, they should be able to play in the manner that is fun for each individual person. Don't turn us all into cookie cutter people.
    Naramsin likes this.
  20. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's funny you should mention the EULA because one of the key phrases in there is "content subject to change".

Again, when people talk about variety and DM, I roll my eyes because there is no such thing as variety in the DM content people were running to fast track to cap.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.