change character class ?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Geroblue, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Soara2 Well-Known Member

If it was possible, I would have all shadow knights. Lol
    Breanna likes this.
  2. jeremiya-AB New Member

nobody mentioned this yet (i'm kinda surprised) but the betrayal quests are unique to EQ2 and IMHO it's kind of fun to go through them at least once. You can't go Imp to Rep in SWTOR or horde to alliance in (that game) but in eq2 you can.

In the early days the quests were absolutely bananas time sinks (kill 500 gnolls was PART of the quest) but even today they're difficult enough to feel accomplished. Plus you get to run around with your Troll Paladin! Captain Trollmerica!
    Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  3. Cusashorn Well-Known Member

I actually forgot about that part. I remember that you could ONLY do it between levels 13-17; you had to carry all your belongings with you (banks were NOT interconnected); there was no fast travel and the overworld zones were swarming with heroic mobs; if you didn't relinquish your house, you had to sneak back in to manually do it, and the guards were programmed to boot you out of the city instead of kill you); and you could only do the quest once. You got to see Queen Antonia directly order your exile and Lucan D'Lere order your "execution" though.
    jeremiya-AB, Soara2 and Breanna like this.
  4. Svenone Well-Known Member

And back then even the grey-con guards had the power to kick you out of the city, and when they spotted you they moved FAST, like warp speed fast!
    Soara2 likes this.