Chamber of Stasis question

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Morfydd, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Morfydd Active Member

I've just noticed a glowing yellow book during the Elementox & Arcanox fight in Advanced Solo. I get a "hand" on my cursor when I mouse over it during the fight. I click it, but nothing seems to happen, except possibly the red text "You've held onto the ancient knowledge for too long." Anybody know what this is?
  2. Aeriel Active Member

I have wondered about this as well. Being the inquisitive sort who cannot resist clicking on anything glowing resulted in a quick death. I got the red message and something about failing to transfer the power to a crystal (? - not sure about the words as it all happened so quickly....)
  3. Estred Well-Known Member

Click on the pillar behind Arcanox/Elementox to remove the effect. I believe it boosts your damage but if you don't dispel it in 30 seconds you die.
  4. Azian Well-Known Member

That's good to know. I clicked on the book the very first time I was in the zone and had the same problem Aerial had so have always left it alone since then.

Somewhat unrelated, anyone notice any difference in the Chamber Warden fight recently? I've done the AS zone on multiple characters many times with overall, little difficulty. I'm not saying I had never died in the fight but I'd never had any truly major problems killing him. Last night he was smoking me in literally a matter of a few seconds. If my merc could rez me I'd get up and die again within just a short period. I've never had this before. I was on my swash which is the squishiest of my three high level characters so I'll see how it goes with my warden and SK. My gear is better than last time I tried it and my HPs are up by 50-70k over what they used to be when I last completed it with relative ease.

For what it's worth, I was taking magic damage from an ability called "Rend." I don't recall seeing anything curable on me but it was hitting me for over 40k per second and since you start the fight at ~50% health after clicking the energy thing I ended up dead pretty fast each time. Stamper couldn't do the job. Eventually a guildmate helped on his fury and power healed through the encounter with me. Thoughts, suggestions, or comments? (Yeah, yeah, I need to suck less.)
  5. Morfydd Active Member

Azian, were you by any chance standing a little closer to his spawn point than normal? I think you get hit by some sort of beam there - I find if I back up a little bit after making my sacrifice that this isn't a problem. Of course, I'm a healer and I might just be power healing through the damage and not really noticing it...
  6. Estred Well-Known Member

If I remember that fight correctly since It's been ages since I had any issue with it (basically after my 1st two times clearing I had it down on my Guard). Rend is what happens if you hit him. He reflects Magic Damage and has a Retributive shield on him for Physical Damage. That or as Mofry said, you may be getting hit by the beam.
  7. Azian Well-Known Member

Thank you both for your thoughts. I also wondered if I'd been too close so definitely moved further back on later pulls. Estred, I'm guessing you are correct. Odd I'd never really had problems like this before.
  8. Nixer Active Member

I've experienced the same problem with the Chamber Warden in Chamber of Stasis and have found that the Rend damage is coming from the Chamber Warden. It hits for about 45k against my paladin who has a 10.8k mitigation. During my 2nd fight he ceased fighting a moment so I moved into the room with the Icon of Pestilence and began fighting it - hoping to weaken the Chamber Guardian :rolleyes:. And I was not near the center and was not taking rend damage until he entered the room forced me to target change targets from the Icon to him :(. The Advanced Combat Tracker (ACT) parse showed nearly constant 42-48k Rend hits - when the Chamber Warden was engaged and no rend damage for the nearly 10 second gap when he was not engaged :oops:. It may have been stunned by a shield bash or kick - I will have to check that out :cool:. Although I am more interested in finding how to minimize the Rand damage itself so I can continue with the questline :).
  9. Kraeref Well-Known Member

There was another interesting thing that happened to my healer fighting the Chamber Warden. I use a new ToV merc with my fury. We all know the script. Kill icons in each room keeping Warden immobile as much as possible. Then kill Warden. That what I do with my two chanters.

But in yesterday fight I managed to kill it with all icons up. The merc is uber! He kept fighting warden while I went for the first icon but noticed my merc were losing health.I ran back and just decided to heal and cure. Brought an icon with me as well :)
    The long story short my merc killed the warden with dps 200k or about and my fury 50k hps.
    After warden died I turned back to a first icon.

Didn't think that we could bypass the script.
  10. Azian Well-Known Member

He gets caught in the beams periodically by the pillar. (So can we so it's worth taking care when running through the room.) That's part of the script to allow us some time to get working on the icons in the rooms. If necessary, I'm pretty sure once the warden comes to the room and forces you to target him you can run out and try to get him stuck again so you can go back to working on the icon.

I'm going to play around with rend and see what happens. The other night I was generally opening immediately with an attack (that debuffs his offensive abilities) as soon as I was able to move. I'm wondering if I was actually attacking too quickly. I can't recall how I've done that in the past.
  11. Morfydd Active Member

I have never bothered with the icons since my first time through this. I just DPS along with the merc and keep the merc healed.
  12. Azian Well-Known Member

In truth, I think that's part of my issue. On my warden and SK I did the same thing and just powered through it ignoring the script. I can't recall how I handled it on the swash before but I don't really remember doing things much differently.