Challenge Duo Zones

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kander, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Obfuscation.
    Quabi likes this.
  2. Daray Well-Known Member

You have enough time to cycle deagros (AB, CB, AB), while moving back if needed. I've never had 3 resists in a row ... yet. Can also spec for Chains if you really want, which doesn't get resisted (but I haven't had the need).

And I typically only use 1 or 2 charges of the bucket at the start of the fight while completing weapons.
    Davito and Quabi like this.
  3. Chronus Active Member

Trying to take a troub through Furnace while on my bruiser, the troub is having as much of an issue with the resists on the adds as I did on my warlock, I have to feign death every wave so he can get multiple casts and autos in to make sure he grabs them.

Maybe triple the hp of them and lower the resists? At least then it'd be possible to deal with them every time no matter the class.
  4. Clevemo Active Member

I watched the video again ... unfortunately Maergoth since you're tanking the encounter 95% of the time I can't exactly see what Debuffrat is doing to the blacksmith to make him a "Brutish Weapon." I'll work on the encounter again tonight.
  5. Clevemo Active Member

The spell resists really hate you in this encounter especially when on add duty, the troub has better luck AoE auto-attacking the adds to get aggro then rely on one of his/her AEs.
  6. Chronus Active Member

He had 100% AE auto too, lots of parries too.
  7. Clevemo Active Member

So yea I just went in there again and I see what was missed. It wasn't obvious from Maergoth's video because it is from his point of view and not his partner. Anyways thanks for the assistance.
  8. Maergoth Well-Known Member

I wasn't going to make it obvious, sir.
  9. Clevemo Active Member

You got some luck with those stacks dropping, on my best pull down to with the Mastersmith down to 25%, I had to swap with my partner twice or so.
  10. Karagon Active Member

Developers, can you make resourses dropping from these zones needed for the rings tradable? Or the rings tradeble/craftable to other people? so there would be a point to go there more than 3 times for most of people?

If not - at least add something else to the chests that drop - for example some ethereal/mythical items with 15% or so drop chance would be cool. Armor/jewellery peices with stats like PoW or so has would be also cool. Or anything else that can be sold at least.
    50+ plat drop from the chest would be cool also.

Really for those who can clear these instances - red runes are not needed - they already have all they need (unless u'd make new ones dropping there - better than raid one's). And temporal adorns with such low drop chance isn't good reward too, there is really no point to go there after you got the ring... And a month later - i bet no one would go there... it would be really bad(((( as soon as these instances are really cool and we all liked them :)
    Maybe someone would farm rings for their alts - but that also wouldn't last long.

Also imho would be cool idea to make PoW mythical cloaks craftable from these resourses for the cost of 10 of each one's. Or something else...
    Chronus and Quabi like this.
  11. Clevemo Active Member

OK, Furnace of Ages cleared ... got the discos.
  12. Chronus Active Member

Though I agree with most of your post, as a warlock I must disagree on principle to this. I'm sure the druids, conjys, predators and inquisitors will too.
  13. Maergoth Well-Known Member

14. Supemal New Member

temporal adorns should drop 50 or so in one chest
  15. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Also worth mention, there are some things we could have done better in retrospect in those videos. I'll leave you to figure them out though :p
  16. Buffrat Well-Known Member

I recorded some a few days ago but apparently they didn't save to my twitch. :|
  17. Ucala Well-Known Member

it might be a nice idea, but I like taking the myth cloak disco from every server :p
  18. Neiloch Well-Known Member

Did you run them each 3-4 times while playing a mage with bad resists and think it was still 'fun?' Did you go out and 'earn' atypical adornments, second sets of gear, adornment combinations and plat to reforge or did you just conjure it up? I got my helm and disco'd the scout ring on my server, this isn't sour grapes.

There is a HUGE difference between 'technically possible' and 'reasonably practical.'

One of the major differences is something hovering around 'technically possible' isn't fun, especially when key factors include luck/EQ2's horrendous, unregulated random mechanics. Sure its possible for weak pairs to finish them, but is it fun? Sure there are adornments that would help, but do people bother to use them for anything else, raid content specifically since raiders is what these were aimed at so they might actually have them on hand? Sure some optimum duos can steamroll them, almost trivialize them, but does everyone have access to that?
    Jrel and slippery like this.
  19. Ucala Well-Known Member

have you done them on double mage yet???
  20. Maergoth Well-Known Member

Why would you do them with double mage? lol.