Celestial motes

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by GrouchyMouse, Jul 23, 2013.

1. GrouchyMouse Active Member

Ok...where?

Instances? Raiding? This question was asked in beta testing but no one answered. So...again...asking. Anyone know?

Thank you in advance!
  2. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

On Valor 1-9 chat the question was asked... it was suggested from the new Avatar Arena...

But still none seen... and after only half a day... ok =)

I'm curious too, where to get these.
  3. GrouchyMouse Active Member

It's been disco'd on Unrest by Shoukin from what EQ2U shows. So that's probably a raid drop then. And I bet from the new Arena as you suggested, Anghammarad. Given that one of the things it'll make is a portal to it...

http://www.u.eq2wire.com/item/index/3503086729
  4. Thalador Active Member

We had them drop in the avatar arena last night
  5. Anghammarad Well-Known Member

Then right now it would be interresting how high the droprate will be.

If there is one every now and then, I for my case think it's way too low for food/potions/ammonition...

Yes I know it has been like this with the Skyshrine-/Raid-Apprentices from the beginning, but still it feels wrong to have to grind for mats for your group/raid for days on end, to only have the benefits of craftable food/potions/ammo for a single evening.

But that's only my opinion...
  6. Twyxx Well-Known Member

We got a pack of celestial motes as a drop from the first avatar killed in Arena of the Gods last night. It contained 100.

If this is the only way to get the motes then the quantities per combine are too low. For potions they are 5 motes per potion. So, the raid gets 100 every three days. That's only 20 potions every three days assuming that's all you spend motes on? The ammo is worse. 50 arrows per combine. So 5000 arrows if you were to use all 100. That's about one ranger's worth for a week of raiding right now. The food/drink is one mote per one 2hr 49 min food or drink.

I haven't run the heroics yet. If they have the motes as drops maybe off a hm boss or something then that's fine and a good incentive to run the fabled heroics. If the Arena is the only place to get these and they're just one pack of 100 for the raid every three days then the combine amounts need to be dramatically improved.
  7. Uncle Active Member

we got 100 last night for our arena kill and yes i agree they need to up the amounts that can be crafted per combine without removing the amount dropped as loot
  8. Caela Well-Known Member

I have no problem requiring a special drop for food/drink - but they need to make way more than 1 per combine.

Currently the ambrosial food/drink you get 20 per combine of commons - for a total of 10 hours duration. If these are going to require a special drop, we should get more than 10 hours of duration from a single combine.

The trend has been for consumables to lose their special drop... that would be nice to see here if they aren't going to change the duration or quantity.
  9. Uncle Active Member

i havent really looked at the amount for the food and drink it 1:1 ration really that is bad
  10. Caela Well-Known Member

I'm only researching the recipe right now - but it does appear to be only a yield of 1.
  11. Evillbetty New Member

If the only place to get the motes is the AoG than they should make it so every kill in there drops these. The no loot(gear) beyond the first one is fine. But to only give out 100 motes every three days is dumb. That means if you want to create the new ammo you can make 5000 every three days. Trying to supply a raid force with the ammo would be a nightmare, and if its only giving one food/drink that would be even worst.

When i originally read about the AoG I thought that every Avatar would drop a chest just once in the 3 day period. Giving you 9-10 chest per 3 days, They could do something like that, if they don't want to give us gear that fine but at least give us the motes so we can get 900-1000 motes per 3 days and keep out raid force stocked.
  12. Daalilama Well-Known Member

Yeah not quite sure what the heck they were thinking with the appallingly bad combine yields per motes used. I don't think they would go back and allow more than one avatar to drop gear or motes within the 3 day limit except bristlebane easter egg avatar in there so with that said they definitely need to rethink the amount per combine yields...even at 200 arrows/shurikens/etc. per combine its still woefully low but not so much a slap in the face of 50 per combine is now. Doubt they'd increase the amount of motes per loot avatar either.
  13. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Could just catch up to all the other mmos and finally do what really needs to be done...get rid of ammo.
  14. Dulcenia Well-Known Member

Or bring back Endless Quiver (EQ1) for rangers.
    Sanshiro and Karrane like this.
  15. Antone New Member

Just made some of the new potions. Celestail Elixir of Intellect/Piety. The ratio 5 motes to 1 potion defiantely sucks and is so not worth making unless you have plenty of motes to waste, and I Don't. They are going for like 550plat on the broker too. The only nice thing I can say about the few that I made was that I got disco on them.....
  16. Amnesia Member

I did the math, and for my guild that raids 4 nights a week at 4 hours a night, there is only enough motes for 8 players to have food / drink / potions per week off of 200 motes, which is 2 Arena kills per week..

thats not including ammunition. even if we ran a alt guild for 200 more motes only 16 players would have drink / food and potions, excluding ammunition.. The 1 to 1 ratio required for food / drink / potions needs to be changed or the number of motes that drop needs to be multiplied by 4 minimum.

Why even release new food, drink, ammunition, potions if 1/4 of a raid can have access to them. not including those on standby or who need these items outside of raids.

( boggle )
  17. Meirril Well-Known Member

So, save them up and use the food, arrows and pots when your doing new content and you need the extra edge. If you spent a month farming the arena you should have enough to get you through the first week of the new expansion.

The potion's mote cost seems unreasonable, but I don't think any of these consumables are suppose to become a raid staple. More of a "use it when it might make a difference" kinda thing.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

The thing is.. the consumables aren't THAT much better then the easily available versions to justify this. In my opinion, they should either up how much is made per combine and/or drop more motes on one side or make the consumables enough better then standard to justify the extreme enforced rarity.
  19. Mindsway Well-Known Member

The best solution would be to greatly increase the yield of what the motes make. One mote should make at least 20 food or drink, 20 potions, or 500 arrows IMO if they're going to continue this drop rate. Otherwise they should increase the drop rate by a considerable amount and/or have them drop from raid bosses of other zones as well. As it stands right now, no one wants to make anything with the motes because it's just not worth it. But SOE won't change anything unless enough people complain.
    Alenna likes this.
  20. Twyxx Well-Known Member

Can we do something about this now? After 4+ weeks we now have 900 motes. We haven't spent any as the rates are ridiculous. A month of saving up motes gives us enough to get everyone 15 each of food and drink. If we're careful with it that lasts two weeks. That's no potions, no ammo. What's the point of making it this restrictive?

I know you want to incent the arena. There's plenty of incentive with just the bristlebane cloaks. I don't see any point at all to making small upgrade food/ammo/potions and making them rare. It's just annoying.
    Alenna, Kuulei and Mindsway like this.