Can't log into game

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Elhannan, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Elhannan New Member

When I try to log into the game I always get, "EQ2 Client Application has stopped working". I have tried validating game assets, rebooting, rebooting and revalidating game assets, uninstall and new install of game -- always the same result.
  2. Mensa Member

They pulled the servers down at 5PM EST. Won't be back up until 9PM EST. How long has this been happening?
  3. Elhannan New Member

This morning I was able to log in from character select screen (had been left there over night). When I logged off to desktop in order to log onto my wife's account to help her do loyalty points (about 6:00 AM Central time) I got this error. When I got home this evening and tried to log on (my account, my wife's account, my daughter's account) I get the same error. I used the launchpad to uninstall and run a new install (while I was away today). This evening I did a system reboot and tried to uninstall EQ2 from the Settings/System/Apps and Features, and I get"This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information." There are two different EQ2 applications listed in the settings/application list (one shows Daybreak, one shows sony). The one showing Sony shows the problem being with uninstaller-10680.exe, and the one showing Daybreak shows the problem being with Uninstaller-9544.exe (but the same error message with each one). So, I can't uninstall the game (except the uninstall available from the launchpad (which I did the morning, but that didn't help either).
  4. Elhannan New Member

My computer has two hard drives, so I did a new install on the second hard drive (still can't uninstall EQ2 from the first hard drive). Now I get the same message regardless of which hard drive I try to run the game from.
  5. Claws Member

For me, I open up the launch pad and it ask for my login info. Then tells me it is incorrect, it is not. I tried to recover it but the server said to try later, I am guessing that is tomorrow
    Shmogre likes this.
  6. Zeddicious Well-Known Member

broken. thx
  7. Shmogre Well-Known Member

I'm seeing the same thing...got kicked out of the game (straight to desktop), now Launcher wants my login info but tells me there is an error. Going directly through the executable (everquest2.exe) launches the game and asks for my login, but gives me an error as soon as I click "Login".

[IMG]

EDIT: My server is Maj'Dul.
    Spextasy and Scrappyz like this.
  8. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

Getting the same error message and launcher isn't working as well
    Shmogre and Spextasy like this.
  9. Coriel Active Member

Same here. Can't log on via the launchpad nor via the backdoor.
    Shmogre and Spextasy like this.
  10. Locospy Member

A lot of us are getting this error. Daybroke if you can't fix it, let one of us take over ;)
    Scrappyz likes this.
  11. Spextasy Well-Known Member

Same here.
  12. Moooony New Member

I need my fix!!
  13. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Possibly related: Some in-game mail is not able to be sent, simply gives the message "Mail cannot be sent for an unknown reason" (multiple people reporting it in-game).
  14. Wizzam Well-Known Member

Right before the crash /claim was not working.
    Spextasy likes this.
  15. Scrappyz Well-Known Member

DayBroke the Game :(
    Spextasy and Wizzam like this.
  16. Quiarrah Well-Known Member

Can't get on either. . . Thurgadin server and Maj'dul
  17. Grouse Active Member

I was also locked out of the forums until just this moment.

Launcher still fails, but everquest2.exe appears to be working.
  18. Moooony New Member

It's back up folks!! Put down the pitchforks!
  19. Probe One Member

It's up.

But moments ago it was down for EQ2, Landmark, H1Z1, and probably all of the Daybreak Games library.

Crashed again.

8:01 PST

No access to multiple Daybreak Games.
    Yes, Steam and Origin are Up.
  20. Kappy New Member

Still can't log in :(