Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl and Essence of War

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Pikku, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Pikku New Member

Hello,

I crafted a Sigil of the War Prince while wearing Blessed Coldain Prayer Shawl. The Shawl procced and gave text "You feel the blessing of Brell wash over you!" but all the components were consumed and nothing was returned back!

I wrote a petition to the Game Masters and received a reply that Essence of War "is not a qualifying item" for returns?! Nowhere is it stated that it doesn't effect all materials. To me this strikes very odd that on one instance the item works and on some items it just wont work even when it procs. Nowhere on the material does it say that it isnt affected by any effects.

To me this is a bug and needs to be fixed. And my Essence of War returned to me!

Would a developer be kind enough to answer this and fix it !
    Or then make the charms quests gotten via a NPC and not craftable, since none of the crafting special effects work on them! It is very stupid to make things craftable but then again "its not like craftable component or blablabla". Very lame excuses.
    Fix it!
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

There are a number of recipes that don't work with the shawl/procs. Unfortunately it's not listed on the recipes anywhere and it's not a check done to see if the proc works (and prevent it from hapening if it doesn't) it's a check AFTER the proc happens to see if it works.
    It's annoying, but it is, unfortunately, 'working as intended'.
  3. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I do wish that something would be set so could see when the proc is supposed to be working or if it's a bug to get the proc and not get the items back.

The crafting weekly was the one that uses the tunarian trumpetleaf, I had three on my character, you need four. I absolutely lucked out and got double proc (Brell's blessing and systematic conservation), but guess what? I didn't get the trumpetleaf back. It did not use the fuel and not sure on the other mats as I didn't keep count of those, but definitely the trumpetleaf wasn't returned as I had to fly down and harvest some more :p

I /bug'd it, of course, but is it intended? if the item had some sort of note on it then no need for a /bug.
  4. Deveryn Well-Known Member

The trumpetleaves and dogwood shrubs are probably some kind of bug having to do with the fact that they're house items, as opposed to traditional components.
  5. Pikku New Member

It is very easy to write it on the description of the item or the recipe that none of the tradeskilling specials work on that recipe or item. VERY EASY.

To me this is still a bug, since the Shawl's proc clearly states:

"No components are consumed to create this item."

If you do not want it to work on something, then DONT MAKE IT TO BE A TRADESKILL RECIPE/ITEM.

So change it to be a quest. Solved. No worries. Nobody whining.
    If DBG intends to make this stupid "it affects this, not that, perhaps that other one, or idontknowbuti'marandomdevandmakeitworkperhapscauseilikerandom".