Beta Test This Weekend and Earn a Mount!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Roshen, Mar 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pijotre Well-Known Member

Well the promotion runs until midday PST (another 4h and 16 minutes as of this post), I'm on beta atm and the achievement is still there and mobs are counting towards it.
    NeedsCoffee likes this.
  2. xkrisx Well-Known Member

"" Well the promotion runs until midday PST (another 4h and 16 minutes as of this post), I'm on beta atm and the achievement is still there and mobs are counting towards it. ""

Im at work though and this Wyse Terminal wont run EQ2 lol.
  3. Wanderingbat Active Member

This is the last I'm going to say on all of this. I agree I was wrong to post what I said in the manner it seemed like I was posting without the quote that really set me off. It was worse than mine. Believe me. That being said, I'm sorry. I apologize. I had a frustrating moment and should have just sat on my hands. But my hands are as bipolar as my brain is (truth in actuality). But no excuses. I will try to do better. .
    suka and flameweaver like this.
  4. Chimerian New Member

Who is watching the clocks there? I was trying to run my last one to get the achievement, and the server goes down 50 minutes early?
    This after having to install the beta on three different PCs before I could get one to run it, all of which run the normal game fine.

urrrg.
  5. Maldaris Active Member

40 minutes remaining, and the Beta server shows as being locked.

This is one of those bizarre moments where I log in to take part, see the locked server...and I just started laughing. I'm laughing even as I type. This is so bizarrely typical (as off-kilter as that sounds). Oh well...no purple sokokar, I'll wait for the pink or teal models. :p
  6. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

o well sigh its over now I worked on getting that mount for hours and forgot that I might have to get the mount on the live server for each toon before I make the next one :oops:
    again o well there will be other changes I guess
    another Beta another mount :)
  7. NeedsCoffee New Member

Gave up on this, was unable to log into beta all day fri and sat, quest counter was not working no posts on fixing it.
    I also found the idea of running a beta in the middle of brewday questing to be a problem. Nice idea but no points for execution.
  8. Ez2scare New Member

Unfortunately I am also very frustrated with the whole thing. I began trying to get into Beta on Friday afternoon , downloaded the full thing twice. Actually got in once and got killed immediately then could not camp or do anything, had to exit out of game, from there out it was continually just reloading and never getting to enter the game. I already had a toon there and that did not matter. It was really a waste of effort. Now can Roshen tell us why we all were not able to get in? I have done the Beta's tons over the years so none of it made sense. And after all this I still have no mount to show for my time and effort.- Mortalene
    Raycharles likes this.
  9. Raycharles New Member

I had the same problems, so I won't repeat. It was most frustrating.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

I wonder what was going on with this all anyway it appears they were testing of all things the beta server itself.
    hmm so maybe those people that were not able to get in should get a prize for showing that the server was not working right after all you guys were giving your all trying to get in
    hmm I wonder if they were trying to fix the many problems and let us in for an extra day o well but I think that's just wishful thinking.:rolleyes:
    suka and Juraiya like this.
  11. totlich New Member

So how did this turn out? I got on many time but there was no tracking of the things I killed so I gave up. Too bad? :(
  12. Almee Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. I suspected this was happening. It sure doesn't bode well for the future.
  13. suka Well-Known Member

well said.
    Wanderingbat likes this.
  14. Chimerian New Member

So, I thought on this overnight and I find myself somewhat disappointed with the communication from Daybreak. They have not from what I can tell given any feedback as to yes there were problems with the client on some systems, yes there were bugs on the kill tracking, thanks we got some good information, etc. Yes, it's only a beta test server, and yes the reward is not game changing, but to treat it this way will only prevent future support of your efforts. There is a trust that is lost when you say you are going to do something, and then you do not, To give an exact time that the server(s) will run, and then to arbitrarily shut them down early is a mistake. People make plans on what you post. You have set the expectation, and then failed to meet it without any further communication. It also seems like the update/patch downtimes were posted sooner in the past as well. I am not one of the nay sayers, or doom predictors, but I do know that if you ignore us... we will go away.
    Pijotre likes this.
  15. SOE-MOD-04 Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.