Beta Tank Changes

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Silzin, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Boli Active Member

Fighters don't need an offensive stance at all... just an until cancelled buff not to generate as much agro (note: not a stance). In the same way there is a handy buff to remove AoE attack - there shoudl be a toggle to reduce/remove threat.

That said there are(or there should be) TWO tiers of DPS in this game

T1 - pure DPS
    T2 - Utility, Heals, Tanks

If Chanters are relied upon to run temp buffs and feed power...
    If Bards are relied upon to maintain debuffs and generate Spike DPS....
    If Healers are relied upon to Cure and Heal....

whilst ALL of them contribute significant DPS. Why are tanks different? - why should we have the lowest CAs and "just sit at the back and taunt like good little boys"

Tanks should be able to do as much damage whilst tanking - as DPSing - just the option to switch off the hate will allow Tanks to perform multiple roles on a raid without compromising their core class goals.

plus... please tell me that the hit rates for tanks have been fixed - last time I raided hit rate was like 40% "because you were in front of the mob"; there is no need to force less dps out of tanks just "because".
  2. Sounson Active Member

40% hit rates? Oh man, you're doing it wrong. That's a "you" thing, not a tank mechanic problem.
  3. Boli Active Member

When I last raided was like 2 years ago and 40-50% hit rates were the norm on *some* named if you stood in front of the mob (e.g. tanking) - 60-80%+ from behind. It was more an observation of the past where tank DPS was purposefully reduced "just because". (think this was mid 2012?) that was a good parse at the time and the hit rate is still shocking.
  4. Ingerimm Well-Known Member

I can only give legal Boli you as always, just as before, nice that you're back.

We have many paladins outdated skills and we had until now not an addon (in almost 11 years) with a real update or advantage over other tank classes. Were there times one, it was again completely attenuated immediately 2 to 4 weeks later.

Take the example of "Holy Ground" ... +24 hatred positions, but not about the First attenuated to a hate position. => Therefore the paladins have for years no longer aggro snap.

Suppose "crusade" which completely once a relatively large number of resistance on the subattributs WHS buffed and now is ridiculous with 3xx, also buffed the spell STR AGI and INT WHS and not just WHS + Healrate.

Or take "faith" which Matured 3 Trigger with 90% of the damage was to the group indefinitely. And now a maximum of 3 times max. HP was DELIMI .... => 3 was the trigger Reflect the guardian or berserker also DELIMI 3 times max. HP I think not!

Our Wards of the tank Heal me were never adjusted change, so why even the shadowknight?

Earlier Paladins were the only tanks that can heal, that was their strength, today everyone can Berserker much better. Why such senseless changes?

I think SoE / Daybreak probably has their favorite classes and which has so often been reported and some are simply ignored. I have given up reports to write, because it's all lug and wore the DEV's hear anyway not to the people and do what they think and play the crowd before the this would be involved.

So we just wait and see what they do with the game, there are many things that I personally miss forever.

Substats, various manufacturing qualities, the real difference in the gear and in the various classes, even the by-products when crafting.

But all this is unfortunately a long story and I fear the simplification of complexity will continue until there is no more EQ2 :(.

What can really do without EQ2 make more and more exaggerated and senseless DPS checks.But that's just my humble personal opinion.

Some statements such as those for "Divine Aura" I can not agree, because you have to know how to use this, you do not it may not seem very useful, but some experience now belongs once to apply your skills.

The shortcomings lie in the Wards and Short Term buffs and less at the various defensive skills.

Best regards
    Ingerimm of Valor
  5. Azian Well-Known Member

Good God, No! I'm sure they would then find a way to break my brigand in the same way they are breaking my fighters! I don't need that kind of trickle down! :)
  6. Clevemo Active Member

Tank hit rates have been "fixed" with the addition of weapon skill bonuses on cloaks and belts. My slashing is +1700 or so and I'm above 90% hit rate on most encounters. Definitely helped ...
  7. Atan Well-Known Member

Its not just slashing though, still need sufficient strikethru as well.

But yes, it has been 'fixed' in that there are stats to chase to get your hit rates up. If you can find enough strikethru and weapon stats you can achieve a 90%+ hit rate while standing in front of the mob.

Perhaps adding an additional 25% Strikethru to Defensive stance would help add to the differentiation of the stances.
    Malleria likes this.
  8. Silzin Active Member

the New Belts and Clocks have a lot of Weapon Skills and with this and some Acc/ST I am getting 95%+ Hit rates just about all of the time.
  9. Denaso New Member

I've been looking for where a dev has explicitly stated the goal of these changes to fighters but I can't find anything.

How are we supposed to give feedback on changes whose goal isn't clearly stated?

From reading between the lines I guess the goal is the prevent raiders from tanking in offensive stance? Why is this being sold as a fighter revamp if that's the case?
  10. Wurm Well-Known Member

Not all the fighters have access to those fabled cloaks or belts, and they didn't retrofit the Master Crafted ones with the new WSB. Which IMO they should have.
  11. Ansom Active Member

Some raid trash can very easy farmed with one grp...
  12. Wurm Well-Known Member

Oh I know... still not something all fighters have access to.
  13. Silzin Active Member

Also the Heroic Belts and Clocks from the Event Heroics have the +Skills... it just takes some work to get them is all they are out there.
  14. Wurm Well-Known Member

I know that as well, I'm not speaking for myself.
    But even the Advance Solo running tanks are tired of missing stuff standing in front of them. At the very least the Master Crafted needs to have weapon skills added.
  15. Silzin Active Member

I do agree... i am not sure why htey did not add it to at least the MC... at that rate why not the 96 HM also... what ever.
    Wurm likes this.
  16. Duele Active Member

Won't ever happen because for some reason Fighters always have to get the shaft on their usefulness.

Jack Fighter DPS up to above everybody else except T1 DPS and you still will only see 4 Fighters on a raid tops due to all the other spots needed for utility and heals to maximize raid DPS. That is the best we can hope for someday but these stance changes aren't fixing it at all.

Instead its going to continue to be bringing as few Fighters as possible for as much as possible to get the job done.
    konofo likes this.
  17. Boli Active Member

DPS is only half of the story - why would you have the DPS of a chanter or secondary healer without the buffs?

... unless fighters self buffs somehow propagated across the group - I know many classes would would love to have holy ground running procing damage on hits- or my 35% DR running.

That's half the reason SKs were so valued in the mage group in TSF - they not only did good dps but their temp buffs suited mages.
  18. Duele Active Member

Oh I understand completely and fought that fight for many years.

Unfortunately there is this perception that Fighters need to remain useless whenever they aren't tanking. Just when you get a good xpac like SF where things are looking good for fighters they nerf what they can do in relaiton to all the other classes.

I mean wanting 4 Fighters in a raid must be such blasphemy.
    konofo likes this.
  19. Silzin Active Member

You know Duele I have for some strange reason Hated everything you have ever said... but i have to agree with you here. I think the world is coming to an end.
  20. Liou_Unrest Active Member

What I'd like to see:

-15-25% base buff to all CA's for fighters. (this gives us a reason to push buttons, and the ability to be on the bottom-middle of T2 dps with the right gear and talent)

-Updated offensive stance similar to reckless that is relevant to current day (boost)