BEST OF BEST WARDEN AA Lines and why I hate Cyclone!

Discussion in 'Warden' started by ARCHIVED-Evilplayer, Mar 11, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Evilplayer Guest

So I have 240 AAs and pretty much using my last 10 points for Great Bear and Instinct Line, I play on a PVP server mind you so PVP AAs are not really the same for PVE AAs when it comes to specs.
    I do allot of BGs and I have to say the only thing great for our main AA lines in PVP is "serenity" and Second group cure, It took me awhile to get that second group cure because of the way i was speced. But i LOVE having 2 group cures now, even though i am already fast at single curing. Just makes life easier and I am sure other wardens will agree.
    Ok about Cyclone, So it absorbs ALL DAMAGE, Ok I really think this one sucks bad in pvp because , it should "ABSORB EVERYTHING" for 10 seconds, i mean its friggen 10 seconds, not 30 , not 1 minute like my precious Tranquility which i eat sleep and breath by everytime i play ahhhh traaaanq.... But all Cyclone does is prolong your death in PVP battle grounds, I AM NOT INCLUDING 1 vs 1, because that is different, i am talking "allot" of damge where CYCLONE would come in handy ,,,,,but does it really?

9/10 times where i use it on myself or tank, all it does is prevents you for dying for another 10 seconds but guess what , as you all know, it does not STOP you from being rooted, mezed, snared, stuned and does NOT stop you from having umm,. 30 detrimentals stacked on you during your Immunity...and you all know what happens whene your immunity expires and you have 30 + detrimentals on you? yep, lights out, thanks for coming and enjoy rebuffing yourself back at revive spot

Anyone else agree? I am just posting to get feed back from other wardens because out of all our lines, there is only like 4 worth getting and yea cyclone is great but like i said , it sucks in pvp unless you only have like 2 people on you. I don't know, i LOVE my warden to death and just wish we had more fluff for our AA lines, compared to other classes which umm, got some amazing stuff . (good for them though, they needed it ) But they scrap our new carry over heals, give us more hp buff ( not that much more ) and a crap AA line that lasts for 10 seconds and does not stop dots and other crap from sticking to you ..( so they are ready to do damage once your cyclone expires )
    Oh and for our other AA line "WILD PROTECTION" I can't believe i put 8 points into that crap, but I had to because our other AAs suck..* our warden Tree is the BEST we have, Mine is pretty much maxed depends on heal spec or PVP spec, Warden is where my points go all the time , then TSO line for heals and other goodies, druid tree just sucks ....the end lines i am talking about mind you.
    Wild protection oh wow,,,,, 2% damage reduction on heals, wow , i am ubber now, oh wait, 4% if you toss up group heals too, wow i guess i will only be nuked for 11k instead of 16k. or crushed by Shadowknights for 4 k per pop instead of 6k sweet .../sarcasim off. annnnyways..

What do you Wardens think about your AAs? Happy, sad? so so? And note, i am also comparing our AAs to other classes who in my mind , have some nice stuff.
    Levira , 80 Warden of Nagafen
  2. ARCHIVED-Evilplayer Guest

I am also going to type in my spec to give other people an idea * new wardens mainly *
    HUGE WALL TEXT INCOMING! Only read if you are curious about what builds i am going with and why i still hate Cyclone
    DRUID TREE:
    shapeshift=1 point ...of course
    AGILITY LINE : 4/8/10/1/8
    ..............As i said above, i still believe wild protection is not great but if you are trying to be best healer possible , then 2% is better then 0% , but it stacks so you can get up to 4% again, better then nothing but it is 8 points /sigh
    STAMINA LINE : 4/8/10/1/8
    .....i might be changing to 4/10/10/1/8 ...thinking about it with my INT line. Serenity is a must and crucial in PVP, but our stifle last point is not working, it should take you OUT of stifles but it does not.. so you better hit that button before being stifled ! again its HUGE in pvp and to keep youself active and spam group heals while warlocks for example try to show off to there groups about how fast they can take you and your entire group out
    Ok I USE to go STRENGTH before SF , but no more and probably never again, Natural boom , STR line is a thing of choice really, i did both for soooo long, I am now INT, i just like that line way way more, Its allot harder to get CRIT bonus to spells then it is to get like double attack which you can get from TSO lines/battle prowess and even gear.
    STRENGTH: 0/0/0/0/0
    Natural Instincts, don't see how anyone can put points into this , again , if thats your thing go for it. but for a pvp server , its different, pve , sure i guess but Int offers more
    WISDOM: 0/0/0/0/0
    Well what can i say about this, ok yea thats it, never take this line ever LOL .. Oh and for the end line : Tunare's Protection.....ask yourself this,...do you feel like dying twice in 10 seconds? or just once
    INTELLIGENCE: 4/10/8/1/0
    ......I might be changing this to 4/10/10/1/0 see above with Stamina line combo. This is actually good and great for pvp...my hybrid spec i live and die from on the pvp server. FUSION is GREAT but watch your power because it can be a power hog , even when your spamming your butt off trying to keep your group alive, but whats not to like about doing 400-800+ damage maybe even more if you are spell crit heavy PER HEAL CASTED!
    i am in good gear and i think i do over 1k with my gear per heal from Fusion which is pretty damn good for a free nuke well not free it takes power each time , INT end line, Stormcallers , Renewal , i would take it if you nuke ALLOT during fights, i am melee and caster/heal hybrid so i cant afford to get that INT END line, (if i had 8 extra more points ex: total of 258 AAs i would take stormcallers for sure. DRUID TREE IS MY LEAST FAVORITE TREE THANKS SONY ...just kidding
    WARDEN TREE: THE BEST OF THE BEST ..with TSO following.. this tree is our best and my points are ALWAYS in this every time i try new specs..

This one is simple.
    WARDEN LINE:
    This one you should get first if you are low level too, melee wardens are awsome, I auto attack crit for 2k which is nice for a healing class! Though i am level 90 in good gear!
    Dawnstrike 5/Icefall 5/Frostbite 5/Whirl of permaFrost 5/ Warden of the forest 5/ Force of Nature 1. ............And same as mentioned in the AA guide about ...NEVER EVER EVER go down STR line without Force of Nature!
    REMEDIES :
    Need i say more? Its a MUST for healing.
    Cure : 5/ Cure2: 0/ Cure3: 5/ CureCurse 0/Tranquility 5/ of COURSE , plus newbies will love you when you heal them) Verdant Whisper 5/ Shatter Infections 1/
    RENEWAL LINE:
    I switch this around, if I am grinding Battle grounds ONLY , i will only put points into Revive 3 and Spores 1, just to break 70 AA wardens to get into the end lines, because I find Movement line is HUGE for Capture the flag etc so i spec Movement for BG ONLY and Renewal Line when not doing Battlegrounds, i never ever put points into Movement BESIDES spirit of wolf 5 points for 45% speed.
    Revive 5/ Spores 4/ Spirit of Bats 5/ Death Interventions 5/ Healing Grove 1/ Reformation 1/ REFORMATION IS HUGE for healing spec, but like i said , whenever i am not doing battlegrounds, i ALWAYS have Renewal lines maxed with my cures lines and melee , because i love being able to nuke, melee and heal as best as i possibly can. Hybrid is the BEST !
    MOVEMENT LINE:
    Now, you either love this line or hate it but i ONLY Love it in battlegrounds, in 90 levels i never speced this besides Spirit of Wolf 5/ If you are pure nuking warden, ok i guess it will be great, but i never root anything outside pvp and there for never use this, even willow wisp i only use when i have 10 guys beating on me, i pop Willow wisp up, jump out , pop tranquility and spam/cure myself to get away.
    Seriously. i have been rooted and snared so many times without this but i am still ok because i ,like other wardens who are FAST at curing ... can cure there own root in 1 second flat and keep running. I rather do that then toss in a bunch of AAs i would rather spend elsewhere.
    WARDEN SF AA LINES :
    I am suprised at 250 AA I will have spend 21 points into this SF line alone !
    I know people are saying Instinct and Bear FIRST , but only if you are PVE, PVP i say different, i say , those 2 lasts. Unless you are doing tons of instances then get Primal Rage first for the HATE aggro deaggro reductions.
    Frozen limbs=waste of 5 points
    Animal Instinct: 5 points for sure . Maxed, proc=15% increase to combat arts! and 24.0 speed increase! 18 seconds and triggers 3 times per minute!
    Vitality of Great bear: 5 points . As i said i will eventually get this in 10 more AAs, but i see no rush in getting this right away , sorry i but i just dont, our hp buffs is still crap, just better then before which was BRUTAL !
    Skin like Wood : 5 points.... NUMBER 1! Get this, yes its only 731 point ward but ...WE FINALLY GET A WARD! I am telling you * lower wardens* When you start doing these hard hitting zones, and spamming your tushy off, your going to wish you made a mystic . but stick with it, we still rock.
    Hierophantic Regeneration : 5 .. HUGE , NUMBER 2! Get this second after getting Skin like Wood, its a massive heal being at master level and greatly reduces the massive power over time it takes big thing to have 5 points into! You will be suprised how fast your tank goes from red to green when you pop this , tanks over 20K hps mind you.
    Primal Rage: 5/ I had this at 5 points before but mehh, i am doing more pvp then instances , if you are other way around, MORE PVE then PVP , get this NUMBER 3! After Heirophantic Gen.
    CYCLONE. 1/ Well.. I thought this was good until i started doing mass PVP Battlegrounds,, Cyclone, ROCKS IN PVE, but as i said up top, its garbage in PVP unless you only have 1 or 2 guys beating on you. Read above about Cyclone and how it absorbs damage but not detrimentals and stuns/stifles. so when it wears off, you are screwed and going to die FAST! seriously. how far do you expect to run in 10 seconds? or end up in 10 seconds? again, PVE MUST , PVP ...whatever , i rather have a new nice AA line or something in the future over this one.
    SHADOW LINE: SECOND BEST TREE ! First is Warden , druid dead last.

GENERAL :
    Hearty Constitution /5 Swift Journy 5/ I am on Rime mount so with 10% increase to mount, i am sitting at 78% mount speed! Alternate choice is Swift Strides 5/ or ... Enhance mind 5/
    PRIEST:
    Litany of Combat: 5/ A MUST HAVE! I always have this running , and the beauty of it , you can toggle between them depending on your choice!.
    Prayer of Healing 5/ Increase to heals, ALL heals in TSO should be at 5 !
    DRUID TSO:
    Elemental Mastery 5/ Again, I am hybrid, so i am going nuke AND melee AND FULL HEAL spec
    Hierophantic Protection : 5/ Untamed Winds 5/ Harmony of the Grove 5/ Bladed Exppertise 5/ ...Bladed is up to you if you are full nuker, avoid the melee lines. Wrath of Nature 1/ I LOVE THIS SPELL! Casting on the move and best of all, THE HUGE HUGE RANGE !! I love how bards think they are getting away and i just sprint close enough to land it on there last 1k hps, annd watch them slowly die
    WARDEN TSO:
    Blissful healing 5/ Healing Winds 5/ Glacial Assault1/ Nature's Aura 1. These two end AA lines Glacial and Natures are a MUST and try to get ASAP when you reach that AA # area.
    Ok, i USE to have Critical Debilitation, but as of last week i dropped it because i am PVP server and i play with good tanks that already have TONS of Crit mitigation! 15% is no biggie for them , but if you are with people or even yourself that lack CRIT Mitigation, I would take this one for sure. But if you are already in good gear with great tanks, avoid this. I put my extra 5 into double attack, so with my hybrid build, full heal, Int line, and 0 Strength line but Prowess activatd, i am sitting at 45% double attack which is pretty good for missing STR line.
    Anyways , sorry for the long post of my AA build, this isn't really a guide but an idea for those looking for the best of the best builds .IMO! I been with this build with the mix of MOVEMENT + RENEWAL lines . (see above about BG) I stuck with this build for 80 levels , 90 pretty much giving us the end SF lines. But I have not really changed anything.

I can nuke. melee, heal " full heal spec" sorry but i dont care about raid reses when you have dirges for that or why get auto resed when you just die in 2 hits? * see wisdom end line * All i care about is healing massive amounts, doing damage when i am bored and keeping my group cured and alive at the end of the day .
    Also, 3 things new Wardens should be looking for in terms of Stats
    Wisdom!
    Stamina ! The change for stamina is coming ...pvp
    Potency!
    Crit Chance but it caps at 100%
    and CRIT BONUS ! Crit bonus is harder to come by and huge for us !
    Ability mods , lots of those around. these are stats for gears in terms of importance

Feel Free to post your builds , sorry for any typos but I only made it up to grade 3 ")
    Levira 80 Warden of Nagafen
  3. ARCHIVED-Eugam Guest

Your problems are all based on PvP. So you are maybe right regarding PvP.

In PvE i am very happy. Got lots of little helpers to be a valid group healer for different tanks. SK, monk or guardian.. i dont care that much anymore. For guard and monk i have a bit sandstrom if needed. For the noob monk i have a bit hate on instinct or a bit more dps with deaggro for that crazy assassin. Group Hot with -x% damage for the squishy heavy groups. 10% block for all, more Mit and Hp for all.
    I am almost scared from the nerf bat :p