Berserker KOS AA paths (List)

Discussion in 'Berserker' started by ARCHIVED-Khalad, Feb 8, 2006.

1. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

I simply compared the wording of the AA to the wording of the guardian skill that says "-if tower equiped in secondary." IT means tower and only tower. This AA reads at the end " if buckler equiped in secondary". So right now thats what it is. Do i think thats how it should be? No. Do i think it will stay? No. All I said that if it says buckler, it means buckler and not buckler and all shields above it.
  2. ARCHIVED-infernus006 Guest

"So right now thats what it is."

You said you hadn't actually tried it out yet so then you don't really know that for sure.

"All I said that if it says buckler, it means buckler and not buckler and all shields above it."

True. But remember, this is SOE we're dealing with. They don't always say exactly what they mean. :p
    Message Edited by infernus006 on 02-10-200604:34 PM
  3. ARCHIVED-Kaberu Guest

I think the point of the line is to make using a buckler a feasible option considering you'll get benefits that supposedly offset the reduced effectiveness compared to a kite or tower shield. Whether that holds true or not, we'll have to see.

Then again, even after seeing, it will probably take several "no really, they're not nerfs, we mean it this time" before it actually plays out.
  4. ARCHIVED-Wiseman160 Guest

Any word on when we can get some clarification for the Wisdom tree?
  5. ARCHIVED-Dimglow Guest

Can anyone who is in beta answer this for me? And also some general question on berserkers...

Can you trigger Sweeping Strikes with an off-hand weapon?

Can you trigger berserking, berserker offensive stance, or anything other than the weapon's imbued effect or innate proc on the off-hand while DWing?
  6. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

FYI, "If buckler equiped in secondary" has been changed too "if shield equiped in secondary".
  7. ARCHIVED-Serventof Wrath Guest

Quick question, In the description for the STR line it says "if axe in primary" but for the INT line it just says "if sword is equiped" does this mean I can duel wield an axe and sword as long as the axe is in the primary and get full benifit of both lines?
    Thanks
    Blog, Najena
  8. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Currently you can't respec on test, So i havent been able to test things very much at all. Had to make a raid so i picked the bare min of the STR and AGL lines, with 1 point leftover in hate. They are adding respec NPCs soon, so will know better then.

I can say one thing, I am seriously considering picking no 8 point final skills.
  9. ARCHIVED-Serventof Wrath Guest

I was just wondering about the STR and INT lines so i can get the increased crit chances and hate gain and then add the haste, double attacks, and parry. But if you can't meet both requirements by duel wielding the axe and sword, if I'm reading it right, it wouldn't work. :(
    Blog, Najena
  10. ARCHIVED-Laereneth Guest

I too would be very interested if DWing could be the solution to not having a wasted skill on my bar at all times when taking two branches. Hopefully we can find out before launch.
    Bjoern
  11. ARCHIVED-Laereneth Guest

Khalad, I believe it's a 16 second buff instead of a 16 minute buff on Executioners Wrath. Could you confirm or deny this?
    Bjoern
  12. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

So much has changed since i made that list its not even funny. If I try to keep it update it would honestly take over an hour a day.
    I will post a new list with screenshots (since before you could only examine one at a time) closer to release once things settle down. Unless someone else from beta does this.

And, the changes made have all been good ones so far. Warriors will be very happy with the choices.
  13. ARCHIVED-atjtennis Guest

That sounds very promising and thanks Khalad for all your hard work and help
  14. ARCHIVED-Laereneth Guest

Yes, thank you very much for your hard work. It's great to get a peak at what is to come.
    I did have a couple questions when reviewing the above list. The following AAs read like they are persistant: Weapon Expertise, Executioner's Anger, Sweeping Strikes, Seasoned Veteran, Acceleration and Double Attack. Is this correct? Also, do the abilities above proc off or effect AoE attacks, offhand attacks and combat arts? I wouldn't expect the CAs, but had to ask if you've seen any of it.
    Also, does every skill under an attribute path only pertain to the associated weapon, or is it just those that specifically state such? Such as Weapon Expertise is under str and axe, but it does not specifically state thus.
  15. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Right now on beta you can not change achievments. They removed the command to do it. They say their are NPCs on the way that, for a price, will reset your points. So I havent been able to test things yet. I just have the STR and AGL paths filled.

I do not think I will put any into STR. The hate gain seems too small to be worth it, the extra crit chance seems very small and the 8 point ability is about a waste.
    The AGL line seems really nice so far. Dragoons reflexes seems like a must have if you are a raid tank, I will prob keep that. No idea what else I will pick, too many choices.

I have not tested it yet, but im guessing for those of you who are concerned with DPS, is that double attack will be more profitable then crits.
  16. ARCHIVED-Laereneth Guest

Since you've tried the AGI path, is sweeping strikes a persistant skill or a duration triggered skill? It does sound pretty nice. And does it proc off other weapons other than spear? Or CAs?
  17. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

Sweeping Strikes works with all weapons. 5% chance per point spent. Is a buff that is up till canceled. When canceled it can be recasted 12 seconds later. It's toggleable so chanters don't cry.
  18. ARCHIVED-Halcat Guest

NM, Khalad answered :)
    Message Edited by Halcat on 02-14-200612:17 PM
    Message Edited by Halcat on 02-14-200612:17 PM
  19. ARCHIVED-Schmalex23 Guest

Wow, in the current AA state im going to max the wisdom path

first skill yields 56 wisdom, sweet for resists
    third gives 20% DPS increase
    fouth gives 320 more mit
    and fifth gives a pretty nice proc when tanking, even if you are using dw, 2hander, or a shield.

Sta path looks like it might be cool too, but it really depends on what type of shield is usable and how the skills stack(like the haste and the block proc)
  20. ARCHIVED-Khalad Guest

I think double attack seems real nice, only for auto attack, but i think it will yeild more then crits.