Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Kander, Aug 6, 2013.

1. rattpackk New Member

this is a prime example of how SOE listens to there players lol none wants it but there doing it anyways there way or the highway
  2. Darrrex New Member

I never stated you guys should only get an hour, and yes...SOE made a change in the right direction for the server times...Not to say it is a perfect system as of yet or it still needs improvements.
  3. slippery Well-Known Member

Except we do use a call list, and we have always had to 24/7. If we left Avatars up they would be killed before our raid time, guaranteed. Kind of like you leaving avatars up for Transcendence, except we call and kill them instead of crying about it.
    Twyxx and Lempo like this.
  4. Darrrex New Member

Sounds like someone needs a J-O-B! :)
  5. slippery Well-Known Member

You mean that thing that is the reason most of the people raid PST in the first place?
  6. Darrrex New Member

According to you...Is the reason why a guild is capable of using a call list 24/7!....Leaves a lot of space in there for work :)
  7. slippery Well-Known Member

Hey, pro tip, you don't need every single person on to kill an avatar. People have different lives, and can be on at different times. There is this cool thing where you only need like half the guild to kill an avatar. Maybe if you actually tried.
  8. Crychtonn Active Member

Don't forget it also went from 12 possible spawns a week (6 avatars on 72 hour windows every 3 days) to a max of 6 spawns per week. And in the new system if more then one is going to pop on any given day they will spawn at the same time. It'd be very easy for the /random generator to go on a streak where you feel shut out for periods of time.
  9. Daray Well-Known Member

My personal opinion:

Arena:
    No complaints with the addition - gives guilds the practice and confidence to actually contest the real avatars, which in itself should have been enough.

"Resetting" the contested avatars every 7 days:
    Again, fine - makes it slightly harder to keep them locked down due to needing to monitor more simultaneously at certain points in time.

Limiting avatar spawns to 12 hour windows:
    This is just a bad mechanic. While it does allow our guild "time off" watching them, it just does not make it fair for a lot of non-prime time guilds out there. No idea if there is any additional weighting going on within the 12 hour windows, but either way, the system works against guilds whose raid times fall at the extremes of the window (particularly early) and clearly against those guilds whose raid times are outside of the windows. Would have preferred the window to remain at 24 hours, even if there was a slight weighting towards prime time within that.

Either way, our ability to lock down all of the avatars is yet to be affected, so carry on ..
    Le Clown likes this.
  10. Zanloff New Member

By your logic, why can't Transcendence just use a call list during the prime time hours that makes more sense? If they really want them, CORRECT.
    Kraeref likes this.
  11. Issacx New Member

Except avatars start spawning 4 hours before your raid time and keep spawning till 4 hours after your raid ends making it much easier to make a call list than my guild, Transcendence, where avatars stop spawning 4 1/2hrs before raids start and start spawning 4 1/2hrs after raid ends.
  12. Crychtonn Active Member

What guild raids very early EST hours? Ancient Legacy raids PST times until 11PM PST / 2AM EST and have a Arena kill. Their raid time fits in either window.

A) Before you even bring it up I didn't ask for a time change for Guk. Change has no real effect on us. We can rally and hour or two early and an hour after our times. All of which you already know.

B) If I did ask for a change it'd be to narrow the window from 8PM EST to 2AM EST. Why, Because that covers the raid times of every guild on Guk that's killed an Arena Avatar. I've made suggestions that if it's competition they want spawns should be based around raid zone usage and weighted heaviest when zones are used the most.

Besides you guys have killed avatars at 3:30PM EST before so what's it matter lol.
  13. Froggleg Member

That insomniacs or w/e their name is raids very early AM iirc and Ilyriel said something about another doing similar times. There is also an Ausie guild that is getting going now that raids starting at 2 am EST I think it was, maybe it was w PST, id have to check. The only reason to move our window back to 12 would be to allow euro raid guilds a shot at avatars and looking through guild stuff there are no euro raid guilds on Guk, correct me if im wrong.
  14. Crychtonn Active Member

Only a handful of Guk guilds have recruitment threads up. So it's hard to know what they raid. Insomniacs isn't even registered on the progression site lol. I thought they mainly did late PST pick up raids though I could be wrong. I don't know of any Euro guilds and hadn't heard of a new Aussie guild. If they're at that time they should have picked EF and got ez mode avatars lol.

As long as it stays a straight 12 hour window there's going to be dead time in it where no one raids. If they want to get rid of that dead time I liked the guy's idea of the server tracking Arena kill times. Might be a coding nightmare they don't want to do. It would make it so they spawn in time frames guilds have shown they can kill them. Also give incentive to knew guilds to try killing them in Arena especially if they raid odd hours.
  15. Ilyriel-Jentara Active Member

Aussie guild, Sentenced to Death I believe, raids 7pm Sydney time ( 5am est, 2am pst). The point is the 3pm to 3am window had every guild's raid times somehow overlapping into it. Sure they may not have killed an avatar yet. But, that doesn't mean they never will or will never try. If there was a change to be made then a 4pm pst to 4am pst might make more sense.
  16. Senneth New Member

We are fortunate in that we can kill them any hour they spawn. I can't imagine how bad it would be if we could only kill them during raid hours, or on weekends. The ability to contest mobs at any hour is important if you are serious about killing them. However, the time change impacts more people on Guk than it helps. All of the people who work days (I don't) on the East and West Coast deserve a chance to kill them as well. I preferred the 3p - 3a PST window.
  17. Crychtonn Active Member

That wouldn't help them at all and you know it lol. They'd be in the same spot Transcendence is on EF with a window that closes before they start raiding. And unlike the EF guilds those Avatars won't be left up for them now will they? Good effort at spin doctoring though /thumbs up!

Edit: reply was to Ilyriel wanting it changed to 4 - 4.
  18. Micestro New Member

Did they really change avatar spawn times because another guild complained that they can't get them during raid hours? Why not just add a Guild Hall Amenity that just hands out avatar loot? Contest things, sure. But make player's sacrifices for logging in during "irregular" hours worthwhile.
  19. Froggleg Member

While I don't much care either way since we are stuck with this dumb 12 hour window with simultaneous spawns, an I'm curious as to why our window was changed when it adds no guilds to the pool of possible campers but removes multiple future possibilities. Either way I still dont get home until 7 est at the earliest most days so I still miss the beginning of the window.
  20. Ilyriel-Jentara Active Member

So 4am pst is now before 2am pst? Good thing you guys don't have a call list. I'd hate to see how you'd try to manage all those numbers.