At the summet of the Hold of Rime: The Spire....

Discussion in 'History and Lore' started by ARCHIVED-Orpheus666, Mar 6, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-Orpheus666 Guest

Sits an Ice Dragon Vault and inside this vault is a dragon known as Eirreen The Broken...

[IMG]

AND I was just wondering A) If anyone has seen opportunity to speak to said dragon, B) If there are any other random quests besides the 2 quests for it, 1 to find the following to slay it.
  2. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

The dragon appears in Kraytoc's x4 zone, but I'm not sure if there is any dialogue or lore about it there. Will keep looking for any info.
  3. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

No further info in the x4. There is a quest to kill this dragon given by one of the dwarves in GD.
  4. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

I don't believe there is any in game lore about him but we can see if maybe we can post some of his story on the boards for you guys.
  5. ARCHIVED-tkia Guest

Gninja wrote:
    How about you stick it into a book, in game? And preferably put it somewhere that any aspiring librarian can access it with a bit of effort? :)
  6. ARCHIVED-Banditman Guest

Do you know what I find a real shame?
    Norrath has SOOOOOO ridiculously many libraries scattered across it's cities and dungeons. It has SOOOOO much lore attached to it's universe. Yet, we can't go to any of the libraries and really sit down and read.
    Sure, sometimes a quest takes us to one of these libraries and we pick up a book, however, there really should be a better, more immersive way to simply look at books in these libraries.
  7. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

This may be the mob I (mis?)identified in beta as Tarinax. Some things may need to be reconsidered in that case.
  8. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Anaogi@Mistmoore wrote:
    Tarinax is located in Deathtoll in the Bonemire. That skeletal dragon is Tarinax. He's not alive anymore, nor is he going to return to play a part of Kerafyrm's storyline. He was tasked with guarding Kerafyrm's treasures in Deathtoll and that's what he's gonna do.
    Besides, why would a dragon be working for the Order of Rime, the army that Rallos Zek has raised in order to help fight off Kerafyrm and then take over the rest of Norrath?
  9. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

Cusashorn wrote:
    Wait, what?
  10. ARCHIVED-Iskandar Guest

Yep, he's either very very dead or just incredibly epicly "not feeling well"...
    Here's a pic from EQ2i of Tarinax in Deathtoll ... And another image, with the nameplate off
  11. ARCHIVED-Darth Stomper Guest

Explanation to the confused--got to see the insides of this raid during beta. During that (quick, not really in-depth) tour, I saw what I clearly mistakenly thought was Tarinax. (No, no screenshot sadly.)
    Either my graphic settings led to misidentification, or the Tarinax model was acting as a placeholder at the time. Either way, I seem to have set off a false lead into the goings-on in this expansion, which are well disclosed in the thread for the DoV Signature Quest line on this board.
  12. ARCHIVED-kelvmor Guest

No, no, I was talking about the Order of Rime being Rallos Zek's army.
  13. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Well, it's not like he formed the army directly, but he did order the giants in Kael Drakkel to form the Order of Rime as a division of their military that focuses on invasions.
  14. ARCHIVED-Morghus Guest

Would be interesting if there was any actual lore to this dragon, a refreshing change after having 0 lore regarding Waansu or Zarrakon in the past.

Literally, this is all that we know:

Zarrakon:
    He protects Mayong's treasure.
    He lives underneath the castle.
    He is vampiric.

Waansu:
    He is in a container in Perah's lab.
    He looks sort of like Delahnus.
    He is killed by being blown apart by volatile laboratory specimens.
  15. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

It seems I was mistaken about my previous comment about the Rime army.

It wasn't formed by Kael Drakkel's military, but rather by Velkator himself. He formed the army in hopes of getting revenge on Kael Drakkel for banishing him for his experiments in the first place. The Order of Rime decided they liked working for the giants better, betrayed Velkator, and turned him into a frozen trophy on display.
  16. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

Any update or ETA on lore or a little background story?
  17. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

Would be nice... kind of a shame for so many of the major targets (especially dragons) to just be a name with a treasure chest, heh.
  18. ARCHIVED-Gninja Guest

Out of curiosity Cusa where are you getting those references?
  19. ARCHIVED-SgtPmpkn Guest

GAH! you made me click this thread thinking there was a Lore update/explanation. /goes back to trolling other threads
  20. ARCHIVED-Cusashorn Guest

Gninja wrote:
    The description of Velkator's Labyrinth from the EQ Atlas (official canon to EQlore as it was developed directly by SOE and not a publisher like Brady Games or anything) talks about how Velkator was pretty much exiled from Kael Drakkel for his experiments. Exactly what his experiments were and what caused him to be exiled because of it isn't mentioned, so it's a bit hazy. As far as I've been able to make out from bits and pieces made of quest text, other lore channel users, and rumors, Velkator created the Order of Rime with the intention of getting back at Kael Drakkel, if not going completely to war with the giants in order to get his revenge for being exiled. However, for reasons I haven't yet discovered, the Order of Rime actually liked the idea of working with the giants instead and betrayed Velkator.

Is this all completely true? I don't know, you tell me, since you're the developer. Is there *SOME* truth in all this? Yes. Is there enough information out there to actually change my thought process of this concieved story? Absolutely not, and that is where the problem lies. Just not enough lore to actually put together an actual answer.