Assassinate III Vs IV

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by ARCHIVED-TheJesterLich, Feb 24, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-TheJesterLich Guest

Why would assassinate III list a higher damage range (max of 33k) than it's upgrade assassinate IV (max of 31k) all other upgrades I've been seeing are in fact upgrades, even if it's just an extra hundred or so above the old masters, even the current experts are usually upgrades over the last tier's masters. Except assassinate, do other assassins see the same range (more or less)? I looked them up with another character who's not an assassin and then IV did show as doing more damage, but doesn't show that way for my toon who'd actually use it. Just wondering if it's a bug, or something to do with ability mods or stat caps or phases of the moon, etc.
  2. ARCHIVED-Amise Guest

Myth gives +30% to stealthed combat arts but this doesn't apply to T9 CAs until you get the spell that replaces the weapon. So T9 assassinate won't be an upgrade until you upgrade myth.
  3. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

This question is making my eye twitch. Every class I play has someone asking it in both forums. Its because your mythical weapon doesn't affect T9 spells. It only affects T8 abilities. Not T7, nothing but T8. All of your backstabs will be downgrades because of this until you hit 90 and do the quest to convert the myth to a buff. The new buff will affect all tiers of spells. I can't say for sure whether an expert T8 spell does more dmg than a master T9, because all of mine are mastered, but the mythical buff gives a 30% bonus to stealthed combat arts.
  4. ARCHIVED-TheJesterLich Guest

Thanks, hadn't realized myth didn't effect the new ones, nearly done with the epic repurcussions quest so was good to hear.
  5. ARCHIVED-poopp999 Guest

is there another class specific myth with SF or the previous one's are still going to be used ( along the with its upgrade as stated in the previous posts)?
  6. ARCHIVED-Vymm Guest

You just turn all the abilities on the old myth into a buff and you can replace your main hand with something new fairly quick..
  7. ARCHIVED-Student Of The Mind Guest

I do have the new mythical gem ability, and many of the T9 Expert stealth attacks arent matching up with the T8 Masters.
    Assassinate III Master does 18971-31381.
    Assassinate IV Expert does 18612-30782.

Mortal Blade V Master does 8676-14223.
    Mortal Blade VI Expert does 8665-14204.

Stealth Assault V Master does 1617-2616 DOT 440.
    Stealth Assault VI Expert does 1588-2568 DOT 431.

This shows that many of us who spent hours mining and harvesting for diamonds wasted our time. Even normal combat arts are showing this trend. Gushing Wound and Impale are both downgrades with the T9 Experts.
    Impale VI Master does 151-252, 910-1279, 189-314 per 4 seconds.
    Impale VII Expert does 149-248, 903-1267, 186-310 per 4 seconds.

Gushing Wound VII Master does 480-563, 186-309, 216-361 per 4 seconds, 866-1444 on Termination.
    Gushing Wound VIII Expert does 479-561, 184-307, 215-358 per 4 seconds, 860-1433 on Termination.
  8. ARCHIVED-Gaige Guest

Ya even with the clicky assassinate IV adept 3 is worse than assassinate III master.
    However, I got the new IV master the other night and its a huge upgrade, like 5k on the high end.
  9. ARCHIVED-Student Of The Mind Guest

Gaige wrote:
    I would definitely hope that it would be an upgrade, but having spent hours harvesting diamonds just to get my T9 Experts and see they arent any better that the combat arts I just upgraded from...Its like getting kicked in the shins and not being able to do anything about it. With DPS seemingly out of whack in this expansion, getting non-upgraded upgrades just makes feel as though assassins will be bending over in Sentinel's Fate.
  10. ARCHIVED-wardman Guest

I would like to start off saying I am a tank and healer and not a scout. I have heard it said that the newer expert's are hitting more often than the old masters were. This should improve your dps. I agree that these spells should at least match the previous master if not be better by a bit. I would ask if any scout playing people have noticed this to be true for your class.
    Just my 2 cents.
  11. ARCHIVED-bluefish Guest

Student Of The Mind wrote:
    although true, the difference is so small, its like arguing over a penny when you have $100 in your pocket.
  12. ARCHIVED--=Hoss=- Guest

I don't think you realize how many times that penny is multiplied in the instant that you cast the CA. When was the last time your assassinate only did 30k? Its pretty rare.
  13. ARCHIVED-Lethe5683 Guest

T9 experts are not supposed to be better than T8 masters.
  14. ARCHIVED-Dethdlr Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    T6 Adept III > T5 Master
    T7 Adept III > T6 Master
    T8 Adept III > T7 Master
    Some T9 Expert > T8 Master
    Some T8 Expert < T8 Master
    Yep. Makes perfect sense that this is the way it's "supposed" to work.
  15. ARCHIVED-Solarax Guest

Lethe5683 wrote:
    and who said this? links to anyone official? didnt think so.