Are avatar spawn timers broken on some servers?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Makya, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Makya Active Member

On Everfrost we haven't seen an avatar spawn since early Thursday morning (7/25). We had Tallon spawn right after GU67 hit (Tuesday night), Prexus spawned Wednesday night and 2 more (Vallon and Growth) spawned early Thursday morning (around 1am to 5am). Since then it's been nothing. I've checked with other guilds on the server to make sure.

Heard the same thing from someone on Guk for the same time period. Have any other servers seen a 5 day hiatus in avatars?

I'm waiting for the promised talk about the new avatar spawn mechanics at SOE live but this seems beyond those changes and more like something was broken when they took the servers down last Thursday morning.
  2. Crychtonn Active Member

The rumor going on Flames and in game is a cap of 6 avatars per spawn cycle. No one knows for sure but Meargoth did leave a cryptic answer like this was correct. Everyone is guessing when the new spawn cycle starts. My guess was Monday but I heard most are guessing Tuesday since that's patch day. Nothing spawned anywhere last night as far as I know.

PS ~ Having an avatar bug out and depop counts toward the six. Saw that happen on Guk and heard it happened on other servers.
  3. Frezzy Member

I remember when timers made sense. Those were the good old days.
  4. Chronus Active Member

I saw the cap of 6 a week in warlock ww channel and so far it seems to be holding up. The new timers are also much longer, we've had 3 not spawn for over a week. Honestly I see the point in limiting the number of spawns with 9 avatars now but I think 6 is too low.

To be honest I just wish the system had been fully explained by a Dev before or as it went live. All guilds knowing everything about the new system would allow every guild to know where to concentrate camping and when to camp, rather than this guessing game with the odd bit leaked out by people who have been told something by somebody.
  5. Makya Active Member

Well if the 6 avatar cap is the reason for us not seeing anything for 5 days then it's broken on Everfrost. We've had only 4 since GU67 went live and none were "despawned" as Crychtonn mentioned.
  6. Makya Active Member

Nevermind :( SOE was just waiting 6 days to spawn 2 avatars in the early AM hours for the Asia/Australia guild on our server. Grats Trannys
  7. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Ya we had one spawn at 3AM on our server. This must be their definition of "Prime Time".
  8. Zanloff New Member

6 Avatars in the past 7 days and four of them 2:30am EST or later. I would like to thank the r-e-t-ar-ds that put in the new timers.
    Le Clown likes this.
  9. Le Clown Active Member

10. Saden New Member

No, it just means our prime time window is closer to 7pm-7am to include the asian guild, which is great for only a single guild on the server. Why else would 4 of the 6 new avatars have spawned after midnight. Great job.
  11. Crychtonn Active Member

Midnight EST is only 9 PST. Although I don't get why it goes until 3AM PST / 6 EST. Midnight or 1AM PST sounds more logical for what they said they are trying to do.

I still like my idea if competition is what they are after. Track the usage of raid zones on each server and frame the spawn windows off that. Gets most spawns when most people are raiding but allows for spawns in off hours during other guilds raid times. Eliminate the spawns when no one is raiding (ie Midnight Pacific to 5-6AM Pacific). Think the Asian guilds start around 7AM PST but I could be wrong.
  12. Senneth New Member

So, what you are saying Ser, is that you want most of them to spawn while we have our full raid forces on at night. =)

The spawn window has been shortened too much as is, shortening it even more would take away the competition. If they all spawn around raid time it will be more like farming than contested raiding. There has to be some unpredictability.

I am not a big fan of them being relegated to one time zone. Late nights for folks on the wrong coast.

Pistols at dawn!
  13. Arieste Well-Known Member

I'd prefer the completely random spawn times to be kept. however, if we MUST have new spawn mechanics, my idea is something similar:

Any guild that CAN kill avatars will be killing some of them in the arena. So make it so that avatars can spawn randomly at any time that an avatar (any avatar, not same) has been killed in the arena. So if you have no one ever killing AoTG avatars between 3am and 6am, no spawns at that time. But if you DO have a guild kill an an arena avatar at 6:30am, then the 6am-7am window becomes one of the times when avatar can randomly spawn. This will keep it dynamic and relevant to each server's raiders.
    Quabi likes this.
  14. Crychtonn Active Member

If that's what SOE is trying to do with competition then ya. If they change their minds and go back to the original system that's fine too. I made the suggestion to be inline with what Kander said they are trying to do but so it also doesn't screw over off hour guilds. Right now off hour guilds are getting the short end of the stick.

I've never once before this change advocated for any change to the contested system. I made this suggestion only because the Dev's have gone and changed it already. I don't see them abandoning it soon and Kander has said the windows can be adjusted per server. Off hour guilds have been up in arms over it. I tried to suggest a way of adjusting it so they aren't left out in the cold.

Side note. I know your guild is going to get the lions share of the Avatars. We'd already talked and planned on focusing on the weekend Avatars like we'd done the weekend before the change was leaked. I'd have made the same suggestion if your guild hadn't formed up here. Currently it's an unfair system I gave my idea on how to make it more fair.
  15. amedu Member

Im not a friend of the new spawnsystem, but would it be possible to at least not let the avatar despawn while engaged in combat. Really annoying
  16. Lempo Well-Known Member

What avatar despawned on you?
  17. amedu Member

Vallon 2x , Tallon also. Heard of another guild, they had the same problem.

from my point of view ... there are just not enough player anymore on the server (EU - German) to get a full raid (or atleast a crapraid, which is enough for the old avatars) at 1 pm for example, when the avatar spawns.. then we build the raid as soon as possible (people coming home from work at around 4:30). Everybody is in hurry, to be the first raid pulling the avatar. After several text messaging and phone calls we were enough ppl to pull -> avatar is near to death - BAM - despawn. couple of times ....

I dont really see a positiv element of the new spawning system. Changing the spawntimer -- hmm okay -- if somebody thinks it would change something to make it "more fair" - good give it a try. But, especially the despawn thing is just unbelievable annoying.

If the point is to get ppl angry in this game - congratz u got it !
  18. Karagon Active Member

There is an issue - adds that spawn during fight can be locked to the players that are not in your raid (if you have some other people standing nearby (especially if they cast AOEs or smth like that)). Then if theese adds depop (when that player evacuate for example, or die) - avatar despawn. Check that.
    Using this bug some guild on our server depoped avatars for 10-15 times a row some time ago to pull themselves. t's illegal to do that and i think you can write to tech support about that.

Also there is an issue not related to this bug, but the older one - if an add that spawn during fight kill someone immediately and your raid do not damage it before that happen - it also may cause avatar (or some other nameds also) despawning. Check that also - try not to die from adds just right they spawn during fight