Alternate Advancement Points/Spell Rotation

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by ARCHIVED-DarkGremio, May 29, 2011.

1. ARCHIVED-DarkGremio Guest

Hello, I'm a level 30 Necromancer, I was curious what is the best area to put my alternate advancement points into. I am looking to do more Direct Damage or high DOT spells something that will make NPC's (I.E. PvE) die quicker.

Also what would you recommend for a spell rotation on your quick bar. What spells should I use first when doing PvE for grinding with a tank pet.

Thank-you.
  2. ARCHIVED-The_Cheeseman Guest

As a necro, most of your damage will come from Soulrot, Bloodcoil, Lifetap, and Lich's Siphoning (the proc from the Lich buff). The AA spell Bewilderment is also really nice, as is the extra damage from Consumption. When fighting multiple MOBs, you should also work in Pandemic and Bloodcloud. The rest of the spells are generally not very powerful, and should only be used if the above spells are all down. The only time you should ever cast a swarm pet is to drop aggro with Bewilderment (if you're at 95% aggro, you can pop a swarm pet, then hit Bewilderment and it will drop you to just below the swarm pet on the aggro list, usually like 5%).
    Obviously, this is a highly simplified explanation, but it should get you started.
  3. ARCHIVED-Nrgy Guest

DarkGremio wrote:
    The best way to do more DD damage with a Necro is to always use a Master upgraded Mage pet and run down the Int AA line. Let your pet with thier recently new shared stats do the work for you.
    Add Tainted Heals as only the nieve Necros skip this.
    Run down the DOT tree (towards LB) on the Necro tab. I makes your DOT tick faster and do more damage quicker.
    Bewilderment is very good to have.
  4. ARCHIVED-Anklesteiner Guest

If you're soloing, you want to get Tainted Heals as quickly as possible, and then start working on your tank pet abilities. The better your tank pet is at taking hits, mitigating damage and keeping aggro the better off you'll be.

When getting to the Tainted Heals I would put 5 points into Enhanced Chains of Torment, 5 points into Enhance necromantic Pact, 5 points into Enhance grasping Roots, and 5 points into Enhance Mortality Mark.
  5. ARCHIVED-Rainy Guest

Soulrot actually beats Word of Force for damage? that's a surprise for me just comparing the numbers on the tool tip.
  6. ARCHIVED-kellyrey Guest

The_Cheeseman wrote:
    huh what???
    DarkGremio wrote:
    You can't get Bewilderment at level 30, You don't get consumption or lich at level 30. He's not going to have splurt from a mythical buff, he's not going to have additional dot ticks from the SF endline. Soulrot isn't as godly at level 30 as it is on level 90s w/ focus gear. And I generally don't suggest bloodcoil as a grandmaster at 34.
    T5 mobs don't AE very much and crit chance is extremely limited at those levels, so dumbfires are still very useful in terms of damage at those low levels.
    assuming you plan on soloing heroic dungeons like runneyeye (especially since grouping is pretty dead at low-levels)
    I'd start out beefing up your pet first (shockwave, parry, bodyguard, summoned pets, arcane minion), then reduce cast times/reuse on control/manipulation spells (root, stun, fear), get magic leash (10 points is a guaranteed rescue), enhance pandemic, bloodcoil, soulrot.
    If you're going to be killing overland solo mobs, you can probably just go ahead and get wild channeling then improve soulrot and bloodcoil. Then go for arcane minion. Wish the massive fail reitemization is with crit bonus showing up on low-level gear, crit chance is going to be the best way to improve your damage.
    But like others said, with how easy it is to get tainted heals now, you should pick that up before any other expertise while low-level (as the other three are pretty useless at low-levels and especially while solo)
    For fighting the hard stuff, you're likely going to be spending most of your time toggling mark on and off, healing your pet, and lifetaping yourself back up while your other control spells are down.
    Otherwise, don't discount the damage from dumbfires at those lower-levels. If the mobs you're fighting aren't dying in one or two spells, use them and bloodcoil. However tons of stuff just falls over from sending your pet and hitting soulrot or lifetap once.