Alchemist created expert recipes now need a different Rare

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Chaaskul, Jan 17, 2024.

1. Chaaskul Member

When I started to harvest in BoZ for my fighter spells, it started out as requiring Ammolite. Now that I have all my recipes from level 126 - 130, they now need Dichich Titanium (or however you spell it. After wasting a lot of time getting Ammolite, Ihave to start again. Not happy. Just hope that Roots are still needed for Sage recipes
  2. Airenx Member

They changed it to what it always was, the rare from the ore. For some reason it got mixed up this expansion.
    Twyla likes this.
  3. Chaaskul Member

then they should replace the rares - 1 for 1
  4. Chikkin Well-Known Member

why the hell priest spells now need roots I've no clue, not happy about that. Please change them to gems as always
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  5. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Priests have always used roots.
    Jinksie likes this.
  6. Rattophaxe Well-Known Member

So sell the ammolite and buy the ore.

Hell, if you're on AB I'll trade you.
    Jinksie likes this.
  7. Chikkin Well-Known Member

what are you talking about?
    priest experts always used gems from soft metal nodes, roots are for tailors to make cloth armor
    Breanna and Tkia like this.
  8. Chaaskul Member

My sage uses roots for priest expert spells
    Jinksie likes this.
  9. Denmum Developer

Sadly, there is no "always" in an ever-changing game. From Luclin onwards rare roots have been used (other than some that needed shadowed rares instead) for priest/mage experts.

There were issues with scout and fighter experts that were missed in beta, and have now been fixed. While I am sorry players stockpiled the wrong rare, there is not much that can be done about it now - other than for the alchemists and jewelers to communicate with each other and possibly arrange trades, since their rares were swapped to match what they have been for the last several expansions. :(
    Breanna, Twyla and Jinksie like this.
  10. Chikkin Well-Known Member

yes since Luclin they were changed to requiring any shadowed rare, plus some other stuff, Then Roots exclusively and in double amount since Vetrovia. No idea why you would do that, we had rare gems in Luclin/RoS and in VoV, RoR eras.

Make it inconsistent at the very least, unstable and confusing. That's another change that went in after the big loam extinction years ago.

And I know it's not your decision Denmum, I'm just speaking in general, about decisions done in SOE/Daybreak/Darkpaw
    Breanna likes this.
  11. Chikkin Well-Known Member

yes, I know you do, for the last 4 out of 19 years of EQ2