Adventure Packs and Expansions

Discussion in 'Expansions and Adventure Packs' started by ARCHIVED-SerChandos, Apr 7, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-SerChandos Guest

[p]Hello all,[/p][p] I believe SOE has stated that they are focusing on Expansions and not Adventure Packs.[/p][p] However, I had an idea and was wondering if it made sense from a) a marketing perspective and b) a players perspective.[/p][p] A lot of discussion lately has gone into what kind of content should be in the next Expansion. How much Raid, how much T8, etc.[/p][p]What would be the downside to making Expansions that are totally solo and group oriented and then have Adventure Packs that are totally raid content?[/p][p]Raiders and those who belong to larger guilds tend to go through content faster than those who are not. By giving them more frequent updates in the form of Adventure Packs you will keep those high performance players happy (and not leaving for other games).[/p][p]This will also keep your nonraiders happy as they wont feel like they are purchasing content they will never see. (ie Raid content in a Expansion Pack). They will know they dont have to purchase the Adventure (Raid) Packs.[/p][p] Again, from a Marketing perspective does this make sense? Would they sell more or less of the Adventure (Raid) Packs?[/p][p]Does this work for players?[/p][p]It just seems to me that Raid content is naturally a separate part of the game. Why not formalize this?[/p][p] Cheers.[/p]
  2. ARCHIVED-quamdar Guest

if they did this why would a player that doesn't raid buy an AP? if they keep it a mix they sell both AP and expansions to people that solo, group, and raid.
  3. ARCHIVED-SerChandos Guest

[p]I agree.[/p][p]But.[/p][p] The marketing question comes down to this.[/p][p]Are there more raiders than people who bought the Adventure Packs in the past.[/p][p]I am assuming the Adventure Packs did not sell as well as they thought.....otherwise they would still be doing them. (Or they were not cost effective).[/p][p] It seems to me that you have a dedicated customer base if you make it Raid content.[/p]