Adorning daily quest possibility

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Domino, Apr 5, 2010.

1. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

wow, it seems that everyone here doesn't seem to want to try and by resources (because they know its unrealistic in the current form), they all want to spend hours and hours grinding lowbie zones... wow, fun.
    I understand that buying resources is a choice, and make an Adorner/Transmuter is a choice, and I don't have to do it. However it is my choice, and I would like to do it. You guys can spend days and weekends by yourself harvesting all your rares to get the thousands of resources needed to make a 450 Adorner, however I sure wish there was an easier way.
    That's not fun at all, there needs to be a change to make it not so boring and expensive.
  2. ARCHIVED-Domino Guest

Jonaroth wrote:
    Assuming 10 combines per quest and assuming that you are ABSOLUTELY blessed by the RNG and get every possible skill up chance every single day, then yes, that would be about 45 days if you only did the daily quests. And most likely about double that.
    So no, this is not a fast/easy button, nor is it intended to be. But, there are some level ranges where it's harder to get components than others, and as noted there's a high demand for low level stuff on the broker. This is just being considered as a little help along the way... not as an alternative to working at it, nor as a fast and easy solution.
  3. ARCHIVED-thecynic315 Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    So this isnt a fix for leveling up Adorning but a fix because of the way transmuting works?
    It seems what is being looked at is the lack of resources to be used for tansmuting and then the amout of transmuted materials that are needed for Adorning.
    This has actualy been a core problem since Transmuting was created during EoF, transmuting(and now Adorning) is directly tied to drop rate of items, less items that drop means higher prices for things.

I think a better fix would be to allow Handcrafted and App IVs to be transmuted for Frags then theres no question about price or the amout of items that can be broken down.
  4. ARCHIVED-Valdaglerion Guest

I vote no. Adorning is difficult in terms of acquiring enough coin to spend on materials or investment of time to acquire the materials yourself. The NPC tells you that it will be a costly and difficult road and it should remain so.
    Everyone can be a tinkerer, transmuter and adorner now. Every time these things are made easier it devalues them further.
    The only quests which provide materials to you are the tradeskill instances which require you to be level 50+ and have completed a quest line to gain access to.
    So, once this is implemented the requests will be . . . .
    1. First 10 writs you do each day should be fuel only cost so you can level without investing anything other than the time to actually get the skill ups
    2. Provide 10 free items per day for Transmuting skill ups
    3. Provide similar for Tinkering (loams can be expensive)
    4. Provide harvesting nodes in houses and guild halls to practice with and get the skills up. Dont care if we get materials just want the skill ups.
    Seriously, please consider ways to add more value into crafting and not less. Lets see more difficult recipes that produce items on par with dungeon drops, master spells, etc. There are many of us that would like to see crafting become more difficult IF the rewards were on par with adventuring drops so crafters would be more useful to adventurers.
  5. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    agree++;
    Even if each App IV only gave a 50% chance of a fragment, that's better than nothing. That alone would make things SOOOOOOO much better. plz plz plz plz plz plz
  6. ARCHIVED-Slowin Guest

Androw@Najena wrote:
    I actually just made a new post about this before reading this thread. I would prefer not to see free materials given out, but rather allow us to break higher components down into lower ones. 1 mana = 5 infusions = 25 powders = 100 fragments.
    I don't like the idea of being able to mute handcrafted materials simply because this trivializes the cost of all muting materials. Since we can make higher tier materials out of lower ones, and since crafting materials are now free with the implementation of guild halls (harvesting amenity), it would be pretty simple to create thousands of handcrafted items and drive the cost of materials next to nothing.
    P.S. If a recipe for breaking down materials was implemented as i suggested above.. it would significantly reduce the difficult in leveling adorning since low level fabled items are so easy to get. It would probably be necessary to prevent people from skilling up off of breaking down items since the number of combines you get out of one mana is pretty large.
  7. ARCHIVED-Jonaroth Guest

Slowin wrote:
    Great idea, I would LOVE to be able to turn some of my lower level infusions/mana into fragments and powders. This would make things much better. Theres already spells to convert 10 powders into 1 infusion, I dont see the harm in turning 1 infusion into 5 powders, ect...
    As it is, after leveling to 450 Muter I was left with stacks of Infusions/powders and not enough fragments for all tiers making it difficult to level adorner. A recipe like Slowin suggested would help big time.
    Slowin wrote:
    Well I understand how there may be concern for trivializing the cost of muting, but first off, the cost should come down as it is. The cost is redicilous. But maybe muting handcrafted items woudln't be so drastic if the chance of a handcrafted item producing a fragment was like 25% or 50% chance. It would be an option to level, but maybe not the fastest or best way to do so.
    It might actually help the economy too, making people actually want to buy items made from other tradeskills, as a lot of tradeskillers just sell thier stuff to merchants. ( I do on my alchiemist, no one buys App IVs!)
    It would also make things better for players new to the game. Some people coming to EQ2 on the Trial find that it's impossible to get any gear, as when your lvl 1-20 you cant afford the 10-20g a spell and peice of armor... Addorning as it is is kinda messing up the pricing for lowbies in the game.
  8. ARCHIVED-Deveryn Guest

Jonaroth wrote:
    I like the idea where journeyman spells are consumed, but I don't know that every handcrafted item should be used.
  9. ARCHIVED-Meirril Guest

In general, I don't see a need for this. If it is implimented, I think the real reward is the 10 combines. No need for AA. Maybe a trivial amount of coin? Say a few silver/gold per successful combine, and nothing for failures.
    Create new recipes that use NPC provided non-transmuted ingredients that produce a "fail" product and a "success" product. Someting like "Perfect Crystals" and "Imperfect Crystals". Maybe some house reward for doing a certain number of repeatable quests? Like maybe a token per run if you do 9+ successful combines and the vendor sells crystals for your house at 10 tokens per crystal? Maybe add another token to the reward for doing higher tier combines? Like 0 tokens for skill 1-50, 1 token for 51-150. 2 tokens for 151-250. 3 tokens for 251-350 ect.
    All in all, you can trade time for plat. Or you can use plat as a shortcut. If your willing to pay it, that is the value. Stop complaining if your willing to shell out the big bucks. If you arn't, start farming. Even without farming t1 rares go for a few gold at most. A lot are available for silver! They turn into level 1 items.
    If you think its bad now, adornming use to take more fragments per combine. Think about that and the huge number of transmuters that were already out there before the change. I think y'all would complain if we offered to hang you with a new rope...
    ...maybe adorning isn't for everybody. Ever think about that?
  10. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

I remember when Adornments were implimented, and we asked "Why oh WHY is this such a PITA to level??" The answer (I think it was Friznick, or possibly Beghn, and I'm paraphrasing) was that we asked for something valuable on the market after we lost Legendary crafted stuff and the top of the gear foodchain. If we wanted stuff that sold for mad platz we were going to have to work for it, just like raiders have to work for the uber gear. The implication was that dumbing it down a bit would ultimately result in poorer adornments, just like increasing rare harvests so much (really, they used to be REALLY rare) was one of the things that lost us legendary crafting.
    So that's my fear: make it too easy, and crafted adorns might end up being less desirable.
    That all being said, I don't see what huge harm 10 free combines per day can do. It's still up to Bristlebane.
  11. ARCHIVED-Lord_Ebon Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Yep, that's the way I did it on my carpenter and on my other crafter alts (who weren't necessarily max level back in the day) before guild halls and the harvesters. The entire top row of my bank (4 slots) was devoted to storage of TS raws -- and that's not counting the two shared bank slots for rares and the various other boxes on alts for other things (ie food raws on the provie character). All harvested by hand -- because back then thats what many crafters did. I still have quite a cornicopia of T7 and low rares simply because of all the harvesting I did back then -- in contrast, T8 and to an even greater extent T9 I have comparably few, since I harvest for rares less often that I used to when I had to harvest for all raws (which was quite a bit, even for someone with only 3 L90 crafters like myself )
    I like having the harvesters and the harvest depot though, don't get me wrong -- more time to work on more crafters or the greater amount of seasonal / monthly events =)
  12. ARCHIVED-KerowynnKaotic Guest

DominoDev wrote:
    Do what you do for the cross crafting quests. Give us a recipe book of "adornments" that are adornments only in name & can't be used and same thing for the "raws", again in similar name only but not the real thing.
    Do the same thing for Tinkering. I'd say you could put these quests in Mara. Maybe a bunch of Gnomes have set up shop on the side of the main building .. or just make room for us on BBM docks .. but if you put it in Mara we can do this daily at the same time we get the other daily or our weekly Mara quest. And, still maintain the use of a neutral Crafting point of reference. Don't forget to give a couple rewards! We need a little something to work for other than just the potential for "free" skill ups.
    You could have us 'harvest' the various raws from different baskets, boxes, crates & etc from where ever you set this up at.
  13. ARCHIVED-DaemosDaen Guest

I'm not exactly a big fan of this idea, while there are some levels where it's hard to get treasured quality stuff to mute, it's not as hard to get harvesting rares.
    just my 2 CP, and what I have experianced
    P.S. if you don't wanna use thoes rares, just sell them and use that money to buy the treasured
  14. ARCHIVED-Calthine Guest

Random: If you do this for Adorners, Tinkerers will want it too.
  15. ARCHIVED-MrWolfie Guest

As a maxxed transmuter, I say "no".
    As a maxxed Adorner, I say "no".
    As a vendor, I say "no".
    As a casual player, I say "I hate Daily Missions of ANY type", so "no, thanks!"
    As someone with 7 characters and only one tinkerer, I say I want it for tinkering first/too.
  16. ARCHIVED-Deson Guest

I'm going to say bad idea unless you want to redo even more of the system. The whole point of adorning to now is high investment, high reward and anything that cuts away from that changes the nature of it, perhaps even to the point of making handcrafted a transmutable product. I don't see the level ranges being much of a problem now since you can skill up from greys and there are now the conversion recipes. Possibly the only thing I would change wouldn't be with adorning at all but instead the abysmal treasured + drop rates that exist in the starter and old world zones. That "uncommon" and no tag loot still drop is aggravating to both the transmuter and adorner alike.
  17. ARCHIVED-Kizee Guest

Ugh.
    Why does everything have to be easy??
    It is nice that adorning and tinkering are time consuming for since not all will want to spend the time to do it.
    Pretty soon this game will have some more options at character select:
    Max level character (y/n)
    Max AA level (y/n)
    Mythical (y/n)
    High end raid gear (y/n)
    Max level crafting profession (y/n)
    Max level Tinkerer (y/n)
    Max level Transmutter (y/n)
    Max level Adorner (y/n)

For less tedium from hitting "y" ....Click HERE for all yes responses
  18. ARCHIVED-JesDer Guest

I guess I am ok with this idea provided the PM I sent Domino is dealt with ;)

Drop it to 8 a day as "common ground" and call it a night. That should average out to about +5 skill a day if they are white adorns.
  19. ARCHIVED-Kerberos Guest

I have no problem with a daily quest, but it would have to be like the tradeskill rush orders are now. If free materials are to be given then the adornments that are created must not be kept by the crafter. It would destroy the market for adornments. As long as that happens and the number of combines per day stays relatively low, I am all for it.
  20. ARCHIVED-Whilhelmina Guest

First : I'm max transmuter, max adorner and max tinkerer.
    Then : I like the idea. If you want to level fast, are dedicated and so on, you'll farm mutable stuff or buy it. If you want to level slowly, a bit at a time, yes it's a great way. It's only say 5 "free points" a day so it's not game breaking and I'm all for TS quests.
    But please, add one for tinkers too ;)