Add Login Server to the Server Status

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Chillispike, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Chillispike Active Member

As far as i'm aware the Login Server handles the login to all Daybreak Games.

The Server status page shows each Server for each game, but it doesn't show the State of the Login Server.
    => Suggestion: "Add Login Server to the Server Status"

Reason:
    When the login server goes down and you are logged in => you can play and zone, till you try to change charaters or get zone stuck bug.
    The Server Status would say then
    Server XY is up
    Login Server is down

instead of "only"
    Server XY is up
    Prissetta, Ceyllynn and Shmogre like this.
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

The only possible problem I see is that there's probably more than one login/authentication server. In fact, we know there are, because as you login it says, "Trying server #1", "Trying server #2" etc. until the attempt times out.

I'd just be happy if, when there is a large-scale problem with the login/authentication servers, that the DBG team would NOTIFY the Community Manager (waves to Roxxlyy) so that a notice can be posted in the forums. When there's a clear and easy-to-access notice that conveys "we know there's a problem and we are working on it", customers are less unhappy.
    Ceyllynn, Prissetta and Shmogre like this.
  3. Chillispike Active Member

Ceyllynn and Sigrdrifa like this.