A "real" tradeskill quest

Discussion in 'Tradeskill Discussion' started by ARCHIVED-Rijacki, Feb 15, 2007.

1. ARCHIVED-Rijacki Guest

In my scenarios, and in my mind-set for a "true" tradeskill quest, a crafter could do it completely without any adventurer. Adventurers could make it easier, but they wouldn't be -required-. Besides, I personally see nothing wrong with having the higher portions of a very complex quest require help from others. I would even welcome requirements of components that were outside of the crafter's own field so he/she would have to get them from someone else (even if only from alt, but preferably the commission system could be used to require 2 people, or at least 2 accounts, working together). As for having a crafting station in a "tag-along" location.. bleah, yuck, ewwww. That's actually worse than having a raid guild trickle down the recipe to the non-raiding crafters. It again makes a crafter wholy subordinate to the raiders and not as their equal.
  2. ARCHIVED-TaleraRis Guest

Nor do I. What I balk at is a reward for a crafter requiring an adventurer. Requiring more than one crafter is a perfectly acceptable way to set questing up in a similar manner to how things are now. I would even go farther than just two people, and say it must be two crafters working together somehow. A "solo" stage would require the crafter, or tradeable products from another crafter which means you could get it from an alt. A "group" stage would be another crafter or two working together to some goal and a "raid" stage would be up to 24 crafters working together for some goal. Preferably, there would be some way to finish the series in any of these ways, just with lesser rewards if it was the "solo" or "group" step as opposed to finishing it on the "raid" step. That would design it with the common crafter to the professional crafter in mind.
  3. ARCHIVED-Likias Guest

[p]Group LFM if Alchemist...pst!![/p][p]j/k[/p][p]Anyway I think its a good idea. After all crafting is considered a profession and a quest that isnt grinding to the point of madness would take the tedium out of it. I hate crafting and think its a good idea, so...[/p][p]lol[/p]