a fix for harrows end anytime soon?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Gideon, Nov 23, 2012.

1. Gideon Member

has been bugged since launch, get to fitzpitzle half way through the fight he poofs. cant continue with the zone becuse you need to kill him to progress.
    7 out of the 8 times we ran it in the last 2 days he's bugged out.
    fix it already please, pretty please ..........
  2. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Done this zone probably 50x since launch (Really need a new hobby) and not seen him disappear once?

May be a stupid question, but you do know once he reaches a certain % he disappears into the next room?
  3. Seiffil Active Member

It's a known bug, and I know saw another thread regarding this issue. On a raid, we had an issue where he just went nuts, and didn't actually run out of the room so we could follow him, instead he disappeared, then the encounter reset but Fitzpitzle was nowhere to be found to restart.

The fix is reportedly on Test, but is not included on the update being pushed on Monday.
  4. Gideon Member

he dont disappear to the next room, he becomes unattackable and runs to the next room, every time he bugged out recently was when he was transitioning from the 2nd to the 3rd room
  5. Ludilly Member

Happened to me today (12/2). This is not fixed. Happened between 3rd and last room.
  6. Mae- Well-Known Member

GAHHHH This broke on our raid tonight. How is this not fixed yet?
  7. Estred Well-Known Member

Probably because 4ish other raid fights are also bugged to heck. Drinal, Oligar, Fitzpitzle and I 'think" the Enranged Imp was recently changed to better follow his script.
  8. Luhai Active Member

You forgot the Bastion. ;)
  9. Mae- Well-Known Member

Can't even get to two of those without Fitz =P Gninja posted 2 weeks ago that he had added some safeguards to protect it, but it would be a week before we saw them. Don't see anything in patch notes but there haven't been any other posts about it so I ASSUMED it was fixed =P Silly silly me.
  10. Estred Well-Known Member

I don't think your silly just perhaps the intended fix did not get at the real issue of the problem. A misplaced semicolon can ruin a whole series of thousands of lines of code.
  11. Gninja Developer

The fix for some reason has still not made it to live servers. I will double check and see what the holdup is.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

I cringed when I saw this mob, cause his script in Deathtoll STILL bugs out to this day.
  13. Seiffil Active Member

This encounter is still Bugging out even after the patch went in to fix it. When going to the third room, he spazzes out and despawns. At a minimum, there needs to be a way for a group to continue on with the zone, and basically find out they wasted their time since they won't be able to go any farther.
  14. Ludilly Member

Yes, the patch notes said it was fixed, but Fitz is still bugged. Can bug either between 1st and 2nd room, or 2nd and 3rd. One theory is that if you have to fight the swarm trash (souls?) in between room moves, it interrupts the script and makes him "poof", although several times my group has taken him down to 25% in room #2 and then he poofs before he gets to room 3 and any other fighting occurs, so don't know. This is not just occasional -- in my guild it seems to happen more than 50% of the time.
  15. Encori Active Member

I have not experienced fitz being bugged, but it sounds similar to the same reset bug that's been in the game since forever. Any encounter with adds tends to carry a risk of resetting if adds can spawn and kill one person without being in combat with anyone else. The adds then say "well, we won" and the whole encounter resets.

(If the tank doesn't get the adds instantly this problem is usually countered by the healer having groupwide reactive/ward procs always active -- healer gets on hate list, so adds know there's more to fight, even if they manage to kill someone.)

Although you'd think if a progressive ring event resets, it would at least reset to the start, which apparently it doesn't, as people are saying.
  16. Jedediah Member

please fix it hav e raid tonight dont want to waste time kplsthnx