a burnt key

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Adevil, Jan 26, 2017.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Having it expire while you're in it (if you have acutally been playing the whole time, not going afk) sounds like a problem. Like the duck portal, though, it makes sense that once you leave, the instance is gone. It IS a temporary portal, after all.
  2. Adevil Well-Known Member

Does the duck portal put a quest in your journal?
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

I have no clue. I have no patience for randomly slaughtering things hoping I'm a) doing it at the right time and b) will also get lucky. So I never got a duck portal.
    Scrappyz likes this.
  4. Terrius Well-Known Member

No, the duck portal has no quest, it is just a portal and once inside you have 12 hours to finish it, if you die the only revive point is outside in Thalumbra (meaning you can not get back in to finish) but you can camp inside and return within the 12 hours to the zone.

I know this because I have had about 10 duck portals and have tested it.
  5. Scale New Member

still can't find portal...anyone who has seen one please post location so we can build some sort of pattern if any.
  6. Bejewelz New Member

I have been looking for the portal too.. I have been to all three zones and checked all the spots others have found it. If anyone sees it plz post more places to look ..
    Thank you !
  7. Ellimist Active Member

Post a screenshot as well of what it looks like. Also have we worked out how to get the burnt key yet and its timer?
  8. sycla Active Member

you need to be on a key quest..killing ghosts,collecting sparklies etc for a chance of burnt key
  9. Ahmassar Active Member

Seems ppl are having problems killing the last mob, anyone care to share?
  10. Zeee New Member

I received a key while knocking the flying guys down on the dead elf key quest. The portal was in KP on top of the iksar island temple place. I did not have a hard time with the last guy running a tanky wizzy spec, but low dps classes may get frustrated. The zone buff allows you to cast while running so I kited him. Occasionally he stoneskins, that's all that I noticed about the fight. There are a lot of mobs so be ready to invest some time before going into the portal. Even though I found the portal and completed the zone the quest "Into the Woods" is still active on the step "Find the entrance". The quest and zone are very funny if you've read or remember the burnt woods forum post from eq1. Thank you devs :)
    Terrius likes this.
  11. Twisty Well-Known Member

has someone gotten the key while NOT on a timed key-quest?
  12. Carbajal New Member

Somene said in chat this morning on HoF they got one while doing a PQ in OF.
  13. kluxor Well-Known Member

So it seems if you're active doing playing, and not just sitting afk, you have a random chance of getting a key?

Only obulus1? Certain times per day?
  14. Udonn Active Member

Talked with 2 yesterday that say they were not on a key quest. One was just doing the sig line, and was around the gnashers, and the other was running from the gardens down the path to where Warslik walks.

Question: Should I post the strat on the last named, or not? Some don't want to see spoilers, and prefer to figure it out on their own
  15. Melckore Member

Just post it with a Spoiler Alert header. People can skip if they want to.
    Prissetta likes this.
  16. Ellah Active Member

Yes, I'd like the option to see, so spoiler alert header gives people the option to see or not..
    Prissetta likes this.
  17. tbankert New Member

Finally found my portal today. It was on top of Karnor's Castle in KP: Screen shot below of what the portal looks like.

[IMG]
    GrunEQ, Prissetta and Adevil like this.
  18. Udonn Active Member

Will post a separate header for it.
  19. Dragonsnacks Active Member

I had completed the weekly adv solo and clicked accept and the inspect window for the a burnt key popped up but I didn't get the key. not sure what happened there.
  20. Ellah Active Member

I would do a search if your inventory. That's what happens in PQs if you are awarded the sword/charm but already have one on you/in your bank or in your shared bank. A search should show you where it is.