5 Exciting Places to Adventure and Grandmaster Spells

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Afista_DG, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Ansom Active Member

You can't use a gm scroll, if you don't have the prerequisites, like now a f2p can't use a master.
  2. Deveryn Well-Known Member

F2P *can* use a master with an spell unlocker from the store. That's why I brought up the idea. Having picked up several unlockers for myself at one point, I'd like to know if they will continue to have a use.
  3. Loredena Active Member

Looking at the ungemmed should give you a pretty good idea, as gemmed is more of the same. I do wonder though that you felt that the drops weren't better than the quested, and also that you cannot complete the zones with a merc. I've been both duoing them with my husband, and moloing them, and I'm a casual player who hadn't played for over a year before returning this summer. The critical thing for me was making sure crit chance was up - I used a mix of purple and white runes for that. As i've run the dungeons I've been slowly replacing the quest gear with the drops, and have also been able to replace my purple crit chance runes with more-appropriate ones. I don't have a brigand, and my swashy is still 85 - but I've molo'd labs and betrayer both with my conjurer and my ranger. Assuming you've completed the quest line, the sokokar is a huge boost!

The key to Fherin is range -- go to one of the planeshifters and fight it at range - you want to be about 25 (w/Ferin rooted or being tanked) if I remember correctly to make sure that it isn't healing Fherin. Use either a tank merc at range or stamper in my experience. Once one is down go kill the other. Than Ferin will be an easy kill, he just folds. I strongly recommend either a merc that cures (stamper) or a goodly supply of cure potions for both labs and betrayer though./edit to add -- the 3 have a shared hitpoint pool, so Fherin's health will drop as you kill the other two.

What are you running into with Labs? Personally I've found it to be surprisingly easy (you know you can fly over and ignore most of the trash, right?) in comparison to some of the others.
    Avahlynn and Deveryn like this.
  4. Loredena Active Member

I forgot -- go to Dragon's Armory. There you can find the cryptic gear as ungemmed, and with 1, 2, 3, and 4 gems so you will know what the changes do.

also -it goes entirely against the grain I know, but ignore the green stats and focus entirely on the blue. That's what matters the most in those dungeons. I looked at your profile, and I know it is counter-intuitive, but the drops really will be better than the quested gear.

Finally -- if you look at the cryptic gear you can wear with the exchanger you can see what is available for each slot so you know which piece you are aiming for. TBH I mostly took what I could get the first time through, and then ran again till I got the piece I actually wanted. That can be a bit costly in yellow gems/etyma, but I was running the crafting quests during the double double which let me get ahead on etyma and I make my own.
  5. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Believe all Weekly Features are free to all after one week, this may? be an exception since its tied to DF and the DF is a picky little bugger, but idk.
  6. Gracey Well-Known Member

Thank you for making the font in this post big enough to read!!! <3 Afista (yeah... you know I'm nearly blind).
  7. Hakkif New Member

I meant 60 days for the researched spell. My goof, not 90 days. I'm still curious why SOE skipped over crafting "Master Spells".
    That may come in time, I hope.
  8. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

Masters were originally a pull to keep re-running dungeons after you had all your gear, because you had 20+ abilities sitting @ the Apprentice through Expert levels waiting to exceed their current power and effectiveness.

And then the Fire Nation struck the Devs down, and the Great KoS->EoF Nerfing occured, removing easy drop zones such as Hidden Cache. XD Chamber of Immortality is all that remains of the glory days...
    Avahlynn likes this.
  9. Arathena New Member

Just one question. You know how we can hurry up research by spending SC? Could somebody please tell me if that'll work for GM spells too?
  10. Foretold Well-Known Member

Yep, that will work too, but from what I hear it will cost @4500 station cash. Insane.
    Avahlynn likes this.
  11. Abasinolanam Active Member

I was really excited about the idea of level agnostic dungeons, but since all my toons are 95 I guess I'll miss out. I don't foresee paying for a character slot just so I can try this. Too bad because I thought the whole idea behind it was giving us long time players a reason/method to group with mid level folks.
  12. Kurei Hitaka Well-Known Member

That's more mentoring and DM till they can adjust the balance properly (you get bonus exp for mentoring down 30+ levels anywho surprise more people don't do this for AA) , sadly, There really is a massive gear difference starting from 90 content, so I could see it being a complete mess. Especially since 90->92 and 92->95 has been a case of "tiers within tiers within tiers" lol.

This was more to encourage grouping as a whole, so at least the lowibes will be happy for awhile.
    Loredena likes this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Adepts are not craftable either and never have been. Having masters craftable would defeat the purpose of having them part of the grandmaster recipes.
    Back before research, getting masters was something that many strove for but not everybody got. Given the recipes for grandmasters, that is the sense I'm getting for them. Though since there is research now, people can, eventually, get all their grandmasters with either time or money.
  14. Deveryn Well-Known Member

It's closer to 3000 (at 49SC a day for 60 days). Members will save 300 and they're already getting 500 / month.
  15. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone!

We want the features for the Level Agnostic Dungeons & Grandmaster Spells Patch to be awesome right from the start, and to do this we’re going to need to take some extra time to correct a few issues before it launches. This patch is now planned to launch on Tuesday, October 7th, 2014.

Here’s some additional good news though!

To clear up some issues with spell research and grandmasters and allow it to be more readily accessed by non-members, we are going to increase their spell access by one tier. This will allow players without an All-Access membership the ability to scribe or research Masters, including the flexibility to use SC to upgrade spells as well!

The spell unlocker items will be removed from the marketplace completely to remove any confusion. Any existing spell unlockers players have already purchased can be sold to Status Merchants for status points. This will go live with the Level Agnostic Dungeons & Grandmaster Spells update next week.
    brokenshieldd likes this.
  16. Afista_DG Well-Known Member

I've updated the information in the thread with a new announcement. We are removing the restriction for F2P members so that they will be able to scribe and use Master spells without an unlocker. Unlockers that have already been purchased will be able to be sold to status merchants for status points.
    Deveryn likes this.
  17. Uncle Active Member

awsome cause F2P wasnt taken into consideration or was and you all didnt think there would be any backlash we have to wait a week maybe you all should consider allowing all access into beta a few days early
    brokenshieldd likes this.
  18. Ahupu Well-Known Member

4. After 90 days your version of the spell in your knowledge book will be GM, you will NOT have a physical copy of a GM spell.
  19. Deveryn Well-Known Member

If that's from this thread, it was a mistake that was corrected later on. 60 is the highest number I've read about anywhere.
  20. Ahupu Well-Known Member

I was on my phone and it skipped about a page and a half of posts heh. Way back on page two Hakkif used that 90 day number and asked a question that confused people specifically whether he would have a GM spell or just have the spell after the research period (regardless of what the actual period is). I believe the answer I gave is what he was asking about, but only he knows for sure. Oddly, when I hit the reply on a post now it does not quote the text of the person to whom I am replying. I do not know why or how that happened, but even on my computer it no longer functions. My response would have made more sense if it had actually quoted, but I was at work and in a hurry so did not notice it until now.